• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Salamance probably suggests Drakes mega.

I think so too, but then again the Kalos E4 had Megas they could have used too (especially Siebold).

I'm hoping that Winona ends up using Altaria as her ace (even if it does lose it's flying type) and uses it's Mega. It will no longer be as easy to take down with Ice type.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think so too, but then again the Kalos E4 had Megas they could have used too (especially Siebold).

I'm hoping that Winona ends up using Altaria as her ace (even if it does lose it's flying type) and uses it's Mega. It will no longer be as easy to take down with Ice type.

That's true. Even though it has 4 weaknesses, none of them are x4 easily taken down by an Ice-Type. Her Altaria was already a threat in the originals.

Years
    That's true. Even though it has 4 weaknesses, none of them are x4 easily taken down by an Ice-Type. Her Altaria was already a threat in the originals.

Yeah. Also unless they add a great deal of steel and Poison types before Fortree we'll have very few options (at least in terms of those who can do stab super effective damage). We have Aggron, Probopass (maybe), Azumarill, Gardevoir, Wigglytuff (if one wants to travel back to the Rustboro area and get it) Swalot, and Muk.

Years
    Don't forget that Steven may give out Steel Wing again, so a lot of Flying types will have access to that! Also, in RSE Sludge Bomb became available at Dewford Hall after beating Norman, so if that stays the same it'll also come in handy against Altaria if it Mega Evolves.

Years
    Don't forget that Steven may give out Steel Wing again, so a lot of Flying types will have access to that! Also, in RSE Sludge Bomb became available at Dewford Hall after beating Norman, so if that stays the same it'll also come in handy against Altaria if it Mega Evolves.

Oh right...Huh, seems like the TM's that would be most helpful are around the Dewford area (Ice Beam and Sludge bomb), if it does become go Mega.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I like how early you can access high powered specific TMs in Hoenn, like the ones said above Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Overheat can all be obtained way before the Elite Four.

Years
    I like how early you can access high powered specific TMs in Hoenn, like the ones said above Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Overheat can all be obtained way before the Elite Four.

Though, two out of those three got down grades in XY (they're still pretty powerful though), so they might not be as useful as in the originals.
    I wonder if GF will change up the move pools to fit in with the Physical, and Special split that occurred in Gen IV.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Well, back to the topic, I wonder why the rest of the gym leaders and E4 haven't been revealed in CoroCoro. I think they should have.. :/

Years
    ^I agree; I thought they'd be revealed along with the Megas. Pokebeach said these would be all the scans, but I'm still hoping there'll be more. Seems unlikely, though ;; Maybe the other Gym Leaders and E4 will be shown next month if they aren't show this time.

Years
    ^I agree; I thought they'd be revealed along with the Megas. Pokebeach said these would be all the scans, but I'm still hoping there'll be more. Seems unlikely, though ;; Maybe the other Gym Leaders and E4 will be shown next month if they aren't show this time.

Yeah, next issue seem very likely. I can see Wallace being announced alongside Milotic's Mega(s) (I get the feeling it'll be announced next issue).

Wally is also missing (as is Scott should the BF return...maybe he'll go reverse Tabitha in his redesign xD ). Maybe GF will wait longer for to show them.
    Not sure for what purpose, seeing how they already showed Steven who is the most important. Unless the rest all have Megas to be revealed alongside them (this would've been the perfect chance though).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well this issue was branded as the Mega Evolution scoop, so we were pretty much expecting this issue to be focused soley upon the Mega Evolutions. I'd say next month we'll see the remaining Leaders and Elite Four members, after all there are only 3 more issues until the games are released.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    The only real major new design for a Gym Leader they've given is to Roxanne and Brawly, possibly. I think we may just get one more new design, but then you never know; Flannery, Wattson and Norman look quite similar to the original, but just much more updated. Really want to see some sort of new design for Winona. Her one in R/S isn't bad and all, but she's just one of those Gym Leaders that kinda need a new design to make her more memorable.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Actually all the gym leaders pretty much look the same as the originals. Roxanne just got a new (funkier) outfit while Brawly is the one with the bigger change - tan, new outfit, super sassy gym, now literally a gym.

But considering that characters like Tabitha got a drastic overhaul, I wouldn't be surprised if the next few leaders/E4 get truly major redesigns.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like to see Anabel from Battle Frontier if she got a new design. But Liza&Tate with Glacia are the ones I really want to see.

Years
    Maybe they'll have another Nintendo Direct, or even Pokemon Direct focused on only these games, and show one or two off. If not then it's going to be a long while as the next issue I think won't be coming out officially until the 15, meaning the earliest it'll probably leak is the 10th, so more than a month to wait. Even then we may not get them next issue. The November (the one coming out in October btw) issue will be the pen-ultimate, then comes the December (the November release) issue. So three issues to go. The chances of them being shown pre-release are starting to drop.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Maybe they'll have another Nintendo Direct, or even Pokemon Direct focused on only these games, and show one or two off. If not then it's going to be a long while as the next issue I think won't be coming out officially until the 15, meaning the earliest it'll probably leak is the 10th, so more than a month to wait. Even then we may not get them next issue. The November (the one coming out in October btw) issue will be the pen-ultimate, then comes the December (the November release) issue. So three issues to go. The chances of them being shown pre-release are starting to drop.

A Nintendo/Pokémon Direct showcasing some ORAS news would be great! iirc they did this for X&Y on a couple of occasions, one being close to the realease date.

Years
    The same thing I wished for !
    Also Looking forward to see Winona

For a moment there I thought Lucia was Winona's redesign, but then thought that she didn't even look anything like her. I was fearing she was a new Shelly. But Lucia is cute, so I wouldn't have minded if she were Winona <3

Years
    I keep thinking people are referring to me when they say Lucia; really gotta get out of that mindset XD

I have a feeling Nintendo might post up another trailer soon, though it would most likely explicitly show what was in the most recent CoroCoro. Still, it'd be nice to see more footage of the gyms and of the remaining Gym Leaders' and E4s' redesigns.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I keep thinking people are referring to me when they say Lucia; really gotta get out of that mindset XD

I have a feeling Nintendo might post up another trailer soon, though it would most likely explicitly show what was in the most recent CoroCoro. Still, it'd be nice to see more footage of the gyms and of the remaining Gym Leaders' and E4s' redesigns.

The videos will usually be out around the same time the actual CoroCoro releases. It'll sometimes reveal more screenshots and stuff.

I'm more excited by new music though, can't wait to hear the new gym leader theme.

Back