• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Lovely new ground you got there, Rayquaza.!
It blends really nicely colorwise with the rest of your tiles. It makes for a really vivid and beautiful view!

Just something I noticed though: you have no shading/fading on the bottom of the mountain tiles. It looks too "sharp" imho. Add some shading and I think it'd look a little better! :)

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Lovely new ground you got there, Rayquaza.!
It blends really nicely colorwise with the rest of your tiles. It makes for a really vivid and beautiful view!

Just something I noticed though: you have no shading/fading on the bottom of the mountain tiles. It looks too "sharp" imho. Add some shading and I think it'd look a little better! :)

Thanks. You mean like this?

Spoiler:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I think it's time I showcased these; they've been on my Photobucket account for about two days and submitted them to my DeviantArt this morning (UK time).

More information here on my DeviantArt

Spoiler:

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the dual screen.
The menus look promising, but how is the UI? It could be potentially awesome, or just terrible.
It looks pretty good, I'll look into this more, but your work has potential. I also really like the battle design, it's very good.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Is there a reason you have a button to take you to the party screen when you could just click on the bar that shows the party to take you to it instead? Those colour option buttons are huge and distracting. Shrinking them would give you the ability to show a shoes icon in the Shoes button.

In the battle screen, you don't use the traditional colours for the Bag/Pokémon/Run buttons.

I'm not a fan of such huge GUIs. You're supposed to be focussed on walking around the world, but you've made that only half the screen for some reason.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Spoiler:

Just testing some tiles, for a game I might have coming up soon.

4 things.

1) The flower on the ledge-y bit, is clearly on a lower tile, maybe edit the tileset and make a new flower with only one daisy or whatever that is.
2) The house looks nice, I like that, don't know if you made it or not but still looks nice.
3) Each and ever reverse corner of the path, is missing a tile, as if the gardener took out his Scizzors (get it... Tough crowd lol) and cut those pieces out.
4) The first thing that I noticed and made me think... "Hmm"... Was the bushes, they seem to be in HG/SS coloring, they need more contrast like the other trees and things.

Not bad in my opinion though, I like random ledges in maps, because no area should be flat (or at least seem flat). Well done. 8/10 from me, fix the problems and it's a fine map to release in my opinion.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Making some progress on my game, figured I'd post the screenshots of the current prototype.

Spoiler:

Quick explanation of what's going on: So I didn't want to keep using the Littleroot town map for testing purposes, and it didn't really have enough variety of terrain anyhow. I pretty much threw it out and started focusing first on sprite animations(because I don't like Unity2D's animation system) and from there on making overworld entities. This involved creating a wrapper which would contain simpler functions that could be chained to get more complex behaviors (Think RMXP's system of commands for an event). The sprite of Red and the Biker dude off in the distance in the final screenshot are really there as placeholder NPCs so that my team can see all the different functions for overworld entities present in the current prototype build.

At this point, sprite animations are working decently well - I've made a system where a spritesheet's animations can be named and then referred to by name ("Walk Left", "Idle", etc), have its number of frames defined(for example, a Pokemon game doesn't have idle animations for normal characters, so their idle animation could be set to 1 frame), and it can also be defined how long (in seconds) an animation takes to complete. Animations can be switched on the fly(for instance, if I need a character to suddenly face a different direction), and at this point, the only limitation is a deliberate design choice - the function to set which frame is currently visible is a private one, meaning that the only way to access a frame from the middle of an animation is to be playing that animation. If I needed it to freeze on a frame(for instance, if you're crossing a patch of ice in Pokemon), there is a pause function which freezes the frame counter until the animation is unpaused. Fun stuff.

As for what's going on with overworld entities: So at this point, each character on-screen has the same functionality as an overworld entity. All overworld entities can do the same stuff: Jump, Face a direction(4-directional now. My artist Joey and I have talked about 8-directional but haven't made a concrete decision. It's doable, but it'd double the amount of art he has to produce), Move a direction, Jump(given a height), move forward(just whatever direction the entity is currently facing), and face a given point.

What's the use of breaking these functions up so much instead of whipping up a whole script for whatever individual purpose? This modular system is mainly to prevent code reuse, which, let me tell you, is prone to a LOT of errors. Let's say I wanted caterpillar-style movement(picture the Pokemon following you in HG/SS). In order to make that happen, all I have to do is create a new script which attaches to the overworld entity's game object. The script asks what game object it's supposed to follow, and then moves forward every frame. Every so often, it checks what direction the target object is in, and if necessary changes the direction. Additionally, it doesn't have to be a moving object. I've also used this for waypoint-based movement for NPCs, in which I define the corners of a polygonal trail for the character to walk in, and then they follow that trail indefinitely, and also have considered using it for cutscene purposes. Another good use for this modular functionality? I can have a character consistently face the player(like a Pokemon trainer encounter in the overworld when you're trying to run past).

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
Now that the Dual Menu is properly integrated into the game I can now post the screens. Credit to Luka S.J for his fantastic scripting.

Spoiler:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Now that the Dual Menu is properly integrated into the game I can now post the screens. Credit to Luka S.J for his fantastic scripting.

Spoiler:

The dual screens look great, it is really going to give your game a unique feel. I really like the title screen. By any chance is that script public?

Florio

Years
mockup_by_mustafa505-d7yo3fr.png

I posted this on my project thread before, thought i should post here to get some feed back.​

I'm assuming you are showing off the battle background? It looks really nice, I like it. I'm also assuming you are using the dual screen system since I see no battle text.

Rayquaza.

Years
So I've been doing more graphics and tampering with scripts to get the summary screen the way I want it and I'm about 90% (give or take) of the way there:

brand__new_summary_screen_by_rayquaza_dot-d83zymu.png

For more information click here.

Florio

Years
So I've been doing more graphics and tampering with scripts to get the summary screen the way I want it and I'm about 90% (give or take) of the way there:

brand__new_summary_screen_by_rayquaza_dot-d83zymu.png

For more information click here.

It looks good. For some reason, I think it would look better if the bottom half had a different background instead of the checkerboard. Maybe a nice simple white background? Or maybe just a White box around the Pokemon icons. But yeah, a little too much checkerboard imo.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
Spoiler:

HEy what do you tink about this battle screen?
it is not 100% finish,but i wanted to upload something.
don't use this.
=)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:

HEy what do you tink about this battle screen?
it is not 100% finish,but i wanted to upload something.
don't use this.
=)

The background and bases aren't good. They're too sleek, it clashes with the 2x2 pixels of the pokemon. The names are slightly off from the little bar it's supposed to sit on. Finally, I would have used a different pokemon instead of Chansey so you could show off what different typed moves look like in the battle menu, and show if they look different from each other or if they don't. Aslo, the lue color makes it hard to see what they health is.
I'd also like to mention chansey is sitting too low on the screen, iunno if that's something you're fixing or what.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Screenshots on Zela Route 6, which has been updated a bit since the map I posted yesterday. Your favorite Trick Master from the Hoenn Region is back! Explore his unique house to solve puzzles and earn some special prizes. The bike road passes over Route 6, which is full of "garden" pokemon such as Roselia and Swablu!

route_6_screens_by_rayd12smitty-d8488c4.png

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Screenshots on Zela Route 6, which has been updated a bit since the map I posted yesterday. Your favorite Trick Master from the Hoenn Region is back! Explore his unique house to solve puzzles and earn some special prizes. The bike road passes over Route 6, which is full of "garden" pokemon such as Roselia and Swablu!

route_6_screens_by_rayd12smitty-d8488c4.png

It looks really great, curious what tricks will be there :D Great Work.

A little screen from route 111 in my game.

route_111_by_venom12314-d8492y2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back