• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm happy that they stuck to the plain looking rooms, it definitely has more of an original feel to them now. I felt that the X & Y Elite Four rooms were too extravagant as I've said previously and I was sort of worried that they may do the same for the Hoenn League. The rooms in ORAS look pretty much identical which is great IMO.

Years
  • The Gym Leaders and Elite Four in Hoenn were one of the hardest in the series. I hope its harder than normal because I really am looking forward for a challenge since x/y was too damn easy and I beat it in a short amount of time blindly

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • The Gym Leaders and Elite Four in Hoenn were one of the hardest in the series. I hope its harder than normal because I really am looking forward for a challenge since x/y was too damn easy and I beat it in a short amount of time blindly

I think we can safely assume it to be more difficult than XY. I've posted my 3 reasons in the TM thread. But I'll emphasize a bit on Steven here.

Mega Metagross, even at a slightly lower level than the originals (Lv55?) will still be more difficult than it was before, needless to say XY. It will have tough claws, meaning any attack that has contact will get a boost. With the introduction of the much improved physical/special split and the introduction of physical psychic type attacks such as Zen Headbutt, it will definitely be more of a threat.

I expect ORAS to use the same exp share system as XY, together with the return of Super Training and Amie (confirmed). These two are set to return anyway - to be fair against XY players. Hopefully such things will help weaker players.

Years
  • I agree but since i'm a classic player of pokemon, I have no use for the x/y type xp share. Aime maybe but the x/y xp share was just making us too overpowered. But it has benefits. Before x/y came I was struggling to make ends meet when it came to my team. I didn't grind, I only beat the whole thing with my starter.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well since Mr. Stone gives us the exp.share after delivering the letter to his son (at least in the originals) those of us who don't want it can leave it there and forget about it until much later :)

Years
  • What if you're required to go back and get the Exp. Share though? WHAT THEN??? (I kid; you didn't have to get it from Mr. Pokemon in HGSS, so why would they make you get it in ORAS? XD)

I personally didn't find the Hoenn leaders and Pokemon League hard (well, I did as a kid, but I was still a Pokenoob), but with Steven having a MegaGross, I can imagine I'll have a difficult time with him, especially if I don't have a speedier Pokemon to take it down. Still hoping for my Challenge Mode so I can make them even more difficult to battle; it'd be really interesting to see if they got team changes, too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well there's still the possibility (and hope) of Elite Four Rematches and Gym Leader Rematches returning, that could be why Phoebe has a Dusknoir.

Years
  • Hopefully they do bring rematches back, they were a ton of fun and made all of the gym leaders an actual challenge to take down. I honestly enjoyed the feature a lot; would be majorly disappointed if it was left out of ORAS.

Years
  • Well there's still the possibility (and hope) of Elite Four Rematches and Gym Leader Rematches returning, that could be why Phoebe has a Dusknoir.

I think she'll have Dusknoir for her first battle against us. If it were post game only that she has one then Wattson and Roxanne would've had Magnezone and Probopass next to them in the latest corocoro issue instead of their pre-evos as they should have them in their rematches too.

I'm hoping gym rematched return. It's one Emerald feature I'm hoping returns. Just realized that Emerald were the first games with rematches...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think she'll have Dusknoir for her first battle against us. If it were post game only that she has one then Wattson and Roxanne would've had Magnezone and Probopass next to them in the latest corocoro issue instead of their pre-evos as they should have them in their rematches too.

I'm hoping gym rematched return. It's one Emerald feature I'm hoping returns. Just realized that Emerald were the first games with rematches...

Yeah, it could be that too unless they decide to copy their Ruby & Sapphire teams exactly as they were. Rematches for both would be great, we'd get to see many of the Gen IV evolutions that way.

Years
  • Yeah, it could be that too unless they decide to copy their Ruby & Sapphire teams exactly as they were. Rematches for both would be great, we'd get to see many of the Gen IV evolutions that way.

I hope that they'll get the Emerald changes to their teams. Sapphire (and Ruby) had weaker teams than Emerald's (I'm starting to wonder if I should've hoped for an Emerald remake instead of RS...)

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I would like to see all of the original gym leaders, with the exception of Steven being the Champion instead of Wallace. There's no need to fix something that isn't broken; the gym leaders in Hoenn were challenging enough and unique enough that they should return in all of their glory to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Years
  • I doubt they'll replace any since it is a remake after all. Now the big question is if Wallace,Juan , both, or if it'll depend on our version will be the gym leader of Sootopolis.

Years
  • That's probably the main unanswered dilemma regarding gym leaders and elite four now that Steven is confirmed as the champion. I think Juan may just be a post-game presence and they'll have Wallace as the eighth gym leader.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I have a feeling Juan won't return at all. What purpose would he serve if Wallace is the Gym Leader? Maybe as a counterpart to Wallace and Steven when the Kyogre VS Groudon dilemma arises (you know, Origin Cave) or something? I speculated before that Juan would be a Contest master and challenge you or tutor you in Master/regular contests respectively, so maybe that!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If they go down the Ruby And Sapphire route for Gym leaders which seems to look that way since Wattsons ace is Magneton, then Winona will have 4 Pokemon without Tropius but including Swellow + Tate and Liza will have just Lunatone and Solrock at a higher level.

Years
  • If they go down the Ruby And Sapphire route for Gym leaders which seems to look that way since Wattsons ace is Magneton, then Winona will have 4 Pokemon without Tropius but including Swellow + Tate and Liza will have just Lunatone and Solrock at a higher level.

There was problems with the Gym Leader rosters being redundant and in Ruby/Sapphire such as Flannery having two Slugma or Norman having just members of the Slakoth line. Thank god Emerald diversified their teams by adding a Numel to the former's roster and the latter had his second Slaking replaced by Linoone and Spinda.

Although I know that given it's likely they'll be following the format of R/S instead of Emerald I will be disappointed if they still keep those dupes in the team. Repeating the same species or evolution line in a team always kinda bugs me.

This was how their teams looked like in the originals if one doesn't remember:
    Spoiler:

The rosters are not bad except for Wattson (he didn't have a Hoenn Pokemon as his ace), Flannery and Norman (those two had evolution line dupes in there). It's just that I've been caring more for diversity in teams lately but then again past remakes tended to leave important NPCs' teams the same lineup as the original version.

Back