• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I also think it'll be Wallace. Perhaps if Juan appears at all it'll be at Meteor Falls, or perhaps in Lilycove city (post game). Maybe he'll battle us, and/or give us the Prism Scale to evolve Feebas without having to max the beauty stat.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • If Wallace would be a gym leader again, then I hope Juan doesn't return. Ever.

He is kinda established in B2W2 so I don't know how will they explain his absence. But then again, how will they explain the redesigns lol

Years
  • If Wallace would be a gym leader again, then I hope Juan doesn't return. Ever.

He is kinda established in B2W2 so I don't know how will they explain his absence. But then again, how will they explain the redesigns lol

No one really knows for sure if the post game PWT battles are canon or not.

Maybe Juan will appear after we defeat Wallace and maybe give us a Shiny Feebas as thanks for saving the world <3

Years
  • I'm pretty sure no one would object to getting a shiny Feebas, haha! He could return in PWT if it is in fact introduced in Hoenn and ORAS.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure no one would object to getting a shiny Feebas, haha! He could return in PWT if it is in fact introduced in Hoenn and ORAS.
    He'll seem out of place though, as he'll be a Hoenn gym leader...but yet no one (who doesn't know about Emerald at all) would be confused by who he is, considering they didn't see him at all. Also him appearing like that may give some the hope for Delta Emerald...actually him not appearing either does too. So I'm hoping he'll appear in some other way. Maybe he'll be in Origin Cave along with Wallace and Steven.

Years
  • I'd reject it if I can breed my own which I'm trying to do 8D /brick'd

I'm still of the mindset that Juan could be your opponent in contests; it'd make sense, plus it'd be cool to be able to go up against notable figures in contests like in the Super Contests in DPPt and the Pokeathlon in HGSS.

Years
  • I'd reject it if I can breed my own which I'm trying to do 8D /brick'd

I'm still of the mindset that Juan could be your opponent in contests; it'd make sense, plus it'd be cool to be able to go up against notable figures in contests like in the Super Contests in DPPt and the Pokeathlon in HGSS.
    Or like how we could act with Brycen in Pokestar Studios. He could very well be the Brycen of these games, having been a former gym leader. And if PWT does return we'll get to battle him like we did with Brycen.

Years
  • Yup, Juan acting as the Brycen of Hoenn wouldn't be surprising in the least haha. Fits the role quite well actually!

Years
  • I find it kind of funny how Kalos' 8th badge reminded me in some ways of a water badge (with what looks like water inside), and RSE's 8th gym looked like it belonged to an ice gym leader xD. I wonder if GF made the 8th Kalos badge with that in mind, making them mirror images of one another, sort of like Brawly and Wake. Well, I guess to keep it, they'll have to keep the Sootopolis gym looking like an ice gym.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • The next CoroCoro will show the last few gym leaders and E4, plus I think they'll reveal more about contests? I forgot. Besides the mega scoop.

Anyway, I just can't wait for the leaks. It's just a few days left.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    This probably has been mentioned a freaking ton but omg Phoebe and her Dusknoir <333
    Can't wait for the next CoroCoro scan. My prediction is that they'll showcase the remaining Gym Leaders, and we might be able to get confirmation on who the first Gym Leader is! Pretty sure Juan's gone because these are R/S remakes, not Emerald.

Years
  • The next CoroCoro will show the last few gym leaders and E4, plus I think they'll reveal more about contests? I forgot. Besides the mega scoop.

Anyway, I just can't wait for the leaks. It's just a few days left.
    Corocoro didn't confirm if they'll show the rest of the Gym Leaders, and E4. It's possible that they might save them for later. They did mention they'll reveal more about contests along with the Mega Scoop though.

I hope they do show the rest of the gym leaders. Especially if any of them end up having an Ace get a Mega. Such as Mega Milotic, or Altaria (even even Mega Solrock, and Mega Lunatone), or Mega Salamence, or Mega Glalie/Froslass, etc. I can see Wallace being the Korrina of the Hoenn gym leaders. Or even the twins seeing how they are all about bonds.

I can't wait for this upcoming iessue either, we should get something in 3-6 days from now :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe this hasn't happened in original games, but if they somehow manage to give us some way to battle Tate and Liza separately, I think that would be pretty cool. If it's gym battle, maybe they'd require us to battle them both, but one after another (depending on which you choose)? Or, they could keep it the same as it was, I really wouldn't mind, but still give us chance to fight against them one-on-one.

Years
  • I believe this hasn't happened in original games, but if they somehow manage to give us some way to battle Tate and Liza separately, I think that would be pretty cool. If it's gym battle, maybe they'd require us to battle them both, but one after another (depending on which you choose)? Or, they could keep it the same as it was, I really wouldn't mind, but still give us chance to fight against them one-on-one.

The only time we could do that was in B2W2 (at the PWT). There are several who didn't like it, how we could couldn't battle them together (me included). So I hope they keep it like the originals. If the PWT returns then we can battle them separately there.

Years
  • I liked battling Tate & Liza together gym-wise; I wouldn't want to battle them separately at all (except in the PWT or something similar) XD However, if I could only fight one but take part in a Double Battle (or maybe even a Triple or Rotation Battle), I'd be somewhat fine with that, but it'd be really odd, haha.

Years
  • You know, they could kinda do what they did with Iris and Drayden in BW where one's the Gym Leader in the other game. There's been speculation that could happen with Wallace and Juan, so since this was mentioned I thought this would be a possibility. Not a likely one, but one nonetheless.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really hope next CoroCoro showcases the remaining Gym Leaders and Elite Four members along with the new Mega Evolutions. Perhaps the rest will be revealed alongside their new Mega Evolved Pokemon i.e Glacia with Mega Walrein and Drake with Mega Flygon.

Years
  • I think Liza and Tate will return and battle the same way they did in the originals. Double battles were a big feature during Gen III, with even the Emerlad rematches being double battles.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Liza and Tate will return and battle the same way they did in the originals. Double battles were a big feature during Gen III, with even the Emerlad rematches being double battles.

Perhaps they will have their original R/S team of Lunatone and Solrock and then rematches their team will expand to 6 Pokémon. Hopefully they would include Reuniclus & Gothitelle since they seem to be a suitable paired Psychic type for Tate & Liza.

Years
  • I really hope next CoroCoro showcases the remaining Gym Leaders and Elite Four members along with the new Mega Evolutions. Perhaps the rest will be revealed alongside their new Mega Evolved Pokemon i.e Glacia with Mega Walrein and Drake with Mega Flygon.

Agreed; I hope we get to see the remaining leaders + E4 members. I'm really looking forward to seeing the redesigns, haha ;-;

I'd still like Tate & Liza to use four Pokemon so they're at least slightly more challenging than they were in RS, but if Gym Leader rematches return I'd be fine with them using just Solrock and Lunatone XD

Back