• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
Years
  • What if a legendary partners up with him for the league battles?.. That one trainer, Tobias, had a few...
    I believe that was a one time thing imo, I mean where would he get them (WITHOUT MASTERBALLS I MIGHT ADD!!!). I believe it was just a way to get Ash to lose in the sinnoh league, honestly. Or we might see Tobias again, so he can thrash Ash a second time, it could happen.

But I believe that Ash will win this league, I mean forget Pikachu and Charizard because,
    Spoiler:
    Ash-Greninja is supposed to be stronger then any mega, according to an episode coming soon.
    Spoiler:

And he can just bring this list of Pokemon and thrash the Elite 4:
    Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, and maybe Noivern (his strongest Dragon IMO, and he needs something other than a starter.)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    And yet he hasn't actually defeated any Megas and lost to an Avalugg of all things recently...

To be fair,

Allan has literally spent years fighting other megas and has a massive bond and power with Charziard. Ash only just got Greninja, hence why he lost. And Dianthia is the champion, and he messed up her pretty good. With a more perfected bond, he will probably be set. Plus Ash Greninja relies more on Ash then Greninja. If Ash can't take what Greninja does, then Greninja can't succeed as Ash would faint, breaking the transformation.

And Wulfric just wasn't dumb. He had actually strategy. He used abomasnow to keep avalugg constantly healed. Ash also under estimated Wulfric. He wasn't thinking straight, and ignored Greninja's ability to fight, which cost him the loss as well, and caused him to realize he couldn't be trusted with Greninja if he can't think about it's feelings, which is why he fled to the woods to isolate himself.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Wulfric is the strongest Gym leader in all of the games, did you honestly think he would win? Not to mention Avalugg is a freaking tank with 184 base defence. Which most of Ash's pokemon use physical attacks. His pokemon hardly know any special attacks.

And he did beat a Mega, he defeated Mega Lucario or did you forget? That was without a Mega. To be honest, it sounds like you either know nothing about development or you are going to be another 'Because its new, I hate it' kind of person. And he will be fighting Mega Abomasnow which he will defeat.

The league is coming up, and it says there will be an X vs Y Charizaed battle, so unless Alain has suddenly taken interest in gym battles or a new character comes in, Ash might be getting Mega Charizard X or Y. The only trainers we know that have a Charizard currently are Trevor, Alaine and Ash. Alaine has not shown interest in gym battles. And everytime we see Trevor, his pokemon has evolved, so he is probably X or Y.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The league is coming up, and it says there will be an X vs Y Charizaed battle, so unless Alain has suddenly taken interest in gym battles or a new character comes in, Ash might be getting Mega Charizard X or Y. The only trainers we know that have a Charizard currently are Trevor, Alaine and Ash. Alaine has not shown interest in gym battles. And everytime we see Trevor, his pokemon has evolved, so he is probably X or Y.

Looking at the scans, I think it's Trevor who owns the Charizard Y. Probably because the writers are denying giving Ash a standard Mega because they are making Ash Greninja sorta act like a Mega.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Alain might be in the league as a set up by Lysandre, or something. So his will be the Charizard X, obviously, while Trevor is Charizard Y. Since let's face it the idea of Alain not being jnteresting in badges is weak since we haven't seen any onscreen idea that Trevor was collecting them either.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • True.

And it is possible that Lysandre gave Alaine the badges or something. They could be pulling a Team Plasma type deal. And the league doesn't actually finish.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    It depends, remember the Froakie hate? It got the best design(sadly) plus maybe the director knows we are sick of flying types and he doesnt get rowlet, imo I hope he gets both of the cuties

Years
  • Not to mention Avalugg is a freaking tank with 184 base defence.

Why are game stats being applied to the anime?

And it is possible that Lysandre gave Alaine the badges or something. They could be pulling a Team Plasma type deal. And the league doesn't actually finish.

Or maybe he won them himself off-screen since unlike Ash, he could easily sweep 8 gyms quickly with just his Mega and with no distractions in between battles.
    XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Years
  • It depends, remember the Froakie hate? It got the best design(sadly) plus maybe the director knows we are sick of flying types and he doesnt get rowlet, imo I hope he gets both of the cuties

Of the Alola region starters I could see Ash catching, Litten would look like something that would fit him. I'm not sure on a second Alola starter for him because the massively Flying-dominated team in Kalos questions me if Ash deserves Rowlet or not.

For the eventual new female companion she looks likely to get Rowlet or Popplio. If Clemont's Chespin taught us anything, it's not to waste a starter on a secondary male companion who won't do much actively in the cast.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am trying not to get into the Pokemon Alola yet, probably needs a new thread once we get more info on the games.

But I could easily see who ever the female companion is getting a Rowlet. I am still thinking Ash may catch 2 starters. As that seems to be what is next in the pattern as long as they don't break it.

But I am also thinking Ash might get Rowlet because it doesn't seem like he will catch a grass type, unless it is in Lumious City where the Skiddo have been abandoned. But I am not seeing that happening. Especially if Goodra comes back.

Kanto - 3 starters 1 fully evolved.
    Johto - 3 starters 2 evolved once. One was 2 Gens later.
    Hoenn - 1 Starter, it fully evolved.
    Sinnoh - 2 Starters, both fully evolved.
    Unova - 3 starters, 1 evolved once.
    Kalos - 1 Starter 1, fully evolved.
    Alola - 2 Starters, both will fully evolve.

We also have a small patter with 2 of 3 trainers have gotten fire starters, so I think the female might get either water or grass this time. I just hope it full evolves. I still have hopes of Serena's Braxien Evolving near the end, unless she travels with Ash again.

Years
  • I am trying not to get into the Pokemon Alola yet, probably needs a new thread once we get more info on the games.

But I could easily see who ever the female companion is getting a Rowlet. I am still thinking Ash may catch 2 starters. As that seems to be what is next in the pattern as long as they don't break it.

But I am also thinking Ash might get Rowlet because it doesn't seem like he will catch a grass type, unless it is in Lumious City where the Skiddo have been abandoned. But I am not seeing that happening. Especially if Goodra comes back.

Kanto - 3 starters 1 fully evolved.
    Johto - 3 starters 2 evolved once. One was 2 Gens later.
    Hoenn - 1 Starter, it fully evolved.
    Sinnoh - 2 Starters, both fully evolved.
    Unova - 3 starters, 1 evolved once.
    Kalos - 1 Starter 1, fully evolved.
    Alola - 2 Starters, both will fully evolve.

We also have a small patter with 2 of 3 trainers have gotten fire starters, so I think the female might get either water or grass this time. I just hope it full evolves. I still have hopes of Serena's Braxien Evolving near the end, unless she travels with Ash again.

It is an interesting pattern we've had with Ash's starters as you pointed out. I could easily see Ash catching Litten in Alola. Rowlet is one I'm kinda debating on since it could suit Ash due to the fact he caught no Grass-type in Kalos, and Rowlet could also finally break his regional bird streak. Popplio I'm also debating because I can't view it as an Ash Pokemon and both it and Rowlet are what I'm expecting for the SM girl.

Also, if Serena was a May rehash due to both getting their region's Fire starters, maybe the SM girl could be a rehash of Dawn and get the Water starter (Popplio).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash will ether bring back Goodra and catch another pokemon right before the league.
    Anyway , I think It would be cool if Goodra learn Thunder and combine it with Rain Dance .
    But Goodra also need a Physical attack like Power Whip.

There is chance that Ash might catch a Alola pokemon that will be reveal in the June 2 announcement.
    Suppose , Ash finally catch a Dunspree that evolve into Alola pokemon during Kalos League

Years
  • Ash will ether bring back Goodra and catch another pokemon right before the league.
    Anyway , I think It would be cool if Goodra learn Thunder and combine it with Rain Dance .
    But Goodra also need a Physical attack like Power Whip.

There is chance that Ash might catch a Alola pokemon that will be reveal in the June 2 announcement.
    Suppose , Ash finally catch a Dunspree that evolve into Alola pokemon during Kalos League

The only issue is we don't know what will be showcased in the announcement at this stage. It could be the reveal of a new Pokemon but I'm betting it'll be more info on the legendaries.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I highly doubt Ash is going to capture an Alola Pokemon. The movie's page revealed he hasn't caught anything new during it, and if that's anything to go by, he won't be getting anything before then.

Years
  • I highly doubt Ash is going to capture an Alola Pokemon. The movie's page revealed he hasn't caught anything new during it, and if that's anything to go by, he won't be getting anything before then.

I can agree with this. I can't see him catching an Alola Pokemon until the SM saga itself since it's usual that he catches a new generation Pokemon in the region of that new generation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Chances are we might see a Alola Pokemon before we actually get to Sun/Moon, just like there is always a region Pokemon before the region itself (Togepi, Blaziken, Gogoat, etc). However, the chances of it being Ash's will be very low. Instead it'll probably just get Ash interested in the Alola region.

Years
  • Chances are we might see a Alola Pokemon before we actually get to Sun/Moon, just like there is always a region Pokemon before the region itself (Togepi, Blaziken, Gogoat, etc). However, the chances of it being Ash's will be very low. Instead it'll probably just get Ash interested in the Alola region.

This is what I believe as well. While we usually get a cameo of new Pokemon before the new generation's saga begins, it's usually been tradition that Ash doesn't catch Pokemon from a new generation until its corresponding anime saga starts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The only issue is we don't know what will be showcased in the announcement at this stage. It could be the reveal of a new Pokemon but I'm betting it'll be more info on the legendaries.

Which mean it still has 50/50 chance of new pokemon.
    Specially since the Anime wants to hype us with Ash's upcoming 6th pokemon.

If Goodra doesn't return then I hope it replace Bide with an Attack that can reach that maximum force of Bide.
    This is the Maximum force of Bide --

https://gfycat.com/TightShyHarrierhawk

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • This anime is so boring. I've only watched like the first 5 or so episodes, and that was over a year ago, then I never got back on it. I've seen synopsis's and kept track of who catches what Pokemon (as that's all I care about) but it's just boring and dull. I've kind of given up in the anime at this point. I actually really liked the B&W anime (lol hate me idc), Sinnoh was definitely the best, tho.
    Maybe if I watch X&Y more I'll like it, but it just looks crappy. I don't even care about S&M anime at this point - all I want out of the anime is for Ash and co. + Team Rocket to regularly catch/evolve Pokemon, but it looks like that ship has long sailed (which sucks because the start of X&Y has a lot of potential). Hopefully the S&M anime fixes this, but like I said, at this point I really couldn't care less.

Back