• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dat april fools. such disappoint. wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
  • I personally thought this AFD was a nice change of hype. It's good to have something tamed and mellow to balance the craziness of the predecessors. xD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • So Jo was lazy and didn't come up with funny ♥♥♥♥. JOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I really, really like this. Granted, I wasn't here last year to experience the insanity that apparently lerroux was but I honestly think sometimes less is actually more.

And I saw staff's posts in the staff forums about how it was a pain in the arse too, haha. So yeah, this is good enough. I like it. Culture and Media's made me chuckle :p

Edit: One time cynthia punched me in the face and I enjoi'd (gintama joke) it lmfao. You masochists LOL

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's the best april fools.

At least I can deal with this one, past years were so god damn annoying to browse the forum. Last year was absolutely terrible having to click on someone's profile to know who they are. :/

Kudos to staff for keeping it minimal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Try imagining what the mods had to go through, cleaning that mess up, especially after the warm reception it got.

Yeah. Bleeding sarcasm intended.

Meh I was a mod at the time and it wasn't annoying to clean up at all. It was fairly self contained and fun tbh.

As for this joke... TPP randbats win. Server: 1, Forum: 0. c:
    NO THIS ISN'T WAR IT'S FRIENDLY COMPETITION.

Years
  • "One time, Cynthia punched me in the face and it was AWESOME"...Omg I rolled when I seen that. Good April fools day, good.
    I am sad I didn't get to see anything huge happen though since this is the first year I have been active at April fools day. But that is my fault, no one elses. Good job today everyone:)

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Even though I've been around to see a fair few AFD changes, this is my first as a member and I'm glad it's minimalistic.
    Some years have been crazy and it's good to be part of one which is just nice and calm instead.

" You can't please all of the people all of the time, just some of the people some of the time."

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I actually expected something lethal this year. This is the only reason I come back at April 1st every year lol.

But this is already a good prank. I appreciate the effort into the titles. xD

Also, Digimon Revolution!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • The titles were a good laugh. Some nice ones were the X/Y ones about Pokebank, and the Anime and Manga title relating to Honnouji Academy. (if you couldn't tell, I'm quite the Kill La Kill fan).

Good job, staff :) gave me a lovely giggle for an afternoon.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • KlK reference ftw! :D This is seriously awesome. I didn't even know they changed. Brb gonna go read all of 'em!

also, on an unrelated note, I trolled people on an anime group on facebook. Called One Piece, Death Note and Code Geass terrible series (you know, some of the most popular ones) and got 200+ comments in over an hour with a lot of them calling me an existence who should've never been born, an a-hole, a dick, a c-word, a retard, moron and someone who deserved to die and stuff. Good laugh. XD

finalrayne

High Roller
    Years
  • They totatly had me this morning with the one that said pokemon z coming out april 2nd... I should've known found out it was and april fools after i went back and hit refresh lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This is my first AFD on PC, and I like it. I'd rather not deal with crazy ♥♥♥♥ like what has suppossedly happened in previous years. Some of these forum titles/subtitles are great. A few of my favorites include:

"One time, Cynthia punched me in the face and it was AWESOME."

"Pick a God and pray! It's not an anime reference, but..." (just because I do get the reference)

"and tell Nova to stop talking about RTS"

At least it shows that the staff has a decent sense of humor. AFD jokes don't have to be outrageous for them to be good....

Years
  • I think it's funny enough. ALL CAPS FOR THE WIN!!!!! And some of the descriptions are just over the top.

edit: The only one they didn't change is the 5th gen. Y U GUYS BEING 5TH GEN-CISTS?!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back