• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Tier Supporters

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It actually might be relatively easy to change the platinum color now that I think about it more - there can't be more than a dozen? two dozen? It wouldn't be hard to round up all of them if you knew their names and have a real discussion to settle on something that makes everyone happy.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The colours were chosen to reflect (roughly) the name of the tier. It wouldn't make sense for a Platinum tier to be any colour other than a light grey, really.

The admins might tweak the colour slightly, but don't get your hopes up for any drastic change. And yes, as Oryx said, you can always PM an Admin and display your colour as one of the other supporters (or normal member colour).

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • The colours were chosen to reflect (roughly) the name of the tier. It wouldn't make sense for a Platinum tier to be any colour other than a light grey, really.

The admins might tweak the colour slightly, but don't get your hopes up for any drastic change. And yes, as Oryx said, you can always PM an Admin and display your colour as one of the other supporters (or normal member colour).

Why would any supporter want to have their color changed to a lower tier when they earned the color they already have. It would make them seem as if they were a lower tier than they really have earned. That's like saying Ill give you $1.00 for $5.00...

I honestly don't understand why we ever got this new tier system. The old one was a lot better in term of color and having image ranks. This new one seems more like a downgrade on looks than the old one.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Why would any supporter want to have their color changed to a lower tier when they earned the color they already have. It would make them seem as if they were a lower tier than they really have earned. That's like saying Ill give you $1.00 for $5.00...

Supportership isn't always about showing off how much money you've donated. Some prefer a different colour, and so they are entitled to switch down to it - with the idea that platinum tier incorporates all 'benefits' of Silver, Gold and Crystal tiers.

Some supporters don't even display as a supporter at all.

Morgnarok

Years
  • Supportership isn't always about showing off how much money you've donated. Some prefer a different colour, and so they are entitled to switch down to it - with the idea that platinum tier incorporates all 'benefits' of Silver, Gold and Crystal tiers.

It's about the principle here. There's quite a few people who don't like the new system for one reason or another. So why don't we have a discussion and let people speak there minds. I for one am in favor of the old system or something similar to it. I prefer a different color as well. This platinum is ridiculous.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No one's stopped anyone from saying what they want. o_O You're just being given alternatives that you may or may not have known were there. I've considered multiple times using gold's color because I like it the best out of all of them, so it's a viable solution for some people.

What's the benefit of the old system over the new one outside of the colors? I haven't noticed any significant difference myself.

Years
  • What's the benefit of the old system over the new one outside of the colors? I haven't noticed any significant difference myself.

The old system was all just one color but everyone was differentiated by a userbar that had a number on it based on the tier (I was Tier 4 at first, but then shortly became Tier 5 under the old system), but there wasn't much difference between the tiers as far as benefits go which was what led to the current system getting implemented.

As far as I know, there was only like one new feature added with each tier so they wanted to make the differences a bit more drastic as an incentive to make you donate more for better perks. Notable ones being Gold and higher having 180x180 avatars which is a huge jump from the 150x150 that Silvers get. But the biggest jump perk-wise is Crystal getting access to customized usertitles while Platinum improved on that by having CSS benefits. Customized usertitles were something I never used before now because it was previously a staff-exclusive thing.

I actually liked userbars better as opposed to the text currently underneath my name but I did hear new supporter userbars were going to be made soon. They are just taking longer than I thought.

Years
  • Why would any supporter want to have their color changed to a lower tier when they earned the color they already have. It would make them seem as if they were a lower tier than they really have earned. That's like saying Ill give you $1.00 for $5.00...

I honestly don't understand why we ever got this new tier system. The old one was a lot better in term of color and having image ranks. This new one seems more like a downgrade on looks than the old one.

I agree with this post in 100% and couldn't add any more to it. I really miss the label system, I don't like those colors. Also like you've said before, there are users who donated 300$+ (^_^) and new tier would be something cool right now. I know I would donate much more if there would be opportunity. However I won't do this for colors, but simply for my own satisfaction, help the site and to feel how it is like to achieve something that only few people did.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Supportership isn't always about showing off how much money you've donated. Some prefer a different colour, and so they are entitled to switch down to it - with the idea that platinum tier incorporates all 'benefits' of Silver, Gold and Crystal tiers.

Cool, so that's the best we can do? "Just downgrade your tier colour if you don't like it" is truly pathetic - the colours show as an afterthought and make it look really gimmicky. It's been months since this was implemented and we haven't seen a damn thing from staff about getting userbars, not to mention in lieu of the change I've witnessed a few perks get thrown under the rug (album limits much?).

Is hstaff on vacation? What are you folks doing? I haven't seen a whole lot come out as of late so hopefully we can be right in expecting something justifying the wait, eh?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Are we all really having a super serious discussion about name colors?

Cool, so that's the best we can do? "Just downgrade your tier colour if you don't like it" is truly pathetic - the colours show as an afterthought and make it look really gimmicky. It's been months since this was implemented and we haven't seen a damn thing from staff about getting userbars, not to mention in lieu of the change I've witnessed a few perks get thrown under the rug (album limits much?).

Is hstaff on vacation? What are you folks doing? I haven't seen a whole lot come out as of late so hopefully we can be right in expecting something justifying the wait, eh?
    This is why you ask hstaff about it or make threads about it (and yeah I know we're doing that now). I don't know why people just sit around wondering when somethings gonna happen or why something is the way it is, then get upset when things continue to be the way they are. No one on staff is going to bite your fingers off for asking about something or saying you don't like something. This is the very first time I have heard anyone say that they don't like the new supporter system. Hstaff can't fix a problem if they don't know that there's a problem in the first place. So ask, people, ASK.

Though maybe it would be nice if they did occasionally give a status update on some things or something.....

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Are we all really having a super serious discussion about name colors?

This is why you ask hstaff about it or make threads about it (and yeah I know we're doing that now). I don't know why people just sit around wondering when somethings gonna happen or why something is the way it is, then get upset when things continue to be the way they are. No one on staff is going to bite your fingers off for asking about something or saying you don't like something. This is the very first time I have heard anyone say that they don't like the new supporter system. Hstaff can't fix a problem if they don't know that there's a problem in the first place. So ask, people, ASK.

Though maybe it would be nice if they did occasionally give a status update on some things or something.....

We're in CQ&F, already talking about it, right? Should I have grabbed the bright green form instead of the lime one? What's the waiting line's ETA, do you think? What bureaucratic summoning ritual must take place to get the gears moving? Why do you patronize us for not feeding back into your modus operandum acceptably?

Years
  • tl;dr OPINION OPINION OPINION

The colored tiers as opposed to numerically-inclined tiers were made because the old system of 6 different tiers was a little bothersome and complex, whereas the benefits of the new system are much more streamlined and consistent, with half as many tiers, (officially) and since we're a Pokecommunity, the new tier names were named after, you know, Pokemon games.

And I picked the colors out myself when we drafted up the changes in HQ, and everyone loved them when they first came out, haha. Just because the novelty's worn off doesn't mean that's impetus enough to change them again for really no reason other than a few people don't like the color(s).

I do think the Platinum Tier could use some more privileges given the amount of money spent on it, but I haven't the slightest idea of what those could be. There's not a whole lot else that could be added, perk wise, I think.

Morgnarok

Years
  • I don't care about any more perks as a platinum supporter. Just give me another color besides a color of a lower tier rank o.0 lol

What we have like 3-4 platinum supporters here telling you guys we don't like our supporter rank and you offer us to change the color to a lower tier. This seems discriminative.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • tl;dr OPINION OPINION OPINION

The colored tiers as opposed to numerically-inclined tiers were made because the old system of 6 different tiers was a little bothersome and complex, whereas the benefits of the new system are much more streamlined and consistent, with half as many tiers, (officially) and since we're a Pokecommunity, the new tier names were named after, you know, Pokemon games.
    Makes sense well enough.

And I picked the colors out myself when we drafted up the changes in HQ, and everyone loved them when they first came out, haha. Just because the novelty's worn off doesn't mean that's impetus enough to change them again for really no reason other than a few people don't like the color(s).
    And, what, we're just supposed to accept that? 3 of us here haven't really been all to happy with it, and saying we just deal with it is a piss-poor excuse to do jack. To be fair, why not implement something of a user-end customization system? Then nobody has to talk.

I do think the Platinum Tier could use some more privileges given the amount of money spent on it, but I haven't the slightest idea of what those could be. There's not a whole lot else that could be added, perk wise, I think.
    Userbars, for all of us? Or at the bare minimum a text battle server rank so users aren't between a rock and a hard place with inconsistencies?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We're in CQ&F, already talking about it, right? Should I have grabbed the bright green form instead of the lime one? What's the waiting line's ETA, do you think? What bureaucratic summoning ritual must take place to get the gears moving? Why do you patronize us for not feeding back into your modus operandum acceptably?
    It's actually the chartreuse form, and look at pages 67-88 of the Buereaucratinomicon for the proper summoning rituals.

And, what, we're just supposed to accept that? 3 of us here haven't really been all to happy with it, and saying we just deal with it is a piss-poor excuse to do jack. To be fair, why not implement something of a user-end customization system? Then nobody has to talk.
    I do think that this is a good idea though. It'd kill two birds with one stone imo. Why not give Platinum supporters the ability to have custom usernames? It'd be both another perk for them as well as eliminate the issue some of them have with the color.

If that sort of thing is possible to implement.

Years
  • Makes sense well enough.

Userbars, for all of us? Or at the bare minimum a text battle server rank so users aren't between a rock and a hard place with inconsistencies?

Seeing as that's what the staff decided upon after it brewed in HQ for a few weeks, yes, you do. I really like that we can do our own user titles now and have some measure of customization abilities, but then if you allow that for the tiers, you run into inconsistencies with how the tiers would look, visually. The last thing we need is a few dozen different Platinum Supporters all running around with different colored usernames despite all being the same rank, and throw in complex-looking user titles, and nobody will be able to make heads or tails of who or what you're supposed to be.

And yes, I agree with you. Battle Server text rank should have happened a long time ago. Inconsistencies suck.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Seeing as that's what the staff decided upon after it brewed in HQ for a few weeks, yes, you do. I really like that we can do our own user titles now and have some measure of customization abilities, but then if you allow that for the tiers, you run into inconsistencies with how the tiers would look, visually. The last thing we need is a few dozen different Platinum Supporters all running around with different colored usernames despite all being the same rank, and throw in complex-looking user titles, and nobody will be able to make heads or tails of who or what you're supposed to be.

And yes, I agree with you. Battle Server text rank should have happened a long time ago. Inconsistencies suck.

Haha, oh. I was talking client side amongst all groups. Greasemonkey is a giant pain, even for me. Server-side colour customization sounds cool to me personally but in reality it'd make all of the different colours we already have further confounded.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Haha, oh. I was talking client side amongst all groups. Greasemonkey is a giant pain, even for me. Server-side colour customization sounds cool to me personally but in reality it'd make all of the different colours we already have further confounded.

Client side customisation has been talked about before, I believe. However, it was pointed out it would make it very confusing to point out different usergroups to members as 'the red username' might appear as an admin for one person, or another usegroup for another.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You know, if the tier colors make you barf, you can just choose to display as a regular member and then pick a PC skin to use that displays links in a color you like. Problem? :D

For example, the slick style Pokelink 4 Pink gives you a cerise username. Lovely.

Morgnarok

Years
  • It's actually the chartreuse form, and look at pages 67-88 of the Buereaucratinomicon for the proper summoning rituals.

I do think that this is a good idea though. It'd kill two birds with one stone imo. Why not give Platinum supporters the ability to have custom usernames? It'd be both another perk for them as well as eliminate the issue some of them have with the color.

If that sort of thing is possible to implement.

Now that I can agree upon right there. If we had our Supporter Tier Image Rank Bars like before even if we had some off the wall color username people would still know what/who we are. There you go problem solved. Get us some Image User Bars like the old system and allow platinum to customize our own username by color.

@Doctor this goes back to one of my other post on this thread. Its just not right.

Back