• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well we already have Greninja, and that does an alright job at being a Water/Dark-type, given it's a ninja Pokémon. And since Dark-types are meant to play with sneaky tactics, that fits what a ninja is meant to be.

And I vote Sharpedo for next PotW.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

• Featured Dark Type Of the Week!

Bisharp, The Sword Blade Pokémon. It leads a group of Pawniard. It battles to become the boss, but will be driven from the group if it loses. Bisharp pursues prey in the company of a large group of Pawniard. Then Bisharp finishes off the prey.This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off.

Majority was bisharp plus it mixes 2 great types!

Here i will go in depth on pics, stats, design, and a lot of other things so take a look!

Arts and design:
    Arts where left out for today cause im busy plus who needs to explain how awesome bisharp looks?

Statistics, Ability, Moveset and Such:
    Spoiler:

Discussion questions:
    1) These are optional discussing other things other than these makes it more fun!
    2) What is your opinion on his overall look?
    3) Would you use him in competitive battling?
    4) Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    5) Did you ever use him in game? What region?
    6) I see most people by past discussions would love to see a mega for him if you didnt partake in that discussion chime in what would it look like? Would you utilize its mega? What stats would be increased and are there any decreased?
    7) Do you see him as a soldier in any way?
    8) Did you notice him and parfum palace and what did you think about his golden statues?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've never used Bisharp due to my lack of Gen V play, but I do like it. It's got a great design, good stats, and a good movepool to take adavntage of them.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I myself have always loved bisharp hes a very cool poke plus i love his typing and on a dark type mono he does great for me especially with that powerful attack stat. His typing is also great to although the 4x fighting weakness he is good at taking out fairies! Anyways time for a new topic oh and remember you guys can start a topic of your own on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays if i dont!

What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution, another evolution or a pre-evolution?

I thought it was pretty fun :) i dont think we did this one yet so discuss away!

Years
  • Hope it's not too late for me to discuss Bisharp; I was going to but last night it was late so I think this will be feasible.

What is your opinion on his overall look?
    Really cool, I like how he's designed a lot although the swords on his thin inner structure are a bit unusual.

Would you use him in competitive battling?
    I don't really battle competitively but maybe, there are a few fights i've seen him in.

Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    I like him. He's flawed for a couple reasons (including taking forever to evolve, not to mention that glaring 4x weakness to Fighting), but he has great Attack and STAB Sucker Punch which can hit pretty hard. Not to mention that sneaky Defiant ability...

Did you ever use him in game? What region?
    Yes, I used it in my Red Mono-Color that I did on Pokémon Y back in April of last year. It came late in the game because I got it in a trade from Snowbelle City for a Jigglypuff, but there were a couple fights there that it helped in, not to mention it gained boosted EXP.

I see most people by past discussions would love to see a mega for him if you didnt partake in that discussion chime in what would it look like? Would you utilize its mega? What stats would be increased and are there any decreased?
    Possibly, if it had more Speed, and maybe some extra (Special) Defense to go alongside it. And ditch some Special Attack, that doesn't serve any purpose.

Do you see him as a soldier in any way?
    Yes, his nature of being a pawn fits that.

Did you notice him and parfum palace and what did you think about his golden statues?
    Yeah, I did notice the golden statues from the Parfum Palace. It kind of made sense when I thought about it, because Bisharp is kind of meant to be a pawn so its representing nobility was a good addition to a royal palace like that.

Dedenne1

Years

• Featured Dark Type Of the Week!

Sharpedo, The Brutal Pokémon. Nicknamed "the bully of the sea," Sharpedo is widely feared. Its cruel fangs grow back immediately if they snap off. Just one of these Pokémon can thoroughly tear apart a supertanker. Sharpedo can swim at speeds of up to 75 mph by jetting seawater out of its backside. This Pokémon's drawback is its inability to swim long distances. Its fangs rip through sheet iron.

We can mix it up with one of the hoenn pokes who just got a new mega!

Here i will go in depth on pics, stats, design, and a lot of other things so take a look!

Arts and design:

Statistics, Ability, Moveset and Such:
    Spoiler:

Mega Evolution Department!

Arts:

Stat Changes:
    Attack: +20=140
    Defense: +30=70
    Special Attack: +15=110
    Special Defense: +25=65
    Speed: +10=105

Ability Changes
    Strong Jaw: Increases the power of biting moves by 50%

+100 total in stat changes. Mainly in attack and defense which makes him able to actually take some hits and one hit KO some pokes.

Recommended Competitive Moveset:
    Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Protect
    - Crunch
    - Hydro Pump/ Waterfall
    - Ice Fang/Zen Headbutt/Skull Bash
    Whichever suits your liking mostly. Its good to use protect if you have speed boost then mega evolve it. Plus crunch is powered up along with ice fang but skull bash is a good substitute for upped defense and such. I would actually recommend him on a double battle team as well.

Discussion questions:
    1) These are optional discussing other things other than these makes it more fun!
    2) What is your opinion on his overall look?
    3) Would you use him in competitive battling?
    4) Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    5) Did you ever use him in game in Hoenn?
    6) Did you like his mega or would you change it in any way?

Also feel free to answer the newest current topic!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • What Dark type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution, another evolution or a pre-evolution?
    I actually think none of them need an extra evolution form. The only Pokémon I think is suitable for an evolution in Sableye, but I got a Mega already, so that won't fit anymore.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Sharpedo is pretty awesome, I used it back in my Ruby days. It's a bit of a glass cannon as it's got terrible defenses, but it's still powerful and gets the job done. I haven't gotten to use Mega Sharpedo due to lack of Alpha Sapphire, but maybe I can acquire one soon.

Somebody trade me one hint hint.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well...i've never used Sharpedo competitively, but I do like its Mega. Its design on its own i'm not too thrilled about but its Mega got a nice boost and looks cooler. I have used it in RSE a few times before, although its lack of Defenses are a bit underwhelming. The Mega Evolution boosted those a bit but it's still not quite formidable with them.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • POTW: Sharpedo
    I have never used Sharpedo, because I mostly play in Gen III, in which it is pretty useless because of the move split. It would probably be of good use in later generation games excelling at both speed and attack.
    Looking at it's design, I think it's good. It's a weird combination a shark and a torpedo, but I like the randomness. But this makes it quite weird looking from the backside, without a tail. I have a Sharpedo Pokémon card on which the artwork falsely shows a tail. I don't know if that's done on purpose.

EDIT: I found an image of the card.
    Spoiler:

Dedenne1

Years
  • Wow all great answers! I myself have never used sharpedo before but i do like its mega plus its great with speed boost which thanks to archer i now plan on using it on showdown ;)
    Anyways i thought we'd skip POTW this week and move on to a different topic :D
    Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Dark types so far?In my opinion i loved the dark types in gen 3 by far the most b/c of absol and sableye thats my pick :)

Years
  • Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Dark types so far?

I have to give it to Generation V - not being a bias here what with it being my favorite generation, but they really had some strong ones in the mix here with Bisharp, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Mandibuzz and Zoroark. All of which are really cool and have their own separate uses. Even if they're not as good now with the Fairy-types being introduced (especially Hydreigon and Scrafty), all of them are still super cool.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Dark types so far?

3rd generation. Absol. Hands Down. I love that Pokemon, also 5th gen with Bisharp.
    Haha yes Absol is amazing and Gen 3 and 5 seem to have the best due to absol and bisharp i also love zoroark and krookodile!
    Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Dark types so far?

I have to give it to Generation V - not being a bias here what with it being my favorite generation, but they really had some strong ones in the mix here with Bisharp, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Mandibuzz and Zoroark. All of which are really cool and have their own separate uses. Even if they're not as good now with the Fairy-types being introduced (especially Hydreigon and Scrafty), all of them are still super cool.

Yes by far The intro of zoroark krookodile and bisharp was amazing the others are not my favs but Mandibuzz is a good battler along with hydreigon being very powerful!

Alright so why dont we make a new topic since this one seems alittle dry:
    If you could have any Dark-type in real life which one would you have and why?
    I like this topic and ill answer first!
    Zoroark! Firstly not only can it make itself look like any pokemon but it can transform into people! How cool is that! Plus its powerful and about as tall or taller than a human and it travels on 2 legs! Plus i kinda wanna feel its coat haha it looks so fluffy and soft!
    Anyways discuss feel free to go into as much or as little detail as possible!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Sorry for the inactivity!
    @Bisharp- Sleek design, extremely reliable in battle and the typing is nice.
    @Gen- Also saying 5; Scrafty alone makes Gen 5 the best for Dark types, Hydreigon is one of my favourites and everything else is all amazing (who doesn't love a trickster leopard, a crocodile with built in shades, a fox that can disguise into anything, a power ranger that also looks like something from Mega Man and a bird with bones).
    @IRL- Definitely Scrafty, I've always wanted a pet lizard + it's my favourite.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • If you could have any Dark-type in real life which one would you have and why?

Houndoom would make a pretty loyal pet and is a great battler, so it has a lot going for it, not to mention that it's a Fire-type so it gets bonus points :P

Honorable mention to Umbreon, who I would probably choose if I was looking strictly for a pet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you could have any Dark-type in real life which one would you have and why?
    I'd have to go with Scrafty on this one.

If Pokémon had existed in real life, I likely would have been a serious battler, more or less (as I find myself battling a lot online competitively), and would be finding myself utilizing Scrafty a lot. Thanks to one of Scrafty's abilities, Moxie, it becomes much, much more easy to take opposing Pokémon down, making things a piece of cake.

Aside from above, another Pokémon I would consider having is Absol. Although it might not have much good battling capabilities, it still has a very nice appearance overall, which is a major reason behind my likeness towards it.

Years
  • If you could have any Dark-type in real life which one would you have and why?

I'd love a Zorua. Cute and badass all in one, and can pretty much pretend to be anything that it's not, making it a great way to fool your friends!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back