• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Maybe creepy and mysterious Lillie will make an appearance at the league. It will foreshadow the evil team in new region.. And I see her having a snooty pokemon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also don't see Ash catching an Alola pokemon before he actually goes there, which is the main reason I am trying to avoid talking about them

However, I can see if catching a Pokemon that may evolve in the next region, similar to Aipom, but I am thinking it is a little late for that.

I am doubting Lillie will make an appearance, the anime is usually pretty good at keeping personalities of characters, unless they travel with him.

And honestly, I am not 100% sure how you can say XY is boring. It is a lot better than Sinnoh. Especially XYZ. The start of XY is very very slow, but it gets a lot better after the 2nd Gym. Sinnoh was a massive filer saga that lasted for 5 years and most of the fillers were boring and almost killed my love of pokemon. XY actually had enjoyable filler episodes. However, this isn't the place for that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • And honestly, I am not 100% sure how you can say XY is boring. It is a lot better than Sinnoh. Especially XYZ. The start of XY is very very slow, but it gets a lot better after the 2nd Gym.

I know the non-Japanese audience praises the XYZ saga well, given the low ratings are implying that the Japanese audience is bored with the Pokemon anime and is facing huge competition. The anime doesn't have as big of competitors in the US so I can see why the saga is getting liked by fans over there.

I felt like XY was a saga that started slow and started to get good midway, and Serena slowly discovering her goal was part of that.

Also, like you said I can't imagine an Aipom situation of Ash catching a Pokemon that gains an evolution in the new generation. It's getting too close to the end of XY at this rate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    I think some people gave up on XY too early because it was too slow. But that's just my opinion. I really enjoy XY myself but I believe it has few flaws all the same like with every generation.

But hey let's keep in mind that he'll likely get Rotomdex next generation! :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think some people gave up on XY too early because it was too slow. But that's just my opinion. I really enjoy XY myself but I believe it has few flaws all the same like with every generation.

But hey let's keep in mind that he'll likely get Rotomdex next generation! :D

Yeah. I really wonder how they are going to do that in the anime. Like will Rotom be Ash's? I know Prof. Oak caught a Rotom, but I am not sure he would give it to Ash, but I could be wrong.

It will be really interesting how they handle this.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yeah. I really wonder how they are going to do that in the anime. Like will Rotom be Ash's? I know Prof. Oak caught a Rotom, but I am not sure he would give it to Ash, but I could be wrong.

It will be really interesting how they handle this.

Imagine XYZ is actually the end of the anime with Ash in it. He wins Kalos league becomes champion. Origins writers takeover and make a brand new anime about the Sun and Moon protags. Only airs on Toonami in America so it has a maturer theme.

What would your thoughts be on this? I don't see Rotom joining Ash, or he getting one, and the rottom dex could end up weird in the anime. Granted I still think it be cool and could happen but who knows.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Imagine XYZ is actually the end of the anime with Ash in it. He wins Kalos league becomes champion. Origins writers takeover and make a brand new anime about the Sun and Moon protags. Only airs on Toonami in America so it has a maturer theme.

What would your thoughts be on this? I don't see Rotom joining Ash, or he getting one, and the rottom dex could end up weird in the anime. Granted I still think it be cool and could happen but who knows.

Honestly, I would love it. Like I said, I wouldn't mind too much if Ash was replaced, especially if they made an anime based of the Manga. But if they were to do something like Origins, I hope to god they spread it out more. And I also liked the manga way better. Other than the Emerald Saga, which was badass near the end, but pretty annoying for the most part.

I think if they do this though, they need to stick with it. Yugioh GX was amazing, but once 5Ds came along, it just got annoying to follow. And I would prefer to stay in the Anime World.

I guess next week we find out if Goodra returns, which I am almost certain it will.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Until they made a different Pokedex for Ash (which I guess I wouldn't be surprised) I think he'll be getting Rotomdex. I'll be super dissapointed if he doesn't. As mentioned, Oak does have a Rotom so it's not as if it'll be completely out of nowhere anime-wise.

I also have reason to believe that Goodra will be coming back. Mainly because that'll be easier for them to do than him catching a sixth Pokemon and that Pokemon getting no development before the league.

Years
  • I knew Goodra was going to be the sixth Pokemon for Ash's league team, because it was already confirmed he would only be using his Kalos team and he needed Goodra back so that he can have a full team when he reaches the 6-on-6 rounds.

Years
  • i saw todays episode
    it doesn't look like goodra will be returning

now there is inly one episode before the league
    will ash catch something in the next episode?

Years
  • i saw todays episode
    it doesn't look like goodra will be returning

now there is inly one episode before the league
    will ash catch something in the next episode?

The issue is that if Goodra isn't coming with Ash to the league the only other option is for Ash to catch a new team member who will get absolutely no development and will feel like it's been shoehorned into the team for the sole purpose of allowing Ash to compete in the full battle rounds since a trainer needs 6 Pokemon for that stage. Using reserves would have also been an option had it not already been confirmed that Ash won't be using his older Pokemon.

Goodra could still show up at the league as a surprise though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Where was it confirmed Ash would only be using his Kalos Pokemon? They only have to register for each battle. Not the whole League. Otherwise he would have had to brought all of his pokemon in the first episode of Sinnoh and he only brought 5 of his old pokemon in the first episode.

s far as I can tell and Ash has no battles in the known episode titles.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Everything I've seen says Goodra has come back. It appears to be set to join him for the league. Also ash is suppose to have one battle the league, but we don't know against who.

Also Alain has apparently been getting badges as he wants to fight Ash in the League.

Years
  • Goodra joining Ash's team in today's episode was never going to happen imo since we knew that Goodra couldn't be on Ash's team till late July at the soonest due to the film. Oh and lookie here, Ash didn't catch Carbink. As expected since there were zero hints of a capture to begin with.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • It seems to me that the allegedly released Kalos Pokémon will be returning as the 6th... Goodra might be in the same situation as Squirtle (only to lead his friends but can be used), not Lapras...

Other reserves doesn't seem to fit for a battle against Sawyer and even against the series' main rival, Alain, unless another "Tobias" appears...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    if Ash doesn't get Litten then he should get Iwanko

Spoiler:

Specially since Iwanko greet people by pressing the rock attached to its neck against them which is painful for recipient.
    It could be great running gag for the series ! Also , If Iwanko evolve into a huge bog then there could be a running gag of him greeting people by biting their head.
    Plus, I'm interest in his secret.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • So... with Goodra not coming back, I'm still up for Ash bringing back either Gible or Scraggy and evolving them. Guess we'll see when the op updates in July.

I'm going to refrain from making any Sun/Moon Pokemon speculations. This is XYZ...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So... with Goodra not coming back, I'm still up for Ash bringing back either Gible or Scraggy and evolving them. Guess we'll see when the op updates in July.

I'm going to refrain from making any Sun/Moon Pokemon speculations. This is XYZ...

It hasn't been confirmed if Goodra is coming back or not. He may have not brought it right away, but non of the episode for the remaining part of the month has one of Ash's battles in it as far as we know.

Goodra could come in right before his battle, similar to how Charizard was handled. Also, the OP has already changed and nothing has changed other the last 10 seconds or so which is nothign but Zygarde fighting 2 flying machines, possibly a corrupt Zygarde and Bonnie. Ash team hasn't changed in the opening. And the League isn't even seen.

Back