• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm thinking of joining Team Marshmallow, because I use to like eating hot dogs until I learned that they cause cancer, and I really don't want to die from any type of cancer. Now I fear for the health of the players who joined Team Hot Dog.

Years
I think a better sugary campfire snack would have s'mores, but roasted marshmallows are still quite tasty.
Plus, pink is the better team color. :p I can't tell which team will be more popular.
Europe's Splatfest is apparently North Pole vs South Pole? So... Santa vs Penguins? xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I bought this online recently. It should arrive soon. Any tips that might help me out since I'm starting late?

I recommend trying out single player first, as it teaches you tips and skills that would help you during turf wars. If there's a weapon you like to try out but unsure if you're good with it, be sure to test it out at the training room. The clothes you wear will give you certain stat increases and/or abilities, so be sure if there's any that suits your taste.

You guys still remember the Ika Musume crossover promotion? Well here it is:

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
i saw this outfit yesterday too;
splatoon_sushi_chef_costume_inklink_girl_boy-700x394.jpg

i wonder if these will be part of the update.

Yep, both outfits will be part of the update, including the Ika Musume costume, which is confirmed to be released in North America. I'm surprised that none of the game websites I go to have ever mentioned it, especially when the owner of one of those sites is an anime fan.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Who's excited for the update tonight?

Azelfino

Willpower
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
I'm still on the fence about buying Splatoon, it looks really interesting and I really want to try it but for some reason I just can't seem to make up my mind!

Years
Well, I severely underestimated myself I guess. I assumed I wouldn't do very good for a while but I've actually been playing amazingly considering I'd only played a 3-4 minute tutorial. Even my first match went really well and I wasn't even sure what kind of strategy to use. I love the bubble, it's like a get out of a bad situation card or an easy way to trick someone into thinking they can kill you, then bam, they're dead.

Splatoon is fun. Kelp Dome is great.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
New level up system is...okay. I'm not a huge fan of it really but a challenge is a challenge. Can't wait to get to 50.

Here is something for you to note; if you are under level 20 still, you do not get the new leveling system at all til you hit level 20. Its still a huge EXP grind for me and now with teams just spamming the bucket. I am starting to really dislike it.

Don't get me wrong, the update is fine. All the new items, the amiibo items are now shop-buyable, the heavy splating is amazing. And Urchin Underpass, my favorite map got an overhaul, but I still miss the old one. :(

Today though, I was able to get the complete Squid Girl set and the Heavy Splating and welp... its fun.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I love everything about this update, it's amazing!! The new weapons are my favorite!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Word of advice: do not use the Slosher over a long period of time, or else your index finger will feel really sore after constantly pressing the ZR button.

I'm going to get the update soon. but what did they do to Urchin Underpass?

They widen the narrow corridors, so players can easily get around easily, relocated the two trees at the center of the map, removed a few walls, and added new ramps and blocks.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Wow, I'm an idiot. I've been frustrated with this game since the update since I haven't been able to find the Squid Girl stuff, and only a minute ago did I remember you can order stuff off of people.

Back