• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
Years
  • Does anyone know how much my entei "star" card is worth? I'm just doing this out of curiousity. It is a third generation card, and I also hear that "star" cards are the rarest kind of card.

And my brother wants to know how much his treeko "star" card is worth.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • Link to Treeko Star: https://www.serebii.net/card/exteamrocketreturns/109.shtml
    Entei Star:

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I didn't even know there was a shining Treeko card. Don't know the price for it, but it's $20 for the shining Entei.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Rare Gyarados?

Alright, so I am going through my old collection pokemon cards and I remembered of a weird Gyarados card I had. I decided to upload the card because I can't find any info on it. I only collected the basic cards from about 10 years ago. I have more miss prints that I did find on the internet, but this one intrigued me. This card is in good condition and was never sun bleached in any way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Alright, so I am going through my old collection pokemon cards and I remembered of a weird Gyarados card I had. I decided to upload the card because I can't find any info on it. I only collected the basic cards from about 10 years ago. I have more miss prints that I did find on the internet, but this one intrigued me. This card is in good condition and was never sun bleached in any way.

You mean the one in the middle, right? It's called a "shadowless" card, the very first base set cards were printed like the one in the middle, including all the 1st edition ones, and then some non-1st edition ones thereafter. You have one of the non-1st edition shadowless cards, which means you got it close to when the base set first came out. Shadowless refers to the fact that there is no shadow along the right hand side of the picture, and the font is not bolded like it is in all modern cards. There are other differences as well, like the colour difference you noticed in the Gyarados. Shadowless cards are generally worth about twice as much as their regular counterparts, so anywhere between $6-10 for the Gyarados. You should look for other base set cards like this one in your collection, the easiest way to tell is from the HP, it looks much less bolded than the regular ones.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Oh okay

Thanks a lot, do you think it will be worth more if I save them for another 10 years? Or should I just sell my collection now?

O'Malley de Bough

Amateur Author
    Years
  • How Much Are These Cards Worth?

Hey there everyone, just joined the forum here. I found some old Pokemon cards of mine from when I was a kid. Several of them caught my eye. Two of them are holographic Mewtew's encased in some sort of plastic chamber all covered by a protective plastic cover sleeve. One is in Japanese too. Another is a holographic Mew card that looks like some weird hieroglyphics on it that was in a protective sleeve. I would link a picture to these cards, but as it appears I can't before I make 15 posts. Anywho, could one of you kind forum people tell me if these cards are worth anything?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Why don't you PM me the links and I can post them? I can tell you already the mew with the strange text is ancient mew, a promo from the first movie. There's already a thread about it here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218459 and unfortunately, it isn't worth very much right now because it is in abundance; many people received the card at the movie and there are a lot of them available right now.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Question: i had been holding on to a light arcananie (i got by trading in a mewtwo and aggron, good deal? idk lol) for a few years but lost it a while ago. was it at all good? it was a pretty cool in my opinion,

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I really like the cards in that set, especially the light arcanine. It's worth about $10 now, I don't know whether a mewtwo and aggron for it is a good deal, depends on which sets they were from. I'm going to say probably not a good deal for you though lol, sorry. Mewtwo is usually worth more, from whatever set.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015

O'Malley de Bough

Amateur Author
    Years
  • Here are the cards O'Malley de Bough was talking about. I don't recognize the cases, but from what I can tell they appear to be a base set mewtwo and a Japanese base set mewtwo. The cases are interesting though, did you receive the cards in them or did you put them in there? If they came in the cases they may be promos.

They came in the cases. They're also sealed in that little plastic sleeve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back