• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Update #2: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

I left off on Route 40 and got a lot accomplishedc in one day. The first thing that we did was finish off the Trainer's on Route 40 and then went and beat both Eusine and Chuck in Cianwood City and then we got the secretpotion from the doctor. Aero flew us back to Olivine City where we fought and beat all of the trainers in the Lighthouse and Aero evolved from a Vibrava into a Flygon and he learnt Dragon Claw upon evolving which replaced Quick Attack. We also gave the secretpotion to the Ampharos and the fought Jasmine for our sixth badge. After that we flew back to Mahogany Town, went to the Lake of Rage and caught the Shiny Gyrados, completly destroyed the Team Rocket Hideout and then beat Pryce for our seventh badge. After Pryce we decided to go East to get out final Gym Badge in Blackthorn City but first we took care of Team Rocket, yet again, in Goldenrod City and saved the President. We then went back to Mahoganey Town to pass through the Ice Path and we got the HM for Waterfall. We then arrived in Blackthron City and Aero couldn't have been happier finally seeing other Dragon type Pokemon and as expected the eigth Gym was a breeze given Flygon's Dragon typing, Dragon Claw and that he was 16 levels about Claire's ace Kindgra. Claire then decided to be stubborn and not give us the badge so we went to the Drago Shrine and spoke to her grandfather who gave us an Extremespeed Dratini and then Claire gave us our eigth Johto badge as well as Dragon Pulse which Aero didn't want to learn. After that, Aero and I decided to head home and speak to Professor Elm and he gave us the Masterball and told us to go see (read fight and oneshot) the Kimono Girls. After that Aero and I flew back to New Bark Town and Surfed east towards Route 27 which also marked our first steps in the Kanto region. We then travelled and battled our way up to Victory Road and once inside we fought our rival at the end and beat his team with a combination of Crunch, Dragon Claw and Fly. Once through Victory Road we were inside the Indigo Plateau ready and eager to face the Elite Four.

Here is the breakdown of the Elite Four:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Aero the Adamant Flygon (M) @ Lv.65
    Ability: Levitate
    Fly
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

HM the Wooper(M) @ Level 6

Surf
    Whirlpool
    Headbutt
    Rock Smash

HM the Bellsprout (M) @ Level 6

Cut
    Flash

Shuckie the Shuckle @ Level 20 (from Cianwood City)

Strength

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    Username: Aldeza
    Partner Pokemon: Kabutops
    Challenge: Single
    Game(s): Heart Gold

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    Username: Aldeza
    Partner Pokemon: Kabutops
    Game(s): Heart Gold

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Hey, I wanted to start another ultimate run soon, however, I kind of ran into a predicament. I want to do a run with my favorite legendary Pokemon, Mewtwo. This could work up to generation 5, however, I fail to see how it would be possible without extreme annoyance in X/Y. Would someone with any experience with hacking or cheating in those games give me some knowledge on how I could get a controllable Mewtwo in that game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I'm glad to see that I've finally been entered into the first post! That must have been a pain.

Also, I'm sorry that I don't follow the sign up rules, I typically do the run, then post about it.

Latest run: https://imgur.com/a/tULbc

Wigglytuff: Randomized Emerald

Years
  • Update #2: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

I left off on Route 40 and got a lot accomplishedc in one day. The first thing that we did was finish off the Trainer's on Route 40 and then went and beat both Eusine and Chuck in Cianwood City and then we got the secretpotion from the doctor. Aero flew us back to Olivine City where we fought and beat all of the trainers in the Lighthouse and Aero evolved from a Vibrava into a Flygon and he learnt Dragon Claw upon evolving which replaced Quick Attack. We also gave the secretpotion to the Ampharos and the fought Jasmine for our sixth badge. After that we flew back to Mahogany Town, went to the Lake of Rage and caught the Shiny Gyrados, completly destroyed the Team Rocket Hideout and then beat Pryce for our seventh badge. After Pryce we decided to go East to get out final Gym Badge in Blackthorn City but first we took care of Team Rocket, yet again, in Goldenrod City and saved the President. We then went back to Mahoganey Town to pass through the Ice Path and we got the HM for Waterfall. We then arrived in Blackthron City and Aero couldn't have been happier finally seeing other Dragon type Pokemon and as expected the eigth Gym was a breeze given Flygon's Dragon typing, Dragon Claw and that he was 16 levels about Claire's ace Kindgra. Claire then decided to be stubborn and not give us the badge so we went to the Drago Shrine and spoke to her grandfather who gave us an Extremespeed Dratini and then Claire gave us our eigth Johto badge as well as Dragon Pulse which Aero didn't want to learn. After that, Aero and I decided to head home and speak to Professor Elm and he gave us the Masterball and told us to go see (read fight and oneshot) the Kimono Girls. After that Aero and I flew back to New Bark Town and Surfed east towards Route 27 which also marked our first steps in the Kanto region. We then travelled and battled our way up to Victory Road and once inside we fought our rival at the end and beat his team with a combination of Crunch, Dragon Claw and Fly. Once through Victory Road we were inside the Indigo Plateau ready and eager to face the Elite Four.

Here is the breakdown of the Elite Four:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Final Update: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

In the last update we defeated the Elite Four and set foot in Kanto. Right after I posted that I decided to keep playing and managed to beat both Lt. Surge and Sabrina but decided to put all of the Kanto Gym Leaders in a single update. Ever since I picked up the Amulet Coin, I let Aero hold it so by the time I was ready to rematch the Elite Four I had nearly 500,000 to spend on Items and Poke Balls. Aero was overleveled again and just OHKO'd every single Pokemon unless he he got Intimidated or outsped due to a priority move. I caught an Articuno to use as Blizzard fodder against Red's Lapras and Snorlax and I also taught it Sandstorm to try to get rid of the hail but it kept on fainting before I could use Sandstorm so I just eventually beat Red with Aero even though I had to use about 10 revives to outlast the multiple Blizzards from Lapras, Snorlax and Blastoise. I decided to rematch the Elite Four after beating Red since I never beat him during my only other playthrough of HGSS a few years back. The Elite Four Rematch was also pretty much OHKO after OHKO except for Will's Grumpig which survived a Crunch with a sliver of health left and then used Reflect. So this marks the end of my Solo Flygon run on Soul Silver and it has been a blast.

Next up is Platinum which I'll probably start at some point next week.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Aero the Adamant Flygon (M) @ Lv.98 (Was Level 92 after the Elite Four Rematch and then I used my 6 Rare Candies)
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Muscle Band
    Fly
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

HM the Wooper(M) @ Level 6

Surf
    Whirlpool
    Headbutt
    Rock Smash

HM the Bellsprout (M) @ Level 6

Cut
    Flash

Shuckie the Shuckle @ Level 20 (from Cianwood City)

Strength

Onix the Onix @ Level 42

Rock Climb

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2016
    Username: Lord Cloud
    Partner Pokemon: Machamp
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Raticate - Leaf Green
    Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Nora the Modest Raticate (F) @ Lv.88
    Ability: Guts
    Return
    Thief
    Thunderbolt
    Hyper Fang

Update #1: Charizard - Black
    As soon as I complete this one (and the Mr.Mime on X) I'll start a Charizard solo on X to complete the list for Charizard.

Screens:

Spoiler:

Team:

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.37
    Ability: Blaze
    Scratch
    Dragon Rage
    Flame Burst
    Wing Attack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Name: ThePokePanda
    Partner: Poliwag
    Game: FireRed

Update #1- Poliwag - FireRed
    Beat Brock The Gym Leader
    View attachment 76093
    Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl
    Beat Misty The Gym Leader
    View attachment 76094

Update #2 - Poliwag - FireRed
    Beat Electric Gym
    View attachment 76103
    Beat Grass Gym
    View attachment 76104
    Beat Poison Gym
    View attachment 76105
    Beat Psychic Gym
    View attachment 76106
    Beat Fire Gym
    View attachment 76107
    Beat Ground Gym
    View attachment 76108

Update Final - Poliwag - FireRed
    Beat Elite Four
    View attachment 76109
    View attachment 76110
    View attachment 76111
    View attachment 76112
    Beat Gary
    View attachment 76113
    Became Champion
    View attachment 76114

Final stats
    View attachment 76117
    Poliwhirl Lvl 75
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves:
    Body Slam
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Water Pulse

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Finished Ultimate Remoraid Challenge! ^^
    Whew, this was pretty interesting. It wasn't easy, but I enjoyed it a lot :). Sometimes it involved lots of grinding (had to get to level 48 to beat Elesa, otherwise her pokemon kept outspeeding me and OHKOing, even with eviolite). Once I had to rebattle Cynthia, because instead of pressing FN + Print Screen after defeating her, I pressed FN + Break, closing emulator {XD} and forcing me to rebattle her. Somehow she was harder next time >.>. So yeah, Hall of Fames and final stats:

Leaf Green:
    Spoiler:

Crystal:
    Spoiler:

Ruby:
    Spoiler:

Platinum:
    Spoiler:

White 2:
    Spoiler:

X:
    Spoiler:

No new ultimate sign-up for now, but I have a few ideas, so I might post one in near time.

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #1: Mr.Mime - X
    The only annoying thing about this solo is the moveset I have right now, everytime I encounter a Dark type Pokémon I have to Double Slap it, and the damage isn't really that great.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Bozo the Gentle Mr.Mime (M) @ Lv.48
    Ability: Soundproof
    Double Slap
    Psybeam
    Psychic
    Reflect

Years
  • Completed Electrode on FR- Can we just talk about how many times can that coconut tree hit sleep powder? It literally stalled me out of all of my pp so I had to relay on luck for Blastoise and Arcanine >_>

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final stats:

Thundaball|Genderless|Gentle Nature|Static|Lvl 74
    Hidden Power [I think that it was steel one but I am not 100% sure]
    Rollout
    Thunderbolt
    Swift

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Charizard - Black
    Charizard is a fun Pokémon to solo with, as always. I'm a bit sad I've almost completed every game with it. Oh, and as usual I'll be doing the Elite Four twice, just to defeat Alder as well.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.73
    Slash
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Air Slash

Next sign-up:
    Username: Hann
    Pokémon: Zapdos
    Game: Red

Years
  • Username: Spartacus
    Partner Pokemon: Walrein
    Game(s): Emerald

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd complete!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #3: Charizard - Black
    I was a bit overleveled, but I couldn't quite remember the rematch levels. The only thing I did remember was Marshall's annoying Sturdy Sawk with Stone Edge, so I had to be a high level just to live one.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.100
    Item: Leftovers
    Slash
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Air Slash

Update #2: Mr.Mime - X
    I couldn't sleep last night and I only had the Elite Four and Champion left. I did have to get Mr. Mime to level 98 before I could defeat Wikstrom. I had to give Mr. Mime a Magnet and in the end I got quite lucky with a crit on the Aegislash. I don't know if it really mattered, but I'm wasn't complaining. (Even after completing the solo I couldn't sleep quite yet, so I checked out a few new friend safari's I got, just to see what kind of Pokémon were in there. I almost woke everyone up when I found a Shiny Electrode on the 3rd encounter :) )

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Bozo the Gentle Mr.Mime (M) @ Lv.100
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Magnet
    Energy Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Dazzling Gleam

Next sign-up:
    Username: Hann
    Pokémon: Charizard
    Challenge: Single (But I do believe I'll have finished every gen with Charizard once I complete this one, so it'll be an ultimate by then, if you want I can link all the Charizard posts once I finish this one)
    Game: X

Years
  • Leaf Green Lugia Solo Run Update One/Final

Spoiler:

Leaf Green done~
    Crystal time!​

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I did a challenge and a solo run sounds fun! Looking forward to getting started ^_^

Username: Andrew
    Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir

Challenge: Ultimate
    Game(s): Fire Red - SoulSilver - Alpha Sapphire - Platinum - Black 2 - Y

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back