• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Ummm..hello...I'm Indigo,its very nice to meet everyone. Um, I guess I'm here to introduce myself but I have no clue where to start.~_~"

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Um... a nuzlocke is a challenge which has two rules, you can catch only the first pokemon you encountered in each area, and if a pokemon fainted it is considered dead and must be released, there are different versions now (such as wedlocke) and depending on how hard you want the challenge to be is how many rules are applied, some people refuse to use items (heals, repels, elixirs,etc.) and others may not use the pokemon center. Theres a website dedicated to it literally called nuzlocke.com, and it tells you the history of it........

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys! My name is TurtwigTv and i am a poketuber with 750 subscribers looking to make new friends :D
    Welcome to tPC! If you want to showcase some videos, you can post them in this thread and if your videos met the criteria for Let's Plays you can head over to that section and try to get some followers from our community there :3 Good luck!

Hello everyone! As you can see I am TopoftheFlops. The reason I picked that name was because Whenever me and my friends play Raving Rabbids TV Party, they would ban that event cuz I was so good at it. That and its a quirky name :P

Anyway I am new to the whole pokemon metagameing. I loved pokemon when I was younger and played the Gameboy Color FireRed, but never got into the forums and such. Now I am working on my first own hack and playing around on Pokemon Showdown. My favorite pokemon are Empoleon and Tyranitar.

If anyone wants to talk about hacking, battle strategies, or wants to battle just message me!
    Welcome to tPC! It sure is a quirky name, so people might remember it well which is good :3 I hope you'll have a good time around the forum.

Ummm..hello...I'm Indigo,its very nice to meet everyone. Um, I guess I'm here to introduce myself but I have no clue where to start.~_~"

Um... a nuzlocke is a challenge which has two rules, you can catch only the first pokemon you encountered in each area, and if a pokemon fainted it is considered dead and must be released, there are different versions now (such as wedlocke) and depending on how hard you want the challenge to be is how many rules are applied, some people refuse to use items (heals, repels, elixirs,etc.) and others may not use the pokemon center. Theres a website dedicated to it literally called nuzlocke.com, and it tells you the history of it........
    Just try to post around in threads that interest you and you'll find people to talk to in no time :3 you don't need an invitation to participate in discussions. Just jump right in! Or VM (visitor message) someone on their profile, although it helps if you have seen them around for a bit so that you're not a complete stranger, haha. Good luck!

And a Nuzlocke is sort of that, yeah. Sometimes you can add more rules to make the playthrough more challenging. But a basic one I also thought you always had to apply is that you need to nickname your pokémon. Possibly to make it more sad when they faint ;; Anyways, it's a cool challenge and I love the comics people have made from them.

Years
  • Ummm..hello...I'm Indigo,its very nice to meet everyone. Um, I guess I'm here to introduce myself but I have no clue where to start.~_~"

Awesome to meet you Indigo! As our good Doctor said herself, it's recommended you jump into whatever discussions and/or topics tickle your fancy, and interacting with fellow members can help you settle into the community better. I'm always open for a visitor message if you are ever interested in a chat or something!

Hi~ welcome aboard! Wasn't a bad start xp

Hello there to you too Sushi! Great to see you, and from what I've read it appears you have been on here before, as a roleplayer if I recall? Even though you changed your interest a bit, I'm sure you'll still love the community just as much as you did back in the day. I'll catch you around and don't hesitate to leave me a visitor message!

Years
  • Hello um I was trying to figure out how to make my own hacked rom and i was told to come here and ask someone to for help. im not really use to forums... but if someone can talk to me or send me in the right direction to get going i'll really appreciate it :P

Years
  • Heyo, new guy here. Just saying "Hello". Hoping this is a good resource to make friends to trade with and battle in X and OR or AS whenever I get around to ordering it. XD
    If anyone wants my friend code, shoot me a PM.
    -Cinn

"Hello um I was trying to figure out how to make my own hacked rom and i was told to come here and ask someone to for help. im not really use to forums... but if someone can talk to me or send me in the right direction to get going i'll really appreciate it." -redshadow6892

I do have an idea on this one. I saw an excellent video on this. I'll go search for it, and PM it to you as soon as I can.
    -Cinn

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hello um I was trying to figure out how to make my own hacked rom and i was told to come here and ask someone to for help. im not really use to forums... but if someone can talk to me or send me in the right direction to get going i'll really appreciate it :P

Hi there, Red! If you'd like to learn more about hacks I'd recommend the Beginner's Lounge, though it looks like you've found it already. Unfortunately it'll be difficult to find someone who can teach you the ins and outs of hacking since our hackers are busy but that's what the Tools, Tutorials & Resources forum is for. :) Why not stop by there and check some guides? I don't hack sadly so I can't help out, but there are others who can!

Heyo, new guy here. Just saying "Hello". Hoping this is a good resource to make friends to trade with and battle in X and OR or AS whenever I get around to ordering it. XD
    If anyone wants my friend code, shoot me a PM.
    -Cinn

"Hello um I was trying to figure out how to make my own hacked rom and i was told to come here and ask someone to for help. im not really use to forums... but if someone can talk to me or send me in the right direction to get going i'll really appreciate it." -redshadow6892

I do have an idea on this one. I saw an excellent video on this. I'll go search for it, and PM it to you as soon as I can.
    -Cinn

Hiya Cinn! Just letting you know I merged your double posts as we generally don't allow posting more than once in a row. If no one has posted after you we recommend you use the edit button to add more.

But yes, this is indeed an awesome forum for pretty much anything. Trading and battling are especially popular. OR/AS are amazing too so I hope you can get those sometime, I have 270 hours poured into Alpha Sapphire right now. 8D

Years
  • Um... a nuzlocke is a challenge which has two rules, you can catch only the first pokemon you encountered in each area, and if a pokemon fainted it is considered dead and must be released, there are different versions now (such as wedlocke) and depending on how hard you want the challenge to be is how many rules are applied, some people refuse to use items (heals, repels, elixirs,etc.) and others may not use the pokemon center. Theres a website dedicated to it literally called nuzlocke.com, and it tells you the history of it........

Oh thats cool I should try that some time!

Infamy

Also known as ShinySigma
    Years
  • I already made a thread and everything, but I thought I'd just stop by here and say hi!

So yeah uhhhhh, hi, what's up guys? It's nice to meet you all. :D

Years
  • Hello, Im new here planning to start a game based on pokemon roms

Hello there d4rk! If you are looking to get started on learning how to hack we have the Beginner's Lounge in the ROM Hacking boards. Our skilled hack experts are always willing to answer any questions you have, and from there you can look in Tools & Resources for resources you can use when making your hack.

Sadly, my little knowledge in hacks means I'm of pretty much no assistance, but that's where the resident mods, Spherical Ice and Christos come in! Don't hesitate to ask them if you ever have questions about the ROM Hacking section, and anyways good luck to you and your hacking endeavors!

Years
  • Is this against the rules if I ask people for skype usernames? I live for skype... I'm also new owo
    i hack and sprite... just not pokemon haha still lurb the series thoo

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2015
    Hi, all. I'm Lea. I'm here mainly because I would like to do some modding. I have some ideas I think would be cool. Anyway, that's me. Got it memorized?

Years
  • -flies in-

Uh, hi. I'm new here, and I like pokémon owo' (LOL YOU DON'T SAY?)
    I want to stay were because it looks a very cool site
    (Sorry for the bad english, I'm Brazilian)

Hi there Umbreon! We're definitely a cool community, hope you enjoy it here. :')

Is this against the rules if I ask people for skype usernames? I live for skype... I'm also new owo
    i hack and sprite... just not pokemon haha still lurb the series thoo

You're free to ask through private messages and the like but we also have a PokeCommunity Skype Directory here if you want to take a look and add your handle. It's a pretty small directory though and a lot of people haven't included theirs (myself included) since I don't want to publicize it unless it's to someone I know at least a little. Good luck! And welcome again. ♥

Hi, all. I'm Lea. I'm here mainly because I would like to do some modding. I have some ideas I think would be cool. Anyway, that's me. Got it memorized?

Hi there Lea, welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot with modding here given its popularity so much luck and enjoy, hope we'll see you around often.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back