• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Agreed; I hope we get to see the remaining leaders + E4 members. I'm really looking forward to seeing the redesigns, haha ;-;

I'd still like Tate & Liza to use four Pokemon so they're at least slightly more challenging than they were in RS, but if Gym Leader rematches return I'd be fine with them using just Solrock and Lunatone XD

Full Blown rematches that is.
    Anyways, I hope those two get their Emerald team for their first battle too. I wonder if they'll levels will increase per battle like in the originals.

Yeah, those two will fit them well. So perhaps they'll team will be (Liza:) Lunatone, Gothitelle, Gardevoir, (Tate:) Solrock, Reuniclus, and Gallade.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yup, Juan acting as the Brycen of Hoenn wouldn't be surprising in the least haha. Fits the role quite well actually!

I totally forgot about Brycen and the PokeStar studios, aha. So now I totally think that Juan will show up in Contests, especially since they put Brycen in some place as random as PokeStar.

Years
  • I think that would be a great fit. Otherwise, unfortunately, I don't see Juan having much of a role otherwise.

Years
  • I totally forgot about Brycen and the PokeStar studios, aha. So now I totally think that Juan will show up in Contests, especially since they put Brycen in some place as random as PokeStar.

It's not all that random, we were told he was an actor in BW. Likewise I think they mentioned Juan liking contests in Emerald, so he really will get the Brycean treatment (minus the whole sequel aspect in the difference of their past and future roles in the games).

Edit: Actually he is only a coordinator in the anime (and special I think), so maybe not.
    I just found out that Juan spoke french in Pokemon special. I wonder if he may actually be from Kalos if we're looking at extra (outside of the main) canon stuff for the games...

Years
  • Well, Juan is Wallace's mentor, so if Wallace is a Coordinator in the games then it's possible Juan is one as well. Speaking of, if Juan didn't appear at all, I wonder if Wallace would at least acknowledge him, just so he isn't completely forgotten XD

Years
  • Well, Juan is Wallace's mentor, so if Wallace is a Coordinator in the games then it's possible Juan is one as well. Speaking of, if Juan didn't appear at all, I wonder if Wallace would at least acknowledge him, just so he isn't completely forgotten XD

Wallace isn't a coordinator in the games either. Them being Coordinators is similar to how people keep thinking Mewtwo was created by Rocket. That may be true, but the games don't confirm them 100 percent.

I think he will be brought up.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Now I cannot wait to see the rest of the gym leaders of Hoenn, and their redesigns. What do you think will they look like?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Now I cannot wait to see the rest of the gym leaders of Hoenn, and their redesigns. What do you think will they look like?
    I think Tate and Liza will have totally different articles of clothing, which is definitely a good thing. Their outfits in RSE kinda sucked and don't really show them as psychic type trainers. In fact they look very immature in the originals, which is kinda sad.

I expect Wallace to retain his emerald outfit, and yes that means keeping that cape. Doesn't mean that he's no longer champion means he cannot wear that gorgeous cape. I think Juan (if he returns) will also have minor to no aesthetic changes.

I am expecting Winona to get a different outfit too. I think I'm one of the only few people who thinks that Winona's RSE outfit looked terribly silly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    It would, in my opinion, be pretty awesome, would Winona's gym be sky battle only. Could be fun, and fits the theme!

Years
  • I think Tate and Liza will have totally different articles of clothing, which is definitely a good thing. Their outfits in RSE kinda sucked and don't really show them as psychic type trainers. In fact they look very immature in the originals, which is kinda sad.

I expect Wallace to retain his emerald outfit, and yes that means keeping that cape. Doesn't mean that he's no longer champion means he cannot wear that gorgeous cape. I think Juan (if he returns) will also have minor to no aesthetic changes.

I am expecting Winona to get a different outfit too. I think I'm one of the only few people who thinks that Winona's RSE outfit looked terribly silly.

Their cloths resemble those worn in traditional china and southeast asia. Also their names are Lan and Fu in the Japanese version which irc are Chinese. So I think their clothes are meant to represent their culture (heritage or otherwise) more so than their type. I wouldn't mind a change, so long as they don't look goofy.

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    i was on photoshop thinking what Glacia's redesign would look like and i came up with this kinda fits the ice queen style! Sorry it looks a bit bad!

attached below

Last edited:

Years
  • Corocoro seems to finally be leaking. As there is some movie news on the September issue (the one releasing this month...) already being reported on by Anime News network (which is what some of the fan sites like Serebii and such sourced initially). (here's the news if anyone doesn't believes me
    I hope they have the gym leaders and E4, even if they didn't bring it up. After all they didn't bring up any movie stuff (actually they don't always hint at what's going to be in it, unless it's really big).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Corocoro seems to finally be leaking. As there is some movie news on the September issue (the one releasing this month...) already being reported on by Anime News network (which is what some of the fan sites like Serebii and such sourced initially). (here's the news if anyone doesn't believes me
    I hope they have the gym leaders and E4, even if they didn't bring it up. After all they didn't bring up any movie stuff (actually they don't always hint at what's going to be in it, unless it's really big).

Jeez that's early. But yeah I think it's just starting to leak now, I'm pretty sure we've got plenty more information regarding this issue headed our way over the next few hours. Remember this is a Mega Evolution scoop, so I wouldn't be surprized if the issue was heavily focused around new Mega Evolutions (and pehaps the movie) rather than other game aspects. Although I agree about wanting to see the rest of the Gym Leaders and E4 members, it would kind of make sense to make up the second half following the previous issue which showcased the first bunch.

Years
  • Jeez that's early. But yeah I think it's just starting to leak now, I'm pretty sure we've got plenty more information regarding this issue headed our way over the next few hours. Remember this is a Mega Evolution scoop, so I wouldn't be surprized if the issue was heavily focused around new Mega Evolutions (and pehaps the movie) rather than other game aspects. Although I agree about wanting to see the rest of the Gym Leaders and E4 members, it would kind of make sense to make up the second half following the previous issue which showcased the first bunch.

Well it is officially coming out on the 12th, and the earliest an issue usually starts leaking is five days in advance. We'll probably get more tomorrow, and over the weekend for sure :)

I hope that Glacia's ace will be Froslass, as it has purple on it's body, much like how Glacia's dress' color. Plus she will be one of the few (if not the first) E4 who's ace shares a type with that of another E4's specialty.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well it is officially coming out on the 12th, and the earliest an issue usually starts leaking is five days in advance. We'll probably get more tomorrow, and over the weekend for sure :)

I hope that Glacia's ace will be Froslass, as it has purple on it's body, much like how Glacia's dress' color. Plus she will be one of the few (if not the first) E4 who's ace shares a type with that of another E4's specialty.

I'm sure if Phoebe's second Dusclops got substituted for Dusknoir, then it's likely that Glacia's second Glalie will get substituted for Froslass or another Ice-type.

Oh, and in that scan notice how Dialga is in the top left corner, Primal reversal pehaps?

Years
  • I'm sure if Phoebe's second Dusclops got substituted for Dusknoir, then it's likely that Glacia's second Glalie will get substituted for Froslass or another Ice-type.

Oh, and in that scan notice how Dialga is in the top left corner, Primal reversal pehaps?

Probably. I do doubt her ace will be a Pokémon that isn't related to her RSE team.

I did not. Oh but Primal Dialga is Dark Dialga in Japan which means it's not a real Primal. It's possible normal Dialga could be in these games though :3

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Their cloths resemble those worn in traditional china and southeast asia. Also their names are Lan and Fu in the Japanese version which irc are Chinese. So I think their clothes are meant to represent their culture (heritage or otherwise) more so than their type. I wouldn't mind a change, so long as they don't look goofy.

After a quick check on bulbapedia, their names are based on some variety of Orchid.

It's a Japanese pronunciation. The Chinese pronunciation is feng-lan for the same flower.

I just hope at least they get more colorful clothes... Oh leaks where are you.
    (I have the time because tomorrow's a public holiday here, what coincidence)

Years
  • After a quick check on bulbapedia, their names are based on some variety of Orchid.

It's a Japanese pronunciation. The Chinese pronunciation is feng-lan for the same flower.

I just hope at least they get more colorful clothes... Oh leaks where are you.
    (I have the time because tomorrow's a public holiday here, what coincidence)

The most I'm expecting is something similar to what Maxie is wearing but in light blue.

Hopefully they'll come tonight/tomorrow.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • With the new Megas announced, I have the feeling that (at least in the rematches) the E4 MIGHT get mega evos.

Back