• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
  • I never considered her childish so her childish movements and actions seem a bit out of place tbh.
    Well, Phoebe I feel was always supposed to be ironic. She dresses like she just got back from the beach, so you would think she would have Water or even Grass Pokemon, but she actually uses Ghost types.
    Speaking of Phoebe, I was surprised that she apparently has a Dusknoir. Granted, I'm glad that that probably means her team won't have as many duplicates (and I hope Glacia's team gets similar treatment), but it does make you wonder if the Sinnoh evolutions will actually be part of the Hoenn Pokedex.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, Phoebe I feel was always supposed to be ironic. She dresses like she just got back from the beach, so you would think she would have Water or even Grass Pokemon, but she actually uses Ghost types.
    Speaking of Phoebe, I was surprised that she apparently has a Dusknoir. Granted, I'm glad that that probably means her team won't have as many duplicates (and I hope Glacia's team gets similar treatment), but it does make you wonder if the Sinnoh evolutions will actually be part of the Hoenn Pokedex.
    They said they were adding Pokemon to the Hoenn dex so most likely they'll add the rest of the Sinnoh evolutions alongside Dusknoir.
    As for her being ironic, I do think it's meant to be part of her character, as even her bio in the official site mentions her being a ghost expert as if one wouldn't expect it from her based off her looks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Does anyone think Steven might have an Excadrill since he does a lot of mine digging ???

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I hope that the Gym Leaders and Elite 4/Champion are buffed slightly. I found them just a bit too easy when I played through the games a few years ago. However, they may be because I enjoy grinding my team quite a lot.

The Pokémon which the person owns should be somehow related to their 'occupation'. For example, as Famon said above, Steven could have an Excadrill seeing as he does a lot of mine digging.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Does anyone think Steven might have an Excadrill since he does a lot of mine digging ???

If rematches are included, then it's certainly possible. If I remembered correctly he even had an Excadrill in the PWT matches.

I hope that the Gym Leaders and Elite 4/Champion are buffed slightly. I found them just a bit too easy when I played through the games a few years ago. However, they may be because I enjoy grinding my team quite a lot.

The Pokémon which the person owns should be somehow related to their 'occupation'. For example, as Famon said above, Steven could have an Excadrill seeing as he does a lot of mine digging.

I found the Hoenn league to be moderately challenging compared to other leagues. With all of the new stuff added in over the generations (Special Physical split etc.) I'm sure even at the same level they'll be more difficult. However, Gen VI introduced some "kid-friendly" ways to power up such as Amie (increases EXP gain speed) and the enhanced EXP share. I hope that they'll get a slight level boost thanks to such alterations.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • If rematches are included, then it's certainly possible. If I remembered correctly he even had an Excadrill in the PWT matches.

I found the Hoenn league to be moderately challenging compared to other leagues. With all of the new stuff added in over the generations (Special Physical split etc.) I'm sure even at the same level they'll be more difficult. However, Gen VI introduced some "kid-friendly" ways to power up such as Amie (increases EXP gain speed) and the enhanced EXP share. I hope that they'll get a slight level boost thanks to such alterations.

That is the mainly the reason why I hope for them to be buffed. The enhanced EXP share makes levelling far too easy, alongside Pokémon Amie which are quite easy mini games for extra experience gain speed. At least, I assume that the enhanced EXP share will reuturn with the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Years
  • It'd be impossible for there to be only five Gym Leaders. For one thing, four HMs have already been confirmed (Cut, Rock Smash, Surf, and Strength), and they are usable after beating four gyms. It's a given Dive, Fly, and Waterfall are going to be in the games, and I doubt any of those would become TMs, so there'd need to be more gyms in order for all of them to be usable. (Granted, I suppose beating one gym could unlock the use of multiple HMs, but that's never happened before and I doubt it'll happen now.) And, imo, five Gym Leaders would make the game play rather boring.

Years
  • I want to see Mega Golem

ThePokeRaf, there is a thread specifically dedicated to discussion of Mega evolutions in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire here. This topic is for discussing the gym leaders and elite four, and that only. If there isn't a topic for what you'd like to discuss, you can create a new one. However, please be mindful of what topic you're in and if it pertains to the topic.

Years
  • That would be weird...to have only five. It's a remake so there's going to be eight gyms. Likely nine gym leaders as one had twins, or maybe even 10 if both Juan and Wallace are gym leaders.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I don't think that Game Freak is going to change the Pokemon formula so dramatically to 5 from 8. It would cause an extreme uprising from a lot of fans, complaining that the game is too short. I liked all the gym leaders from R/S/E, so I am excited to see what happens to them!

Years
  • I must see Winona and Glacia, after that I'll be happy. I guess Liza and Tate too.
    When it comes to the eight gym what I'll like to know is if it will be Wallace like I'm thinking, or Juan, or a choose which one/ depending on which path in the gym you take you get to meet up with one of them.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Isn't there a screenshot on serebii that it is confirmed to have the same 8 badges?

Years
  • All the reactions in the video are spectacular, especially Flannery. Pleased to see such great work redesigning the leaders, honestly. Interested to see what they've done with Glacia and Drake, because I consider those the most bland from Hoenn.

Years
  • ^ Really? I consider Drake the only Hoenn Elite Four member that WASN'T bland.

Also, since we saw Dusknoir, that likely means there'll be at least some change to the Hoenn Pokédex to at least include some of the evolutions. Also, I wonder if they'll make the rosters the same as in RS or in Emerald. Possibly the latter for more challenge, but if they "want to make it easier because they feel we might be busy" (like they did with Gen V and XY), i'd imagine they'll make the Gym Leaders like they were in RS instead.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    They said they were adding Pokemon to the Hoenn dex so most likely they'll add the rest of the Sinnoh evolutions alongside Dusknoir.
    As for her being ironic, I do think it's meant to be part of her character, as even her bio in the official site mentions her being a ghost expert as if one wouldn't expect it from her based off her looks.

It's been a long time since I played Sapphire, but I thought that the area where you grab one of the orbs (the one with all the ghosts) was located next to a beach? Does that have something to do with Phoebe's attire? Honestly, I like the unpredictability of it. Themes are good, but it gets old lol.

All I care about is that the game has a baseline challenge to it and that the Gym Leaders/Elite 4 update and remain challenging as we go from the end game to the post game. I know these are remakes and not sequels, but I always wanted the game to have more stuff to do at the end, not that collecting doesn't give you enough to do, but it would be great to have repeatable challenges and whatnot. I mean, in Gen 5 the Elite 4 upgraded after their initial defeat, but in X/Y they don't. It seems like such an odd tradition to not carry over.

Years
  • ^ Really? I consider Drake the only Hoenn Elite Four member that WASN'T bland.

Also, since we saw Dusknoir, that likely means there'll be at least some change to the Hoenn Pokédex to at least include some of the evolutions. Also, I wonder if they'll make the rosters the same as in RS or in Emerald. Possibly the latter for more challenge, but if they "want to make it easier because they feel we might be busy" (like they did with Gen V and XY), i'd imagine they'll make the Gym Leaders like they were in RS instead.

Seriously if they're going to make it easier for those who are "too busy" to play the game I think they should make a casual and a 'hard-core' mode where the casual is easier than the latter, rather than watering down the difficulty for all of us...

Yeah, Mt. Pyre was surrounded by a lake or in land sea.

Back