• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
A Shiny Zubat (but what else is new, huh?) and a Shiny red Dusclops that I totally did not steal from the Battle Factory or anything. Who would suggest such a terrible deed? borrowed without asking from the Battle Factory. Both were found in Emerald. I found a Shiny Espeon in FireRed's Battle Tower (or whatever it's called) but I did not have a Gameshark for hard copies.

Truth is, the Zubat was the only shone I got on a hard copy.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
I ran into a shiny Gastly the first time I played FireRed, freaked out, and ended up killing it.

Then my first time playing on an emulator I caught a shiny Moltres. Hooray!

And as I was testing the hack my friends and I are making I ran into a shiny Smeargle in the Safari Zone but it ran away...

Anti

return of the king
Years
The first shiny I ran into was a shiny Wooper...in the Battle Frontier. That one stung.

My first owned shiny was a bred Trapinch, which even has a 31 IV in Attack and Speed. Not bad! I've also hatched a shiny Duskull, with terrible IVs, but yolo.

Since then, I've caught a shiny Poochyena while EV training on route 3 and a shiny Golbat on Victory Road. Using the secret ID data I was able to get from Poochyena, I (legally!) used the RNG to catch shiny Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

The only shiny I really desire is a perfect IV shiny Metagross. Why not?

All of those encounters were Emerald. I have never encountered a shiny in Ruby, Sapphire, or FR/LG. And I've been playing gen 3 for ten years.

dresden_88

Warden
Years
so far, in gen 3, I've stumbled upon 1 shiny spinda (caught it), 2 shiny ditto (failed to catch them both...le sigh), pretty sure 2 DIFFERENT versions of shiny smeargle (caught them both), aaaaaand.....1 shiny zigzagoon (failed to catch). OH! and I ended up hatching a shiny ralts :D YAY!

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Of course, I had to run into my first shiny in the place you'd never want to see one. The Safari Zone.
It was a Nidoran (M) and I did wind up catching it, though. I can tell you that finding a shiny in The Safari Zone is probably the scariest Pokemon experience. I'm just glad it wasn't a Chansey or something with a low catch rate.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Nope, no shinies for me yet >.< Congrats on your shiny though! :D

Years
I played Emerald story mode again and Rayquaza appeared to be shiny. Though, when I caught it, the name got screwed. Nicknaming it wouldn't help. I didn't use cheats or anything. Does anybody know the reason?

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
I've ran into two Gen III shinies (which also happen to be my only shinies ever)
The first one was a long time ago when I was playing Emerald and grinding my terribly underleveled Pokemon for the League- I found a Shiny Tentacool and caught it. Second one just happened the other day- I was starting a new Ruby playthrough and just got onto Route 102, I found a shiny Wurmple. I caught it- then proceeded to box it because it was a Wurmple.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
I remember finding a shiny Zangoose in Ruby. It was my only one from gen 3 and I actually still have it today.

Years
I havent found any shiny at all in III gen, even though Ive probably played it at least 1300 hours :3 However I found a shiny golbat in my gen II crystal game, and a shiny Paras in Silver. Back then I didn't know about shiny, but I liked their color so I caught them anyway :P However I reseted the file when I got bored (before I knew still they were rare) , which was a mistake :(

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
Years
the one i found in fire red soul siver and diamond was a shiny geodude but i have found a shiny hoot hoot in diamond as-well

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have found a shiny Psyduck on Emerald. I didn't think much of it and thought it was just an ordinary Psyduck that was blue. I didn't even know how valuable shinies were at the time, with me being young and clueless back in the day, and deleted my save file before realising too late that I had a shiny Psyduck.

Years
Yup, it was all the way back in Ruby. A female, Serious nature Duskull caught at Mt. Pyre. The red color actually looks nice on her I have to say, so she's pretty special in my eyes in that she was unexpected.

Back