• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    So Goodra needs to comeback to be Ash's sixth, He needs a Defense player, and Goodra's Bide has been very well advertised. It would be neat if it showed up with an egg to give to Serena. She needs an odd pokemon.

Team Flare story will probably be a filler story until Alola comes into play. It will probably set the characters into their new roles and good byes happen.

Years
  • So Goodra needs to comeback to be Ash's sixth, He needs a Defense player, and Goodra's Bide has been very well advertised. It would be neat if it showed up with an egg to give to Serena. She needs an odd pokemon.

I agree that Ash could use a defensive Pokemon. However, I don't see why Goodra would show up with an egg, nor why Serena would even need a new Pokemon given that she's 99.9% likely to leave in a few months, and it's not like she'll do much until then anyway imo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Dawn got her egg when SoulSilver came out.. And it could provide intrigue to bring her cameo into Alola and show what is going on in her journey with that Pokemon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • An egg right before the league...? Ash's team would be kinda... weak, for that to happen. (And besides, Goodra already found an egg at one point, why would that happen a second time?) Guess we'll have to see how July plays out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • An egg right before the league...? Ash's team would be kinda... weak, for that to happen. (And besides, Goodra already found an egg at one point, why would that happen a second time?) Guess we'll have to see how July plays out.

It isn't impossible for there to be 2 eggs. But I only see it happening if Serena goes to Alola with Ash. Dawn got her egg near the end of the Sinnoh and May got her Eevee Egg during the Battle Frontier. I think it is a little late to give someone an egg unless they go on to the next region.

Also it was Hawlucha who found Noibat's egg. Goodra had already been released.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Today's episode aired with no sign of goodra. I really wonder why they are hiding the sixth slot so much. Is he catching something or bringing back pokemon?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well he still has no major battles unless he has one in the next episode. There are a number of people I do not remember in the anime. One apparently wants to defeat Ash without even knowing him.

It looks like Ash is going to have a battle or 2 in the first episode, so they are definitely speeding up the league it would seem.

I also don't understand why they seem to be hiding his 6th pokemon so much. With the league starting in the next episode, I very seriously doubt he will catch a new one.

Years
  • Well he still has no major battles unless he has one in the next episode. There are a number of people I do not remember in the anime. One apparently wants to defeat Ash without even knowing him.

It looks like Ash is going to have a battle or 2 in the first episode, so they are definitely speeding up the league it would seem.

I also don't understand why they seem to be hiding his 6th pokemon so much. With the league starting in the next episode, I very seriously doubt he will catch a new one.

The writers being secretive about Ash's sixth Pokemon is really what's baffling me at the moment. Ash will know that he'll need a full team for the league at a certain point since as you progress you do have to start using a full team. The fact the league is getting rushed is also annoying me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have to agree. I don't understand why they are keeping it so tight underwraps. If it is Goodra, it wouldn't be a major surprise. As it just reappeared in an episode.

They said he had to 'look' for his 6th pokemon and his ultimate team would be complete. The only one I can see that making sense with is Goodra or Charizard. But we already have both charizards in the league. The only way I can see Ash bringing Charizard back is if they throw a massive curve ball at us and make a Charizard Z after all, which I am really not expecting

Another pokemon could be Zygarde, but then what the hell lol. It would be hilarious if Zygarde helped Ash though. But I really doubt that is going to happen.

The only others I can see that might be a surprise is a Pyroar after it evolved for the Litleo from that one episode with Ash. Primeape, which would be totally random. But I don't see either of those making the ultimate team.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • The Pokemon league since Pokemon creation should be 15-20 episode (might be pushing it) to give it a chance for ash to mix and match all of his Pokemon through the years but I find it disrespectful watching 200+ episodes to get to a point then it be like 4 episodes ash loses repeat but you imagine ash 6th is a secret Pokemon he caught off screen something powerful too which acts like a secret weapon , if love the cast to be like yeah ash had it the whole time but it hates being out his pokeball or something

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The Pokemon league since Pokemon creation should be 15-20 episode (might be pushing it) to give it a chance for ash to mix and match all of his Pokemon through the years but I find it disrespectful watching 200+ episodes to get to a point then it be like 4 episodes ash loses repeat but you imagine ash 6th is a secret Pokemon he caught off screen something powerful too which acts like a secret weapon , if love the cast to be like yeah ash had it the whole time but it hates being out his pokeball or something

It isn't going to be 15 episodes. Sinnoh was only 10 and I think Unova was even shorter. I can't remember the ones before that.

Not only that, but one of the battles with Sawyer vs Tierno is supposed to be a battle to get into the semi finals. And that is in 2 episodes. We have a week break this coming week and the the Alain vs Trevor and then Sawyer vs Tierno.

I highly doubt they are gonna pull a manga thing with Ash having a Pokemon that no one knew about.

Years
  • It isn't going to be 15 episodes. Sinnoh was only 10 and I think Unova was even shorter. I can't remember the ones before that.

Not only that, but one of the battles with Sawyer vs Tierno is supposed to be a battle to get into the semi finals. And that is in 2 episodes. We have a week break this coming week and the the Alain vs Trevor and then Sawyer vs Tierno.

I highly doubt they are gonna pull a manga thing with Ash having a Pokemon that no one knew about.

Given the fact at how fast they're pacing this league, I feel that it's been rushed and that's now the big disappointment I have with XY.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think it's being rushed so Team Flare has a massive arc that sets up zygarde's role in Sun and Moon..

And Ash using zygarde in the league would be hilarious.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I think it's being rushed so Team Flare has a massive arc that sets up zygarde's role in Sun and Moon..

And Ash using zygarde in the league would be hilarious.

Ash using the Zygarde core would indeed be hilarious, but unlikely. But I'd love to hear Ash say, "Squishy, I choose you!" That'd give me the giggles. Wouldn't put it past Ash to "borrow" Squishy for the league, though, if he doesn't get his sixth Pokemon or Goodra before League.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ash using the Zygarde core would indeed be hilarious, but unlikely. But I'd love to hear Ash say, "Squishy, I choose you!" That'd give me the giggles. Wouldn't put it past Ash to "borrow" Squishy for the league, though, if he doesn't get his sixth Pokemon or Goodra before League.

Just imagine though.

Final round Ash is on the ropes. Sends out squisshy. Everyone laughs. It becomes Zygarde complete and obliterates the stadium.

Everyone's just silent.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Lol. But yeah, that is why I am thinking that Team Flare and Team Rocket may return in Sun and Moon. Especially if Zygarde is a major player in it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    I kinda hope for a few more legendaries for sun/moon. I kinda liked the legendaries that showed up in the actual anime in Best Wishes, such as Meloetta, the genies, etc.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
  • Since it will probably be a Unova thigh and go way past the league, I am hoping he gets a **Thinks of Kalos Pokemon** Kelfki! It would be awesome, A steel and fairy type, two types he hasn't caught before.

Back