• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Well the next Mega special says that there is a monolith in Hoenn holding the secrets to Mega Evolution. My guess is it may be in the games, especially since Rayquaza is going to be appearing in the special and it is said to be connected to Mega evolution in these games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • With only one two more issues between the release, I'd say only four more Mega Evolutions are expected (including the one revealed in the demo). Assuming we get a further 3 Mega Evolutions revealed in next months or Novembers issue since that's how they've been revealing them, then that would probably be it for the ORAS Megas. The remaning issue would probably focus on the remaining Gym Leaders and features that have yet to been revealed.

As for the Mega Evolutions, I'm expecting Mega Shiftry, Mega Ludicolo, Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic. At a push I'd say Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, but there hasn't been much to go by really.

Oh and of course we will probaly get Primal Rayquaza to tie in with Primal Kyogre & Groudon too.

Years
  • With only one two more issues between the release, I'd say only four more Mega Evolutions are expected (including the one revealed in the demo). Assuming we get a further 3 Mega Evolutions revealed in next months or Novembers issue since that's how they've been revealing them, then that would probably be it for the ORAS Megas. The remaning issue would probably focus on the remaining Gym Leaders and features that have yet to been revealed.

As for the Mega Evolutions, I'm expecting Mega Shiftry, Mega Ludicolo, Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic. At a push I'd say Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper, but there hasn't been much to go by really.

Oh and of course we will probaly get Primal Rayquaza to tie in with Primal Kyogre & Groudon too.

I hope there'll be more than the ones they show us in corocoro. I'll like to discover some like in XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very much looking forward to Mega-Flygon. I know that they've introduced two dragon-type megas already, but that doesn't mean they can't release one more. It's a very popular Pokémon in general, especially in competitive side, so it'd be sort of unwise for them had they missed out.

Same goes for Mega-Ludicolo; looking forward to it as well!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I seriously think we need more Johto megas. We haven't seen one Johto Pokémon get a mega for ORAS. After watching Tyranitartube's video on the subject, I think that both Kingdra and Lanturn get my vote for Johto Pokémon that most deserve mega evolutions. I also think it would be wise to give Skarmory, Xatu, and maybe even Jumpluff mega evolutions as well.

Years
  • I seriously think we need more Johto megas. We haven't seen one Johto Pokémon get a mega for ORAS. After watching Tyranitartube's video on the subject, I think that both Kingdra and Lanturn get my vote for Johto Pokémon that most deserve mega evolutions. I also think it would be wise to give Skarmory, Xatu, and maybe even Jumpluff mega evolutions as well.
    What kind of ability do you think will match a Mega Jumpluff best?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Mega Weavile is already a monster. Frial but a hard hitter. I can see it getting boasts all across the boards with more focus towards Speed and its attacks. I can't imagine that they will give it a considerable boosts to Defenses. They will probably be minimal. Besides Weavile's best move via Level Up is Dark Pulse, and its Sp.Atk is so piss poor.

Ability....Snow Cloak? It already has a sneaky and evasive nature. It can learn Double Team via Level Up and since it is frail having it hard to hit will be hard to beat. It'll be useful for Snow teams too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm still waiting for Mega Raichu, Mega Wigglytuff, Mega Krookodile, Mega Chandelure, and Mega Hydreigon to be a thing.

Mega Weavile isn't such a bad idea either, but I fear it won't be used to its fullest potential due to lacking any strong physical Ice and Dark moves.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm still waiting for Mega Raichu, Mega Wigglytuff, Mega Krookodile, Mega Chandelure, and Mega Hydreigon to be a thing.

Mega Weavile isn't such a bad idea either, but I fear it won't be used to its fullest potential due to lacking any strong physical Ice and Dark moves.

Mega Hydregion for Fairy immunity anyone xD. That'll be banned very quickly. :p

But Weavile's strongest physical Dark and Ice STABs are via Egg Moves only. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega Hydregion for Fairy immunity anyone xD. That'll be banned very quickly. :p

Yeah, I could definitely agree. It doesn't need any immunity, actually; all it does need, I believe, is some stat boosts, and its usage would skyrocket back to the way it was prior to introduction of fairy-types. I'd like it if it were to gain raise in Special Attack stat, personally, since it's more useful in that particular aspect. Alongside, Speed stat increase would also be nice, and maybe also a bit of Defense and Special Defense.

Years
  • Well okay Pickpocket on a Mega will be even dumber than anything else, so yeah, chances are they won't give a Mega Weavile that.

I've gotten like half of the Megas of Gen III I wanted to see. Now only Flygon, Milotic, Minun, Plusle, Exploud, Huntail, and Gorebyss remain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back