• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
    So since Lucia seems to have an Altaria, do you guys think Drake might use a Mega Salamence? I think it's certainly the most plausible situation.

Years
    If he does have one, then I assume the other E4 are gonna have Mega Evos. as well. Sidney has Absol (doesn't have to be his ace, though he will likely use it last since all Mega using NPCs seem to do so) and Phoebe has Banette and Sableye. Glacia is still the odd one out, unless Glalie, Froslass (IF she uses one), and/or Walrein gain a Mega. With that being said, if none of Glacia's Pokemon receive Megas or if none of the Ice types with Megas (well, just Abomasnow right now) are included in the Hoenn Dex, then I can't see Drake--or Sidney or Phoebe--using a Mega. Even if Drake is the strongest E4 member, it would seem odd for him to be the only non-Champion with a Mega. Though, I'm still of the mindset that none of the E4 will use Megas before the post-game, but may have them if they get rematch teams.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I see Drake the only one getting a mega being a possibility. Remember in the original Pokemon Red/Blue where Lance was the only E4 to use the Gym Leader theme? This changed in the remakes though, but I can see Gamefreak give more liberty to the most powerful E4 member.

Or a more possible scenario would be the E4 getting Megas only post-game. In that case, it would make sense for Glacia to use a Mega Abomasnow.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, I kinda agree on Yato, since the E4 represents the strongest trainers in the region right, they should have megas, atleast in postgame. Sidney would have Absol, Phoebe either Banette or Sableye, Drake having Salamence, and I'm pretty sure Glacia would have Walrein. But since with the introduction of Mega Lopunny, there is hope for getting more Gen IV Megas, so Froslass is also a candidate.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I'm actually quite positive that Glacia will have Froslass, and it too will be part of the new Hoenn dex. It's somewhat similar to Dusknoir's position - but only female snorunt can evolve into Froslass introduced in Gen IV.

However I doubt Froslass will be Glacia's main. She will probably have one of her Glalie replaced, that's all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm actually quite positive that Glacia will have Froslass, and it too will be part of the new Hoenn dex. It's somewhat similar to Dusknoir's position - but only female snorunt can evolve into Froslass introduced in Gen IV.

However I doubt Froslass will be Glacia's main. She will probably have one of her Glalie replaced, that's all.

They were both Female, so she'll be fine if one got a Species change. Wally may end up getting Gallade similarly.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Lisia is the Number 1 Contest Idol in Hoenn then what about Wallace ???
    Also , Does anyone think she might be related to wallace ?

Years
    If Lisia is the Number 1 Contest Idol in Hoenn then what about Wallace ???
    Also , Does anyone think she might be related to wallace ?

Wallace didn't even have anything to do with contests in the original games.

I didn't think of that, but she does have similar color hair as he does.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well we've got three potential members of the Elite Four having Mega Evolutions;

Sidney - Mega Absol (or Mega Shiftry if rumors are correct)
    Phoebe - Mega Sableye or Mega Banette
    Glacia - ?
    Drake - Mega Salamence
    Steven - Mega Metagross

I think if either Walrein or Glalie get a Mega Evolution for Glacia then that will almost confirm that the Elite Four members each has a Mega Evolved Pokémon to use; that would be great tbh.

Years
    Well we've got three potential members of the Elite Four having Mega Evolutions;

Sidney - Mega Absol (or Mega Shiftry if rumors are correct)
    Phoebe - Mega Sableye or Mega Banette
    Glacia - ?
    Drake - Mega Salamence
    Steven - Mega Metagross

I think if either Walrein or Glalie get a Mega Evolution for Glacia then that will almost confirm that the Elite Four members each has a Mega Evolved Pokémon to use; that would be great tbh.

The E4 each had a Mega that matched their type too, yet they didn't get Megas. I think it'll be the same here, even if a Pokemon of each of the E4 does get a Mega.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Glacia, I suppose they could give her Mega-Walrein? That is, if they're planning to introduce it (which I believe is sort of likely, considering that it's native to Hoenn and whatnot).

Years
    For Glacia, I suppose they could give her Mega-Walrein? That is, if they're planning to introduce it (which I believe is sort of likely, considering that it's native to Hoenn and whatnot).

Not sure if they'll be getting Megas. But her ace may end up being Glalie, or Froslass instead of Walrein. Froslass actually fits her better as it seems more princess like.

Years
    Since this game is nothing more than the original Game Boy Advanced game ported onto the 3DS, there isn't gonna be ANY new Gym Leaders.

The only problem, Winona needs a new roster. Since her specialty is Flying-type, and (Mega) Altaria is now Dragon/Fairy-type (Mega Altaria is real!), it needs to be replaced, so bad.

But there's not a lot of options that can replace Altaria that are in the Hoenn Dex...

Not really. She can still have Altaria, as normal Altaria is still Dragon/Flying. Plus she had the pure Dragon type Dratini and later Dragonair which she later evolved to Dragonite (Dragon/Flying) in Emerald instead of getting Dragonite from the get go, so Pokemon related to flying types seem like fair game for her. And as I said normal Altaria is still part flying.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Well the Official Website confirms that the first five Gym Leaders are the same as before:
    -Roxanne
    -Brawly
    -Wattson
    -Flannery
    -Norman

The Champion is Steven, as before, and the first two Elite Four Members are unchanged: Sidney and Phoebe. I doubt they'll change the roster really, but I really like the new gym leader designs (Their character artwork from the official website) It looks really good, I can't wait to see the character artwork for the others.

Years
    Answering the main question(s) of the topic again.

I want no one to be replaced and I think that's not gonna happen. I definitely think at least couple of them will get new clothes, that would be nice. I expect and I hope they will have a little bit stronger Pokemon than they had in regular Ruby, at least they can keep the same as they had before, maybe with addition with some new. For this Gen game I would want them to keep the same TM's for beating as they had before, but knowing Gamefreak that's going to change too.

Years
    Answering the main question(s) of the topic again.

I want no one to be replaced and I think that's not gonna happen. I definitely think at least couple of them will get new clothes, that would be nice. I expect and I hope they will have a little bit stronger Pokemon than they had in regular Ruby, at least they can keep the same as they had before, maybe with addition with some new. For this Gen game I would want them to keep the same TM's for beating as they had before, but knowing Gamefreak that's going to change too.

They sort of have to, seeing how several of the Tm's they have are no longer Tm's, and likely they won't all regain their Tm position mid generation.

I am anxious to see Winona's design. I get a feeling she may end up looking similar to Tropius...similar to how Clair's design copied Dragonair.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    ok so there is mega absol but is nobody else excited about a possibility of mega cacturne ;o;
    I think it would be great if the e4 all had megas and if they all got a bit more challenging, especially sidney, it'd be great. remember the whole 'swept by a good blaziken' thing?
    well, now there's mega blaziken. o.o so if your average player has access to that then bye bye elite four if they don't get any stronger.
    maybe if they gave sidney a spiritomb and honchkrow to block fighting types.

Years
    ok so there is mega absol but is nobody else excited about a possibility of mega cacturne ;o;
    I think it would be great if the e4 all had megas and if they all got a bit more challenging, especially sidney, it'd be great. remember the whole 'swept by a good blaziken' thing?
    well, now there's mega blaziken. o.o so if your average player has access to that then bye bye elite four if they don't get any stronger.
    maybe if they gave sidney a spiritomb and honchkrow to block fighting types.

That could work, Sidney is just too easy, literally you can destroy him with every single fighting type.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I honestly think the Gym leaders will only have Megas post games, don't think it would be fair if Roxanne and Brawly and the like doesn't have a Mega earlier right?

I hope the Elites will have Megas though, and maybe give them 2 or 3 potential ones where you'll never know which one actually would get the Mega each time you faces them, random random, I would enjoyed that challenge.

Back