• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
That's what I'm thinking. That the specials exist, at least in part, so that the anime can do stories about Mega Evolutions without actually having to give them to the main characters.

It's too bad, though. I think a Mega Jukain would be a far more impressive addition to Satoshi's team than a Meecle, Gogoat, Bokurei, or whatever other sixth Pokémon he eventually captures in Kalos will be. And that combined with a potential Gekkouga, Fiarrow, and Numelgon? You would have Satoshi's strongest Pokémon lineup yet.

It would also open up a potentially interesting direction to take Satoshi in. It's the strength of the bond between a trainer and their Pokémon that makes Mega Evolution possible, and that's what Satoshi is really all about. A storyline like what Corni and Lucario had would have been a perfect way to give Satoshi something to really struggle with this series, and perhaps even develop him a bit.

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
^
See that's the thing. Mega Sceptile actually would be a great. It would promote ORAS, it gives Ash a mega, we get a fan favorite Pokemon back (like we did with Charizard back in Unova, and and get the grass type that Ash needs. Also, because only the mega is a dragon his team wouldn't really lose any balance.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Sceptile could be the best pokemon to bring back if he did. Now that we have a new character coming in with a Treecko, this supports the idea further. Going off my predictions that I have been fairly accurate with, Ash will catch his final pokemon right before the 8th gym. It is possible they may let Ash catch 1 more Kalos pokemon, but they could still bring Sceptile back, but Ash would have to rotate his team.

Though I get the feeling he might be using a few older pokemon in the League similar to how he did in Sinnoh. There are many pokemon that he could still catch that would catch him. It is very possible that he will not have a grass type this time which would be slightly odd. I guess we will just have to see.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The name of XY063 is going to be Being Lost and Torn is the Road to Separation!? Jessie and Wobbuffet!!.

Does anyone think that this might imply Jessie releasing Wobbuffet?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The name of XY063 is going to be Being Lost and Torn is the Road to Separation!? Jessie and Wobbuffet!!.

OMG I really hope that it won't happen :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

The Spoiler Cake and Upcoming Movie Poster confirmed Wobbuffet So Jessie ain't releasing it .
Though , I wonder how Wobbuffet previous trainer will react to know his Wobbuffet now working for that Bad Guys !

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I was going to say the movie could take place before the sepereation, but Luxio and the other had already evolved as well, so unless they evolve before that episode, it is possible that Wobbuffet could still be released. But is it really the same trainer? They traded by mistake back in Johto.

My guess is it will be similar to the episodes how Meowth always leaves but rejoins.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The Spoiler Cake and Upcoming Movie Poster confirmed Wobbuffet So Jessie ain't releasing it .
Though , I wonder how Wobbuffet previous trainer will react to know his Wobbuffet now working for that Bad Guys !
Wait, it's previous trainer is in it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I watched BW156 and it remind me how Powerful Dragonite was and how Ash & Clare had to team up and use 3 pokemon to calm her down.
And Then I got Angry remembering How easily Iris got that powerful pokemon like that for free.
Ash Getting Goodra will not make up for Iris catching Dragonite ! Because Goodra is nowhere near Legendary & Destructive as Dragonite . Plus Goodra can't fly therefore its useless during Aerial Battle .
Remember , The Meloetta ark where Dragonite team up with Golurk and Garchamp to fight Kami Trio.
Goodra would be unless in a sitution like that because it can't reach all the way Up there to fight them.
Also , Ash's Goomy ability is Hydration. An Ability that is useless without Rain dance or Rain.
At least , Sap Slipper make Goodra immune to Grass attack and allow it to raise attack by hitting itself with Power Whip.

Worst part , Iris has 85% chance to appear with Garchamp ! 2 most powerful non-legendary Pokemon and she get them for free. Oh , Just imagine the hate she will get.
Its like the Creator of this Series Want Iris to be hated because She's Black.

Wait, it's previous trainer is in it?

No ,
I was thinking Wobbuffet's Original trainer feeling if he ever find out his beloved Wobbuffet now working for the criminal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hello, I did not want to talk about Hawlucha in the Episode 58 thread because it would be somewhat off topic. There is a lot of love, but also hate for Ash's Hawlucha.

At the start of XY, I did not want Ash to get Hawlucha. This being because it was my most hated pokemon out of the new ones. I started to like it more. But as we continue on through the anime, Hawlucha just seems to be annoying now, to me. Almost like a filler because they didn't know what else to let him catch,. Torkoal didn't have an evolution, but at least it was far for useful than Hawlucha currently. I am starting to dislike Hawlucha once again. If Hawlucha sticks around, I hope he starts to become more useful. And no it isn't because of Hawlucha being a 2nd flying type as Hawlucha is mainly a fighting type, but Ash really should start to use it more like a fighting type than a flying type.

As for Ash's sixth pokemon. To be honest, I am not sure what he should get. I am kinda stuck on it. But if I was the writer, I would allow him to catch Snover and maybe another Kalos pokemon. Why Snover? You may ask. Well soon pokemon will be in a cold region for a while. Snover is both a grass and ice type pokemon. Snover could follow Ash from the Frost Cavern all the way to the 8th gym where it eventually evolve and possibly have a Abomsnowite or whatever its called. We were given one by an Abomasnow in XY, but we also were given a Lucario, so this really has nothing to attach to. Just a small speculation.

If Ash does not catch a grass type, I really have no idea what he would catch.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hello, I did not want to talk about Hawlucha in the Episode 58 thread because it would be somewhat off topic. There is a lot of love, but also hate for Ash's Hawlucha.

At the start of XY, I did not want Ash to get Hawlucha. This being because it was my most hated pokemon out of the new ones. I started to like it more. But as we continue on through the anime, Hawlucha just seems to be annoying now, to me. Almost like a filler because they didn't know what else to let him catch,. Torkoal didn't have an evolution, but at least it was far for useful than Hawlucha currently. I am starting to dislike Hawlucha once again. If Hawlucha sticks around, I hope he starts to become more useful. And no it isn't because of Hawlucha being a 2nd flying type as Hawlucha is mainly a fighting type, but Ash really should start to use it more like a fighting type than a flying type.

As for Ash's sixth pokemon. To be honest, I am not sure what he should get. I am kinda stuck on it. But if I was the writer, I would allow him to catch Snover and maybe another Kalos pokemon. Why Snover? You may ask. Well soon pokemon will be in a cold region for a while. Snover is both a grass and ice type pokemon. Snover could follow Ash from the Frost Cavern all the way to the 8th gym where it eventually evolve and possibly have a Abomsnowite or whatever its called. We were given one by an Abomasnow in XY, but we also were given a Lucario, so this really has nothing to attach to. Just a small speculation.

If Ash does not catch a grass type, I really have no idea what he would catch.

There 2 thing need to be done in order to give Ash a Balanced Roster--

---- Replace Hawlucha with a Non-Bird Pokemon .

---- Give Ash a Quadruped Pokemon like Gogoat or Metagross or Avalugg .

As for Megevolution , Charizard is the easy choice ! But Isn't Mega Charizard is too predictable ???
I think , Ash first Megevolved Pokemon should something new and unexpected.
Mega Abomasnow isn't a Bad Choice But he's too Beast-like.
As The Protagonist , Ash need a Megevolved Pokemon that look more Mascot-like or Hero-like!!
Lucario was The Best choice and it was easy to form close enough Bond with it in short time due to Ash's connection with Aura But That Ship has sailed .
However , Ash haven't caught his 6th Hoenn Pokemon yet and ORAS came out recently !
So , It would good idea if Ash catchs his 6th Hoenn Pokemon in Kalo as a Part of ORAS Promotion ! The best choice would be Medichum or Banette .

Honestly , I would Probably give Ash a Mega Banette ! Since Nobody expect that

Probably a Evil Banette that mutated after adsorbing the negative feeling of Human So it will be bigger then average Banette ! Its will trap Children in a illusory world.
May be , Lysandre can appear and help Ash catch That Banette ! he also express his grief on Humanity for giving birth to such Pokemon. (Foreshadowing TF ark)
Later , Ash calm down Banette and catch it ! Lysandre is impress and give Ash a Mega Ring & Banettite to see if Ash can form close enough bond with that Banette to megevolve it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am starting to think that Ash will catch a Dunsparce, he seems to be obsessed with them. He has tried to catch one two times now and has not had the chance.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I am starting to think that Ash will catch a Dunsparce, he seems to be obsessed with them. He has tried to catch one two times now and has not had the chance.

Ash getting a Goodra by the time he face Clemont-
tumblr_njnt39bGzF1u4z98ko3_400.png

Not happy about it ! Goomy evolve too fast , It feel more forced .
I hope it doesn't lose to Clemont's Heliolisk ! Or else it won't seen like a much for Dragonite.

Ash should catch a Prankster type Pokemon in his team ! He should replace Hawlucha with it .
As for Dunsparce , If its evolve into a giant snake Pokemon like Steelix then I may be okay with it.
Or may , Dunsparce can fuse with Goodra to evolve into a stronger Dragon Pokemon.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Great to see goodra! And he really needs a dunsparce

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
It has been a running gag of Ash attempting to catch a Dunsparce, and failing. My prediction, after Ash quits his journey, his replacement will catch a Dunsparce successfully as a brick joke.

In addition, Fletchling will not evolve. In the latest Episode Ash's Fletchling appears as a Fletchling. It's very reasonable since in the games, Fletchling can only evolve once it is hatched from an egg.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am just going to ignore you Olive. Obviously you are trolling.

My prediction is Goomy will evolve in the next episode, he will stay Sliggo till about the 6th gym. That is what I think. As the openings usually don't even match the anime. Unless that screen is actually part of the episode.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

My prediction is Goomy will evolve in the next episode, he will stay Sliggo till about the 6th gym. That is what I think. As the openings usually don't even match the anime. Unless that screen is actually part of the episode.

Honestly , I wanted Goomy to evolve after it beat a bunch of Powerful Pokemon as Goomy ! Seriously , Could writer create a mini-Tournament for it to win before evolving ?
Any , I'm still hoping for Hawlucha to be replace ! I hope Hawlucha will move like a gust of win as a Flying/Fighting type.
He also has same speed star as Serperior.
So I expect him to move Like this-
Spoiler:

I guess it my mistake ! I forgot Ash isn't Trip So there noway he can have an ''Untouchable'' Pokemon . He has to be ''Writers Favorite'' for that .
I wonder when Ash's Fletchinder will learn Flamethrower. All Ash's fire type are destine to learn Flamethrower.
Off Course , I prefer to see A Fire Breathing Goodra.
Serena need to catch atleast 2 more Pokemon ! I recommend A Swana or Slowpoke.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016

I'm not trolling. It's the bird that's doing the trolling. I've got an official source that proves Fletchling's evolution method, that is, if I could find it again...

Ash will have to find another Fire-type Pokemon to make up for it, as well as a Grass-type.

The problem, there aren't any Grass-type Pokémon in any Kalos Regional Dex that can suit Ash. As for Fire-types, none in the Kalos Regional Dexes, excluding any that Ash already has, can suit him either...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
After watching the preview after last weeks episode. It pretty much confirms that Goomy will evolve in this weeks episode. Unless it was using bide, and to me, it looked like the evolution glow that they use for evolution this Gen.

Years
After watching the preview after last weeks episode. It pretty much confirms that Goomy will evolve in this weeks episode. Unless it was using bide, and to me, it looked like the evolution glow that they use for evolution this Gen.

Apparently the preview showed it was raining when Goomy did the rapid transition to Goodra. It was only shown as a Sliggoo for a few seconds before becoming Goodra.

Also, given that Serena's Fennekin will be evolving into Braixen soon, I do wonder if this means that Clemont's Chespin will be the starter that won't evolve. Because Chespin is the comic relief of the main cast's Kalos starters, and usually in most cases the comic relief starter never evolved. But then again in Hoenn all of the starters on the main cast evolved at least once, so who knows.

Back