• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Souls III

Sir Codin

Okay so I've got something planned I don't know if it's going to be a thing yet but once it's perfected I'm going to bring it down on ganking assholes like it's the wrath of God

Years
  • Okay so I've beaten every boss except for the Nameless King. I'm having a lot of difficulties with him. Anyone have any advice on how I can down him with more ease?

Thing about the Nameless King is that you have to fight veeeery patiently. It's gonna be a lasting fight cause you should take no risks. None. Absolutely none at all. With that said....

Phase 1 is actually not that bad. Only attacks you need to worry about are the fire breath (which you can just roll through) and his thunder charged spear attack which has dumb tracking and has an AOE. Haven't learned how to consistently dodge that, but I assume it's like a last minute roll or something. Depending on your build, if you have the Wolf Knight Greatsword upgraded at all you can use the Stance R2 to do INSANE amounts of damage to the Dragon very quickly and get the riposte.

Phase 2...LOL. Learn his attacks well. Roll everything. Equip a Straight Sword/Katana and just punish his strings. And be VERY careful when he disengages Lock-On. It can be very dangerous. Some of his attacks are kinda easy, and if you can roll behind him when you dodge and force him to turn, it gives you more damage and he attacks a bit less. Just know you're only getting in 1 to 2 swings before you gotta get on the defensive.

Couple things to note:
    -Lightning Bolt needs to be rolled AFTER you see the effect on his weapon
    -Lightning Stomp can actually be rolled through if you're close enough; just roll up to his side
    -Don't even try parrying this guy lmao

Sir Codin

I'm planning on making this thing known as reverse ganking or inverse ganking where I basically summon a bunch of dark spirits or get invaded by a bunch of dark spirits. then I find a way to earn their trust and get a message of my plans across to them then I summon a phantom in the world, most likely a sunbro since I've noticed gankers often use sunbros then I'll lure the Phantom into my Posse of dark spirits and then I let them go to town on him.

My other plan is that if I encounter a ganker and his Phantoms I will throw dung pies at them then black crystal out of the world.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm happy that the series is being put to rest. Dark Souls 3 is fun and all, but I was burned out on the game before I even beat the final boss. I can only hope the DLCs and patches change up the experience drastically because playing through it again is a total chore.

Sir Codin

Okay so I'm basically cancelling The Adventures of sir codin in favor of actually playing the game without having to worry about making commentary that being said my YouTube channel won't be dead instead I'll just post random stupid videos of things that happen to me during the game

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Thing about the Nameless King is that you have to fight veeeery patiently. It's gonna be a lasting fight cause you should take no risks. None. Absolutely none at all. With that said....

Phase 1 is actually not that bad. Only attacks you need to worry about are the fire breath (which you can just roll through) and his thunder charged spear attack which has dumb tracking and has an AOE. Haven't learned how to consistently dodge that, but I assume it's like a last minute roll or something. Depending on your build, if you have the Wolf Knight Greatsword upgraded at all you can use the Stance R2 to do INSANE amounts of damage to the Dragon very quickly and get the riposte.

Phase 2...LOL. Learn his attacks well. Roll everything. Equip a Straight Sword/Katana and just punish his strings. And be VERY careful when he disengages Lock-On. It can be very dangerous. Some of his attacks are kinda easy, and if you can roll behind him when you dodge and force him to turn, it gives you more damage and he attacks a bit less. Just know you're only getting in 1 to 2 swings before you gotta get on the defensive.

Couple things to note:
    -Lightning Bolt needs to be rolled AFTER you see the effect on his weapon
    -Lightning Stomp can actually be rolled through if you're close enough; just roll up to his side
    -Don't even try parrying this guy lmao

Holy shit, what weapon was that?! When you were using the weapon skill it was doing massive amounts of damage to it! :O
    Summons. All the summons. Every summon you can get.

That's what I'm trying to do and then I shit my pants once my summon dies hahaha xD

Sir Codin

Anybody here have PSN? We should co-op or duel sometime. Don't make me join your bank squad, though.

Search Carchar Odin.

Years
  • Holy ****, what weapon was that?! When you were using the weapon skill it was doing massive amounts of damage to it! :O

The Wolf Knight Greatsword. It's an AMAZING weapon in the PvE environment.

Anybody here have PSN? We should co-op or duel sometime. Don't make me join your bank squad, though.

Search Carchar Odin.

Ayyy you did add me! We should play sometimes yo. Feel free to message me on PSN if you see me around, we can do stuff.

S/O to Ellie for being awesome in PvP. Those were some fun duels lmao.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The Wolf Knight Greatsword. It's an AMAZING weapon in the PvE environment.

Ayyy you did add me! We should play sometimes yo. Feel free to message me on PSN if you see me around, we can do stuff.

S/O to Ellie for being awesome in PvP. Those were some fun duels lmao.

Ahhhhh gotcha! How do you get it? Is it by turning in a boss soul?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    For now I'll rate it out of 100, and give it the same score as my average FPS while playing: 5

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    Are you talking about rating Dark Souls 3 that? Why so low?

I don't dislike the game, and that was just my personal rating. I rated it so low because the game is really poorly optimized compared to the other games in the franchise (Dks 1, 2, and SotFS run fine at 60 FPS on my PC), giving me only 5-10 FPS with constant freezes, kicking me back to the title screen and making me play offline every few minutes. The optimization made the game unplayable for people with anything less than a 1-2 grand gaming PC. If you search for it, you'll find a ton of people with the same issues that I do, and I guess that's why I gave it such a low rating. Also, another reason, it feels way too much like Bloodborne with metal armor. Since it uses the same engine, it feels more like Bloodborne 2 than it does Dark Souls 3, which doesn't appeal to me as much. Overall, I'd have to get a better computer to be able to review the game any further, so the poor optimization and graphical style, as well as the first 3-4 bosses are the only experience I have with the game, so I gave it the low score that I feel it has earned so far in my experience. Again, I am going to state that it's my personal score, and I feel like others with better computers or people who like the graphics style will find this game better.

Years
  • Ahhhhh gotcha! How do you get it? Is it by turning in a boss soul?

Yeah, once you beat the Abyss Watchers, you can turn in the soul and get the WKGS. Personally I'd rec the Farron Greatsword if you want to do PVP stuff, but if you don't care about that, the WKGS is a solid choice.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Personally I'd rec the Farron Greatsword if you want to do PVP stuff, but if you don't care about that, the WKGS is a solid choice.

I'd say the Farron Greatsword is the weaker of the two, pvp wise. I mean, my experience with it is tons of people doing literally nothing but spam the fancy spinny move, while people using the wolf sword tend to actually...y'know, fightwith it.

Also,
    >using UGS in pvp

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I'd say the Farron Greatsword is the weaker of the two, pvp wise. I mean, my experience with it is tons of people doing literally nothing but spam the fancy spinny move, while people using the wolf sword tend to actually...y'know, fightwith it.

Also,
    >using UGS in pvp

Totally agree with you on the spamming spinny move from that weapon. I find that a Halbred of some kind works quite well to counteract those PvP users.

Years
  • I'd say the Farron Greatsword is the weaker of the two, pvp wise. I mean, my experience with it is tons of people doing literally nothing but spam the fancy spinny move, while people using the wolf sword tend to actually...y'know, fightwith it.

Also,
    >using UGS in pvp

The thing is that UGSs are better than GSs right now. UGSs have Hyper Armor on attack recovery and deal more damage in terms of stamina usage. Since GSs don't have that and less range than say, Spears, other UGSs, and even some Katanas, UGSs are just a better option.

On the topic of the Farron Greatsword....well you may be right about that. It isn't the FKGS so.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • But with UGS you can just roll behind them and backstab, they are slow as all hell. The better hyper armour and damage to stamina consumption doesn't matter if you can't land a hit.

Back