• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • One example of a Pokemon I wanna see get a Mega Evolution would be Raticate. Rattata and Raticate have always been somewhat of a nuisance, but to give Raticate a Mega would be awesome, especially if they made it bigger and more menacing and maybe even changed it's type. It knows a lot of Dark-type moves, so having its Mega be a Dark-type would make sense to me (I would say Normal and Dark, but the 4x weakness to Fighting-types would be a bummer if that were the case).

Just would like to mention that although it is outclassed by other Normal type Guts users in NU, Raticate does have a place in the competitive metagame where it can shine brightly, and if used correctly, has the potential into a force to be reckoned with. It would be cool to see a Dark type Mega for the critter, though. Would probably boost its usefulness a lot more than its Sucker Punch niche currently does. Would also make its main priority attack STAB!

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    Years
  • Just would like to mention that although it is outclassed by other Normal type Guts users in NU, Raticate does have a place in the competitive metagame where it can shine brightly, and if used correctly, has the potential into a force to be reckoned with. It would be cool to see a Dark type Mega for the critter, though. Would probably boost its usefulness a lot more than its Sucker Punch niche currently does. Would also make its main priority attack STAB!

I agree that it has the potential to be a force to be reckoned with as it is, but I hardly ever see them used competitively (maybe it's just me), even though they are extremely common in the wild. So, as you mentioned, making it a Dark-type would definitely give it a boost to its Sucker Punch niche, in addition to making it's more powerful Dark-type moves like Crunch even deadlier. Plus, I think there are many great things they could do with its design. Don't really know what Ability they would give to Mega Raticate to replace Guts...maybe Adaptability, Huge Power, or Speed Boost?

Years
  • True, it isn't commonly used outside of NU, which in itself isn't a very popular tier, haha. Raticate does receive a plethora of Dark-type moves that would greatly benefit from the STAB boost if its Mega was given that typing, indeed. I could see it getting bigger, maybe longer and less pudgy and stout; large fangs, and maybe a thicker layer of fur as well. Technician would make Mega Raticate quite deadly! Let's assume its attack stat gets a buff, and then factor in the STAB-priority-Technician boosts, Quick Attack makes me fidget in my chair just talking about it, yikes.

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    Years
  • That's what I was thinking, rats are quite adept at adapting to harsh environments, so Adaptability would fit it nicely. But, I also agree that Technician would be devastating in that its weaker moves like Quick Attack would be powered up in addition to getting the STAB boost from its Dark-type moves, making it an all-around powerhouse! As far as its design goes, I would also like to see it get bigger and less pudgy, with its fangs and whiskers growing larger. And with it gaining the Dark-type, I expect it's fur to change color with its main coat becoming black and the fur around its belly and whiskers being more of a grayish color and to top it all off, it should have piercing, bright yellow eyes, making Mega Raticate a very menacing Pokemon indeed!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That's what I was thinking, rats are quite adept at adapting to harsh environments, so Adaptability would fit it nicely. But, I also agree that Technician would be devastating in that its weaker moves like Quick Attack would be powered up in addition to getting the STAB boost from its Dark-type moves, making it an all-around powerhouse! As far as its design goes, I would also like to see it get bigger and less pudgy, with its fangs and whiskers growing larger. And with it gaining the Dark-type, I expect it's fur to change color with its main coat becoming black and the fur around its belly and whiskers being more of a grayish color and to top it all off, it should have piercing, bright yellow eyes, making Mega Raticate a very menacing Pokemon indeed!
    According to my calculations Technician Quick attack will be 90, while Adaptability quick attack will be 80, so you're right it would make for a stronger quick attack.

If it's fur changes color it maybe it'll change to brown to resemble the Coypu/Nutria. He's a strange suggestion, but what if Mega Raticate ends up being Normal/Water? It does have the strange ability to swim (maybe because it may be partially based on the Nutria) and has webbed toes. Of course it may also not be. I rather it be Normal/Dark myself.

Years
  • Do any of you guys think there's actually a chance that Game Freak creates a Mega Raticate, or for that matter, any Mega evolution for a non-Hoenn Pokemon in ORAS? Yes, Mega Diancie is not of Hoenn origin, but that may well be the only exception, because of the movie coming out this summer starring the Rock/Fairy type, as well as to get it good publicity as an event-mon. I would be surprised if any other Pokemon not from Hoenn received Megas, at least in these games. In future generations, it's obviously possible.

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • There is a pretty extensive list that I want to have, but I noticed that they seem to be only mega evolving all the popular pokes. Which I get and all, but I feel like there are some pokes that need some more attention!!! I wish I would've known of PC, and read some of the posts here before making my top 5 video. Would've changed up the list a bit.

Anyways here is the video explaining why I thought some pokes needed mega evos, and my reasoning why
    Spoiler:

BUT! here is the list in full if you don't wanna hear my reasoning and long explanation video haha
    Spoiler:

Do any of you guys think there's actually a chance that Game Freak creates a Mega Raticate, or for that matter, any Mega evolution for a non-Hoenn Pokemon in ORAS? Yes, Mega Diancie is not of Hoenn origin, but that may well be the only exception, because of the movie coming out this summer starring the Rock/Fairy type, as well as to get it good publicity as an event-mon. I would be surprised if any other Pokemon not from Hoenn received Megas, at least in these games. In future generations, it's obviously possible.

I sure hope they will. Raticate is pretty under appreciated in my opinion. He has a pretty decent move pool and I might be able to make him shine in my Nuzlocke since I ended up with one in the first route. And, I think they would? I mean with the release of X & Y they gave us mega Scizor and such. They will probably hit the pokemon that they find are popular among pokefans honestly (which I wish/hope isn't the case). It would be kind of foolish not to release non-Hoenn megas to quench the thirst of the die hard fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
  • There is a pretty extensive list that I want to have, but I noticed that they seem to be only mega evolving all the popular pokes. Which I get and all, but I feel like there are some pokes that need some more attention!!! I wish I would've known of PC, and read some of the posts here before making my top 5 video. Would've changed up the list a bit.

Anyways here is the video explaining why I thought some pokes needed mega evos, and my reasoning why
    Spoiler:

BUT! here is the list in full if you don't wanna hear my reasoning and long explanation video haha
    Spoiler:

I noticed in your video that you had increases for the HP stat, but chances are they proably won't give Mega HP boosts as none of the Kalos ones did, possibly because it'll be difficult to do so in the middle of battle (?) or GF simply doesn't want to. Anyways that fake Mega Zangoose and Kingler look awesome. I want to see their Megas look like those.

I hope that some do, if not it'll mean no Gen V Megas until 'Z'. If they don't then I hope that the Gen I and Gen II pokemon native to Hoenn at least get Megas instead of just Gen III pokemon.

Years
  • TurboHammer, please don't double post (post more than once in a row). We've had to merge several of your posts due to that already. Next time, use the multiquote button to quote more than one post at once! Thank you. :]

But oh my.. Raticate. As one of the most forgotten Pokemon it would be cool to get a mega for it as well as Linoone, Furret, etc.. but that might be wishful thinking. I'm not expecting many non-Hoenn megas.

TurboHammer

Turbo
    Years
  • TurboHammer, please don't double post (post more than once in a row). We've had to merge several of your posts due to that already. Next time, use the multiquote button to quote more than one post at once! Thank you. :]

But oh my.. Raticate. As one of the most forgotten Pokemon it would be cool to get a mega for it as well as Linoone, Furret, etc.. but that might be wishful thinking. I'm not expecting many non-Hoenn megas.

Multiquote @ . @ {D:}
    I'm so new to forums it hurts hahaha. I didn't even think of such things. Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea haha.

I noticed in your video that you had increases for the HP stat, but chances are they proably won't give Mega HP boosts as none of the Kalos ones did, possibly because it'll be difficult to do so in the middle of battle (?) or GF simply doesn't want to. Anyways that fake Mega Zangoose and Kingler look awesome. I want to see their Megas look like those.

I hope that some do, if not it'll mean no Gen V Megas until 'Z'. If they don't then I hope that the Gen I and Gen II pokemon native to Hoenn at least get Megas instead of just Gen III pokemon.
    That makes sense...I didn't even think of that- probably and forgot... LOL. It would be pretty gimmicky to do so mid battle you're right... It would be easier to just invest in defenses to balance- you right you right, but it would be pretty cool haha. Giving an HP boost could help with taking next hits and such, and could be a pretty interesting thing if they made one with some kind of HUGE HP boost.

Yeah I wonder when Z is gonna be announced. Then again whenever GF releases their remakes They don't really release anything EXTREMELY new and game changing. Just maybe nice little touch ups. So it could be a long wait to see new megas...

Years
  • I think there will be more Megas from 1st 2nd 4th gens because most of the Mega Evolutions we have are from the 3rd gen so i think we'll get......

Mega Kingdra(for Juan)
    Mega Yanmega(cause why not)
    Mega 4th gen starters(cause again why not)

Years
  • I can't imagine the Gen. IV starters receiving Megas until Gen. VII or DPPt remakes, but that might just be me @_@

As for having any non-Hoenn Dex Megas appear (aside from Mega Diancie), I'd like to say it is possible because of Mega Blaziken being obtainable despite Torchic not being native to Kalos, but Torchic, like Diancie, was an event Pokemon, so it doesn't count. It's still possible that Pokemon in the regional Pokedex will receive Megas; there's also a chance that Gen. IV evos. could receive one if their pre-evo. is native to Hoenn (Mega Gallade, anyone?). I'm somewhat hopeful that Pokemon that don't fit one of the two aforementioned traits will receive Mega Evos. in ORAS, but there's no way to tell 'til the info. is revealed or the games come out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think there will be more Megas from 1st 2nd 4th gens because most of the Mega Evolutions we have are from the 3rd gen so i think we'll get......

Mega Kingdra(for Juan)
    Mega Yanmega(cause why not)
    Mega 4th gen starters(cause again why not)

Again, I would not count on any Gym Leader getting a Mega Evolution unless they are like Korrina. And Juan may not even be in these games. Though it is still possible, but there is a chance.

I don't see them giving any of the pokemon from Sinnoh Evolutions getting a Mega, at least not yet. To me, it is almost liek most of the evolutions in Sinnoh for older pokemon were suppose to be mega or were the original concept. Though Yanmega is only a 1st stage evo. Would be nice if he became a Bug/Dragon.

I don't know if we will get 4th Gen Mega yet, unless we get them after with finish the Hoenn Dex.

We should be getting corocoro soon. I kinda hope it is really early like it was last month.

EthanAG

To say since my favorite Pokemon of Gen 3 was Sableye im hoping that it really gets a Mega! Anyways at least its coming in November from what i read

Years
  • Again, I would not count on any Gym Leader getting a Mega Evolution unless they are like Korrina. And Juan may not even be in these games. Though it is still possible, but there is a chance.

I don't see them giving any of the pokemon from Sinnoh Evolutions getting a Mega, at least not yet. To me, it is almost liek most of the evolutions in Sinnoh for older pokemon were suppose to be mega or were the original concept. Though Yanmega is only a 1st stage evo. Would be nice if he became a Bug/Dragon.

I don't know if we will get 4th Gen Mega yet, unless we get them after with finish the Hoenn Dex.

We should be getting corocoro soon. I kinda hope it is really early like it was last month.

Well it has been suggested that they could add in Roserade and other evolutionary relatives to the dex. If GF did that we may see Mega Gallade, Mega Magnezone, Mega Probopass, Mega Roserade, Mega Dusknor, Mega Rhyperior, and/or Mega Froslass (and Mega Glalie if so).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah they will add pre evo and evos of pokemon who are from Hoenn as those you mention are. One thing I have yet to see anyone mention is Mega Muk. Muk used to be one of my favorite pokemon, but now it really isn't. And I think you can catch a Grimer where you catch a Torkoal.

Years
  • I can't imagine the Gen. IV starters receiving Megas until Gen. VII or DPPt remakes, but that might just be me @_@

I think they'll have Megas for the 4th gen staters is because in previous gens they've given you 2 starters (3 in x and y) more than likly you'll get 2 starts in ORAS aswell and the second starter you'll get is the 4th gen starters, they have never been redistributed outside there original games like the gen 1 starters is x and y and 2nd gen starters in emerald.

@Iceman I agree gym leaders may not get megas (wishful thinking) but I doe think that the 4th gen will get more megas

Years
  • I think they'll have Megas for the 4th gen staters is because in previous gens they've given you 2 starters (3 in x and y) more than likly you'll get 2 starts in ORAS aswell and the second starter you'll get is the 4th gen starters, they have never been redistributed outside there original games like the gen 1 starters is x and y and 2nd gen starters in emerald.

I do agree that there's a chance of being able to receive the 4th gen. starters in ORAS, especially since you could choose one of the Johto ones for completing the Kanto Dex in FRLG and one of the Kanto starters PLUS one of the Hoenn ones after beating Red in HGSS. Like the aforementioned starters, they would likely be available at some point post-game. That being said, I still can't see them getting Megas yet. The Kanto starters were fan faves (nostalgia reasons and whatnot), which is likely why they received Megas and were handed out early on in XY. (Handing them out early also allowed people to utilize Mega Evolution if they didn't want to use Lucario.) The Hoenn starters got Megas because they're the starters in the upcoming remakes. If this pattern is followed, it's probable the Sinnoh starters won't receive Megas until much later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back