• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
If a list is put together by a group of people, like most of the 4chan ones are, then there is no real problem with them. They are a pretty handy tool for newcomers to anime.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
They do take quality into account.

Otherwise Yu-Gi-Oh! would be on the list.
Oh, well then that's rather unfortunate. Especially considering Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original, specifically, prior to the Duel Monsters entries) was the original NGNL with less bloom and better characters (which isn't saying much).

Though it may not take anime quality into account. Shows Like Danball Senki and Yu-Gi-Oh! aren't on the list because they don't cater to the specified demographic, so it makes sense that they'd be absent.

Sir Codin

Oh, well then that's rather unfortunate. Especially considering Yu-Gi-Oh! (the original, specifically, prior to the Duel Monsters entries) was the original NGNL with less bloom and better characters (which isn't saying much).

Though it may not take anime quality into account. Shows Like Danball Senki and Yu-Gi-Oh! aren't on the list because they don't cater to the specified demographic, so it makes sense that they'd be absent.
You know, if you think most of the anime on that list is shit, just come out and say it instead of pussyfooting around it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You know, if you think most of the anime on that list is crap, just come out and say it instead of pussyfooting around it.
It takes alot for an anime to be shit, and the only anime on that list that pop out at me that I don't like are No Game No Life, SAO, and Kantai Collection. They're mediocre, but I'd only call them shit for hyperbolic comedy.

However, the only reason I'm bringing up this quality business is because of No Game No Life, since I don't feel it belongs there despite it fitting the criteria. But quite a few anime I like (FMA, TTGL, Slayers, and Touhou on certain days of the week, among others) are on that list. I'm not knocking the list itself, just questioning an entry.

Sir Codin

Okay, I understand, sorry for lashing out at you, mach. However, I personally think NGNL fits as I personally enjoy it, but that's just me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

....well, since this is tabletop game related stuff we're talking about, that might not be an appropo phrase, considering in Dungeon & Dragons, Beholders view themselves as the most perfect beings and everything else as inferior to them, even other beholders.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
How about we stop acting like our anime preferences are the bible and anyone who disagrees is a blasphemer.
I don't really see that happening anywhere. I'm not saying "I don't like NGNL, therefore it's objectively bad", but if NGNL can be on the list, why aren't many of the other anime that fit the criteria? You'd think something like original Yu-Gi-Oh! (with its mind games and demonic, morally imbalanced protagonist) or Ergo Proxy would make the list, among others.

And the reason I bring this into question is because the list has been around for quite a while- 2 years and counting. It just seems odd that the list isn't at least moderately larger than it currently is. Taking what WN said into account, which does seem to be the case to some extent, the list really seems to be something of a newcomers guide in its current state.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I don't really see that happening anywhere. I'm not saying "I don't like NGNL, therefore it's objectively bad", but if NGNL can be on the list, why aren't many of the other anime that fit the criteria? After all, it's not a list of game-related anime, it's a collection of rather specific ones. You'd think something like original Yu-Gi-Oh! (with its mind games and demonic, morally imbalanced protagonist) or Ergo Proxy would make the list, among others.

And the reason I bring this into question is because the list has been around for quite a while- 2 years and counting. It just seems odd that the list isn't at least moderately larger than it currently is. Taking what WN said into account, which does seem to be the case to some extent, the list really seems to be something of a newcomers guide in its current state.

My comment wasn't directed towards you, what you said was perfectly fair imo.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I guess whoever feels like it might apply to them could take it as such. If not, I guess we're all innocent of acting that way, huh?

Anyway, can't wait till tomorrow, I get to catch up on my shows from this week. Finallyyyyyy I've looked forward to Death Parade and Durarara all week aaa.

Sir Codin

I don't really see that happening anywhere. I'm not saying "I don't like NGNL, therefore it's objectively bad", but if NGNL can be on the list, why aren't many of the other anime that fit the criteria? You'd think something like original Yu-Gi-Oh! (with its mind games and demonic, morally imbalanced protagonist) or Ergo Proxy would make the list, among others.
You know, come to think of it, I have been wondering myself why YGO hasn't made the list, considering how popular the card game is and that 1d4chan even has a page about the collectible card game.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
There are games about almost everything so you could pretty much list any anime in this list. Apart from that the only thing that felt weird was the fact it included Saku but not Akagi. Or maybe little lesbian girls with superpowers playing mahjong is more appealing than grown men with pointy chins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back