• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Tier Supporters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • What we have like 3-4 platinum supporters here telling you guys we don't like our supporter rank and you offer us to change the color to a lower tier. This seems discriminative.

And, what, we're just supposed to accept that? 3 of us here haven't really been all to happy with it, and saying we just deal with it is a piss-poor excuse to do jack. To be fair, why not implement something of a user-end customization system? Then nobody has to talk.
    For the record, I never said I didn't like the color of Platinum. Sure, it's a little close to the Silver color, but I still don't have an issue with it. I think it looks pretty good - the only thing I would like to see implemented is the little bars below each username that said what level supporter you were (like what was done with the old, green tiers) but that's just a personal preference.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • For the record, I never said I didn't like the color of Platinum. Sure, it's a little close to the Silver color, but I still don't have an issue with it. I think it looks pretty good - the only thing I would like to see implemented is the little bars below each username that said what level supporter you were (like what was done with the old, green tiers) but that's just a personal preference.

Like what I have right now forced into my postbit.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Just wanted to say that the only reason that I haven't donated past $100 yet is because of the usertitle color. It's almost illegible relatively difficult to read on lighter styles like LFT.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Like what I have right now forced into my postbit.

Do you want this instead?

fsyot5f.png

Alex made this awhile back and let me use it, so I'm sure he'll let you use it too. Just run it by him.

Just wanted to say that the only reason that I haven't donated past $100 yet is because of the usertitle color. It's almost illegible relatively difficult to read on lighter styles like LFT.

Then donate to $100 and just ask to keep the Crystal-tier color; that way you'll get all the benefits of a Platinum but get to keep your preferred color.

Morgnarok

Years
  • I purpose for a change. The first change would be for us to finally get our Postbit Rank Images back that describe what color/tier we are. After that happens I would suggest that Platinum users if possible have a way to be able to change there User Group/Name color.

There should/wouldn't be any confusion or excuses at this point due to the fact we will have a rank image stamped to our Postbits like before.

Do you want this instead?

fsyot5f.png

Alex made this awhile back and let me use it, so I'm sure he'll let you use it too. Just run it by him.

I honestly can't remember if I had the green one or the blue one back in the old days when I was a Tier 6 on the old system. I know that the old system's postbit user rank images had got restyled/updated at one point. I think the originals were a blue then came the green. That one you posted is anothere restyle im going to assume then that wasn't ever released.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I purpose for a change. The first change would be for us to finally get our Postbit Rank Images back that describe what color/tier we are. After that happens I would suggest that Platinum users if possible have a way to be able to change there User Group/Name color.

There should/wouldn't be any confusion or excuses at this point due to the fact we will have a rank image stamped to our Postbits like before.

That would just cause confusion as to what rank we actually are. If I made my username purple, than people would automatically think I was part of the Battle Server considering both are italicized. It's a nice idea, but it's not practical with the current identification system that PC is currently running.

Morgnarok

Years
  • That would just cause confusion as to what rank we actually are. If I made my username purple, than people would automatically think I was part of the Battle Server considering both are italicized. It's a nice idea, but it's not practical with the current identification system that PC is currently running.

We would have a IMG Rank Bar next to our post and on our profile like back in the old days. So it would say something like [Platinum Supporter] in the rank image bar even if we had staff color. Even at that rate I am sure there's a way to restrict what colors we could use so that we couldn't use staff colors.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • We would have a IMG Rank Bar next to our post and on our profile like back in the old days. So it would say something like [Platinum Supporter] in the rank image bar even if we had staff color. Even at that rate I am sure there's a way to restrict what colors we could use so that we couldn't use staff colors.

I like the idea of a rank image bar but still, having multiple variations of Platinum-usernames via different colors would just add a lot of confusion as to what rank they actually are. A lot of newcomers would think that if I was a yellow-username and yours was a pink-username that we'd be on some different level than the rest of the community. I feel that we should still stick to one username color as it still creates unity with that rank tier.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why is it important to show which tier you are?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Why is it important to show which tier you are?

If anything - in lack of better words - to add a little "pompous" flair to their usernames. It's more along the lines of "hey, I achieved this tier everyone look at it" way to it; which I can sort of understand if that's what some people think considering if you invest $100 in the site you would most likely want people to know about it. Arguments can be made whether or not this is a good or bad thing as it all comes down to interpretation.

Morgnarok

Years

Because we donated large amounts to achieve this goal. No disrespect towards the lower tiers but why would someone who donates $100.00 want to be on the same level as someone who donates only $25.00. This doesn't just go for me but there's people like I said who have racked up $300-$500 or even more yet there still set at a platinum level.

If it's such of a no big deal for us it seems to you then why don't you ask to have your moderator image rank took off and color removed and put into a different user group but still have you ability to moderate. Even though you were picked for your job and you accepted it you can't tell me one bit of you decided to volunteer and have nothing in return. You knew you would be able to walk around the forums with a moderator image rank and color. You may be doing your job and I thankful for it but you can't say you would still moderator or want to if you didn't have your own perks.

As human beings we may do things out of kindness and helpfulness but at the end of the day we all get something out of it in which is the reason we do it. You have your little moderator image code and color and your special abilities. So as for us being the top supporter rank why can't we have what we want to or at least have it considered instead of shooting us down like we are nothing.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Because we donated large amounts to achieve this goal. No disrespect towards the lower tiers but why would someone who donates $100.00 want to be on the same level as someone who donates only $25.00. This doesn't just go for me but there's people like I said who have racked up $300-$500 or even more yet there still set at a platinum level.

Wow. Donations are not about the money. People living with basically zilch disposable income have donated bits here and there - their $10 donation is appreciated just as much as someone with a tonne of cash donating $100 annually, or whatever.

This whole elitist 'platinum supporters deserve better' rubbish really doesn't do you any favours. Some of what you're saying is very insulting to members who work hard to donate what they can. Any money given to PC is really appreciated - but please remember it is a donation. Any perk you receive is a good-will gift. The amount you donate does not affect how you are perceived as a member, nor anything else on PC.

Morgnarok

Years
  • Wow. Donations are not about the money. People living with basically zilch disposable income have donated bits here and there - their $10 donation is appreciated just as much as someone with a tonne of cash donating $100 annually, or whatever.

This whole elitist 'platinum supporters deserve better' rubbish really doesn't do you any favours. Some of what you're saying is very insulting to members who work hard to donate what they can.

Your totally right and I will end my argument right there. This discussion has become pointless it seems. Good Luck Platinum Supporters.

P.S $100.00 dollars annually is not what I would say as a large donation. I could be donating at least $300.00 dollars monthly to PC but I don't because there is nothing beyond Platinum and because of the way we are treated. In which case why I choose not too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Symbiosis, you do realize that what you're saying is "every perk that the site can currently give us isn't enough, what we really want is for h-staff to create new features and then only give them to us", right?

Morgnarok

Years
  • No, I don't even care about more perks. I don't use half the perks now I have lol

I just hate my user color. Plain and simple.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • P.s $100.00 dollars annually is not what I would say as a large donations. I could be donating at least $300.00 dollars monthly to PC but I don't because there is nothing beyond Platinum

That makes it sound like you donate for the perks, not for the benefit of the site as a whole.

Years

Not everyone is modest and just want to feel how is it like to do something that only few did, like I've said before. Some of us just like to help this site. People that donated a lot are mentioned very rarely anyway. Everyone has their own reasons, some may be just selfish...

I myself honestly want the tier labels to come back. At least shows what tier I am right now.

Also @Magic
    Everyone is working hard by their own way. I didn't win the lottery. I have a hard job and I'm donating this forum because I like it.

Last edited:

Morgnarok

Years
  • That makes it sound like you donate for the perks, not for the benefit of the site as a whole.

As I stated above I don't use half the perks I have. The only perk I make use of and would ever care if i didn't have anymore is my CSS. My main concern in donating isn't about the perks and never was. It was about being in a special user group, being able to hold something that 99% of the forums couldn't obtain. I donated because I wanted to have a blue username and a image under my post that said I was a Tier 6 Supporter. One of the few but proud.

Now a days I have a crappy color that barley is readable and I had my Image stripped from me.

So yes maybe I am a bit selfish. I donated because I care for the site and wish for it to keep running but because I also wanted to stick out above the average user. In the end Tier 6 no longer stands out and is a joke in a case.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I donated because I care for the site and wish for it to keep running but because I also wanted to stick out above the average user. In the end Tier 6 no longer stands out and is a joke in a case.

And I'm going to agree with this. Despite what everyone is going to say later.

Back