• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Connection to Mega Evolution. Not Primal Reversion. Lol. But yeah, Mega Rayquaza could become a thing.

Yeah, that's what I meant haha. But either way I think if Kyogre & Groudon get Primals, then Rayquaza will get something relevant with it being part of the trio.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, that's what I meant haha. But either way I think if Kyogre & Groudon get Primals, then Rayquaza will get something relevant with it being part of the trio.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't they hint towards Primal-Rayquaza in one of their scans before? That's a good thing, in my opinion; if Kyogre and Groudon winds up getting these forms, it would seem sort of imbalanced to leave Rayquaza out, as they make up a trio and whatnot.

I'm kind of interested to see what ability it would be getting, and also what stat boosts.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega Kangashan use Return.

If Mega Gallade is base 100. Plus the turn it takes to Mega.....MegaMom still wins...

That's true.

The unknown Mega could possibly be connected to both water and Ground to fit in with the evil groups both appearing together in the demo. Maybe it'll be Mega Quagsire...or even better Mega Gastrodon.

^ The ability may be Sky of Change

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If I'm not mistaken, didn't they hint towards Primal-Rayquaza in one of their scans before? That's a good thing, in my opinion; if Kyogre and Groudon winds up getting these forms, it would seem sort of imbalanced to leave Rayquaza out, as they make up a trio and whatnot.

I'm kind of interested to see what ability it would be getting, and also what stat boosts.

They probably have, the fact that Rayquaza actually features in this issue and also in reference to next issue looks hopeful for the next months edition.

Years
  • Mega Slowbro wrecks alot if the current Megas
    Mega Gallade:Lol
    Mega Camerupt: LOL
    Mega Sharpedo:Might win, but grass knot might kill first
    Mega Salamence: Ice beam
    Mega Altaria: Ice beam
    Mega Lopunny:Lel
    Mega Sceptile:I think Ice beam will still OHKO
    Mega Swampert:Might stand a chance, unless burned with Scald
    Mega Metagross:^
    Mega Diancie: Might possibly win, but likey lose.
    Mega Audino:Whats Audino gonna do?

I think that's it. Seems like a pretty solid check to any new Mega Pokenon

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I really like Mega Gallade, though I hate that they gave him to Wally... Cool Pokémon should go to cool characters!

I think these new Megas are good. I don't remember Sharpedo having a lot of fang moves besides Crunch and possibly Ice Fang. If his Speed isn't much increased, it's a bit of a nerf since Sharpedo's HA was the incredibly useful Speed Boost.

Sheer Force should be useful on Camerupt, but his Speed is quite bad. And his typing has only two weaknesses but not very good ones (4x to Water and 2x to Ground).

I'm expecting the Camerupt Mega Stone to be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire and the Sharpedo Mega Stone to be exclusive to Omega Ruby.

I really hope other generations get this kind of treatment in the future. There are still a few possible cool Megas in Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh Dexes, not to mention Unova only has one currently and Kalos will take a while to have Megas.

EDIT: Kalos has Diancie. Stupid me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wait, Do you fight team Aqua in Ruby? O honestly forget. If you fight team Aqua in Alpha sapphire, then Sharpedos mega stone should be in AS.

Also, Mega Camerupt is fast on Trick Room teams xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Wait, Do you fight team Aqua in Ruby? O honestly forget. If you fight team Aqua in Alpha sapphire, then Sharpedos mega stone should be in AS.
    You fight Magma in Ruby, Aqua in Sapphire.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • But you know GF doesn't think like that... Houndoom is available in X, but its Mega Stone is available in Y. The reverse with Manectric.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Yeah, I'm gonna weigh in here. At first I was pretty disappointed with Mega Camerupt. Its official art just looks too cartoony for me. Its basically a cone with four hooves sticking out of the bottom (and, yes, I get the volcano reference, but it still looks weird). However, the new video has certainly softened me up towards it.

Mega Sharpedo, though, looks great. I wonder what happened to the teeth on the side of its snout, though. They show them in the official artwork, but not the video preview. Anyway, I hope they release a patch for X and Y to obtain these mega evolutions. I recently trained up a Sharpedo in my Y version and it would be awesome to have it as a mega.

Mega Gallade is also pretty sweet. I'm so glad they kept it Psychic/Fighting instead of shoving Fairy type in there (like they have with so many others). Keep Fairy/Fighting for a new Pokémon altogether, don't throw it away on a mega for an already existing one. I felt the same way about Grass/Dragon.

One more thing, though. They seriously need to release more Unova Megas. I have too much faith in Game Freak/Pokémon to believe that they would only have ONE Pokémon from the Unova region mega evolve, let alone have that one Pokémon be Audino of all things.

Plus, Hoenn Pokémon already had a lion's share of the megas that were introduced in X and Y, and they've already introduced enough new ones for ORAS. Time to bring in some other regions' Pokémon. I'm hoping for Mega Beartic, Mega Swanna, and, just to piss some people off, Mega Garbodor. Plus, Mega Johto Starters, please!!

Last edited:

Years
  • Yeah, I'm gonna weigh in here. At first I was pretty disappointed with Mega Camerupt. Its official art just looks too cartoony for me. Its basically a cone with four hooves sticking out of the bottom (and, yes, I get the volcano reference, but it still looks weird). However, the new video has certainly softened me up towards it.

Mega Sharpedo, though, looks great. I wonder what happened to the teeth on the side of its snout, though. They show them in the official artwork, but not the video preview. Anyway, I hope they release a patch for X and Y to obtain these mega evolutions. I recently trained up a Sharpedo in my Y version and it would be awesome to have it as a mega.

Mega Gallade is also pretty sweet. I'm so glad they kept it Psychic/Fighting instead of shoving Fairy type in there (like they have with so many others). Keep Fairy/Fighting for a new Pokémon altogether, don't throw it away on a mega for an already existing one. I felt the same way about Grass/Dragon.

One more thing, though. They seriously need to release more Unova Megas. I have too much faith in Game Freak/Pokémon to believe that they would only have ONE Pokémon from the Unova region mega evolve, let alone have that one Pokémon be Audino of all things.

Plus, Hoenn Pokémon already had a lion's share of the megas that were introduced in X and Y, and they've already introduced enough new ones for ORAS. Time to bring in some other regions' Pokémon. I'm hoping for Mega Beartic, Mega Swanna, and, just to piss some people off, Mega Garbodor. Plus, Mega Johto Starters, please!!

It may be the only one, like a preview of what is to come in Z or sequels.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Does anyone else get the feeling that, because of their inclusion in the promo videos, Dusknoir and Shiftry are now shoe-ins to get mega evolutions?

Sirfetch’d

Does anyone else get the feeling that, because of their inclusion in the promo videos, Dusknoir and Shiftry are now shoe-ins to get mega evolutions?

Idk if that is necessarily the case, but definitely a possibility. If Shiftry were to get one though, I'm assuming Ludicolo would too for balance. If they were to give each Elite 4 member's strongest Pokemon a mega evo, it would make sense for Pheobe to have a Mega Dusknoir(since she will likely have evolved at least one of her Dusclops). At least imo haha.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • "Mega Gallade"
    Finally!
    "Looks like this"
    Spoiler:

Wow, that's really cool! I'd love to use that!
    "Its ability is Inner Focus."
    WHY

I'll still use one, though.

Years
  • Idk if that is necessarily the case, but definitely a possibility. If Shiftry were to get one though, I'm assuming Ludicolo would too for balance. If they were to give each Elite 4 member's strongest Pokemon a mega evo, it would make sense for Pheobe to have a Mega Dusknoir(since she will likely have evolved at least one of her Dusclops). At least imo haha.
    Yeah, plus Dusclops is Banette's counterpart. While Banette sadly didn't get a normal evolution chances are Dusknoir will get one with them being version exclusive Megas. Actually if Banettite is in Sapphire along with Sableyite, while Dusknoite is in Ruby along with Mawilite it'll mean they'll have one new Mega and one old Mega exclusive respectively.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back