• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Network

A classic from 1976 about an enraged news anchor who announces he's going to kill himself in front of a massive audience. I was a bit disappointed the movie's most iconic scene appears a short bit after the first hour in, but it's really intense once you watch it. I often admitted my depressed state heavily echoed some scenes in this movie (I once tried to kill myself when I had massive conflicts with my brother), but still it's a pretty good movie nonetheless.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Watched Frozen yesterday, I give it a 9/10. It was sooo adorable, just not the movie of the year quality I thought it would have. I'd definitely watch it a few times in a row, though, it was that good.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Human Centipede 2

I think my standards are getting pretty high for shock value because I wasn't as shocked as I though I would be. Well... I do spend my time watching tons of movies so I pretty much got used to the whole thing. But yhey do have some scenes that made me cringe. I reaaallyyy wanna tell which scenes bothered me the most, but right now I'm on my phone and too lazy to include spoulers in this post :P
    So if a disturbing and grotesque movie is something you feel like watching right now, I'd say watch Human Centipede 1 and 2. It'll make Saw and Hostel look like Carebears.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • V/H/S/2 (it was on Sky movies late one night and I was bored so I thought "wtf not?").

It was.. eh. The premise is that a male and female investigator are looking for a missing student and go into some old abandoned house for leads, they find a room filled with TVs and old VHS tapes (for anyone under the age of 16, they're like big, square DVDs with worse quality), and start to watch some of them. They're essentially a collection of short films.

The first was probably the best, it was about some guy who got a camera implanted into his eye and he starts seeing spirits around his home. The second was about a guy who gets attacked by zombies and becomes a zombie himself (interesting to see a film showing things from the zombie's POV for a change), though if it was supposed to be horror/scary it failed because it came across as a parody of zombie flicks and had a few LOL moments - intentionally or otherwise. The third was about some cult, idk, I started losing interest at this point. As soon as the fourth came on and it was revealed it was about alien abductions I stopped watching.

I think V/H/S/2 is trying to be a Blair Witch-style found footage horror film, but it doesn't seem to take itself seriously? Either way, whether it's trying to be a horror or a homage to horror or a B-Movie style send-up, it never really succeeds.

Years
  • I just finished watching Monsters University, after not having watched a movie since Christmas or so. I haven't seen the original since around the time it came out, so I probably missed out on a few of the callbacks to it, but I really enjoyed this one, and'll probably watch it again after I get another chance to see Monsters Inc.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • "The Nut Job" for me it was 10/10!

I didn't expect to love the movie as much as I did, but I did. It's so funny.

Years
  • I saw Transcendence today.

The trailer might let this movie down in the box office in all honesty. The complexity of the characters emotions and moral dilemmas posed make it worth a watch. It does have a bit of action as it gets towards the end but it's not like the sci-fi movies that are nothing but ridiculously badass weaponry but no plot. The characters are played perfectly, the plotline is great and the effects when needed are pretty good too. 10/10

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • American Beauty

so, I just saw this for the first time and I think it's the absolute best film I've ever seen. the sarcasm and quick-witted dialogue in the beginning is hilarious. there's a ton of characters, and every single one of them is vital to the plot, and never does it feel overwhelming. it morphs from a comedy to a drama, and then from a drama to a tragedy. in the beginning of the film I was laughing hysterically; by the end I was nearly crying. absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing breathtaking. everyone should watch.

Years
  • I last watched "The Swan Princess" because I loved it as a kid, but I can't say I feel the same about it now. Would give it maybe a 6/10. It's not horrible, but I am not as crazy about it now as I was when I was little. As with many other movies, too. Some are still just as enjoyable, though. :3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Trying to remember what I last watched is difficult, I think it was House at the End of the Street which is a good thriller.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    High School Musical 3.
    We ran out of worthwhile things to do in theater tech many, many weeks ago.

Years
  • Monsters Vs. Aliens

I have to admit I love the plot of this movie, the characters are kinda quirky for a stereotypical animated film by Dreamworks. They do some pretty cool movies I'm telling ya. I love how the lead protagonist, Susan aka Ginormica brings a positive message that you just have to be yourself.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I think my standards are getting pretty high for shock value because I wasn't as shocked as I though I would be
    Maybe since you knew what you were getting into?

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
    Pretty decent animation but the last 30 or so mins is the high point. I just don't get why Ghibli is so praised.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • A History of Violence

Rotten Tomatoes talked about this movie for a long time ago so I ended up watching this.

Viggo Mortensen is great in this thriller drama.

10/19

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    The winter soldier... it's my favorite comic book arc, and the movie delivered. 8.5/10

Gonna watch the good, the bad, and the ugly soon... that movie is perfect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back