• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
  • I don't even know. I stopped watching at some obscure episode. Someday I'll just rewatch the entire thing.

Years
  • I watched the first ep of Nichijou with my boyfriend and he didn't want to continue since the art style was too "girly" for him ahaha. But it didn't interest me much either so idk if I'll watch it myself.

Watamote and Nozaki-kun though.. amaaazing

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Someday I'll watch Nichijou and Watamote.

The only 2 things I remember about Nichijou during the random times I saw my sister watching is that there's a robot maid with a windup key on her back that lives with a kid scientist, and a really eccentric boy that rides a goat to school.

Sir Codin

After watching it in club last night, I'm totally hooked on Akame ga Kill.

All that shit that's fucking awesome, you can give it to me.

Candy

Years
  • Witness testimony, they showed Another, Guilty Crown and 5cm/second in my club at high school.

Not sure how much anime was shown since my friend started it at our last year of high school but those were the ones I managed to catch a glimpse of (and even used my laptop to connect to the projector for Another).

Also a couple of live-action adaptations and the Sadako movie (I refused to even look at the screen and just waltzed away home when they did Sadako. Never a fan of horror). Hey, to be fair, we're a Japan Club not an Anime Club.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I should start Akame ga Kill, I have a friend who absolutely loves it.

I'm in middle school currently, so I'm hoping my future high school has an anime club. It'd be nice to know some anime-watching people IRL.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Every anime club I ever caught wind of always showed Bleach, Inuyasha, Code Geass, and a bunch of other overly hyped mediocre anime. I think the best one they showed was Gurren Lagann u_u

Sir Codin

Generally my anime club doesn't show anything longer than 26 episode series, though at times we have done multiple seasons of a show (Code Geass several years ago and we're now doing season 2 of Log Horizon).

We even have a website:

https://csumb-anime.com/

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Sounds like your club is actually worth while then :0 Most clubs I know of kind of die off because the leaders don't want to do the work that's involved. Either that, or no one shows up to meetings haha.

Sir Codin

Eh, we've had our high points and low points, but we've been pretty much gaining additional members every semester for the past two years now.

Candy

Years
  • Meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea about what's happening over at my old high school Japan Club.

Although, I do know that there's a native Japanese guy over at my high school now, staying for a year. And said person was said to frequently visit the club.

The only question is: why did s/he appeared after I graduate? It's like I'm missing out on a lot of good things after graduating. Probably not any anime showcasing 'cause that's probably the last thing I want to see haha. Then again, the members are mostly those who wants to increase their level in Japanese language, so they're kinda new when it comes to anime.

My Japan club normally do plays during yearly school festivals, and we dubbed the whole thing ourselves. I know, 'cause I was in charge of the audio once. Let's say it was the busiest months of my life, what with me having to leave school for a week or two. Our voice actors are uncooperative.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I was never really fond of my university's Anime club. I signed up really excited on my first year, stayed about 4-5 weeks (once a week) and left because it wasn't as fun as I had expected to be.
    Everything seemed really unorganized and all the older club members didn't interact much with the newer members just kept to themselves no matter how much you tried to talk to them. I even brought a friend along and she didn't like it much either so we both left as did a lot of other new members at that time.

Also for some reason I wasn't quite fond of the one episode per show and then move onto the next one episode from another show which is weird since I'm used to watching seasonal anime weekly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back