• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Tier Supporters

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Get us some Image User Bars like the old system and allow platinum to customize our own username by color.

After that happens I would suggest that Platinum users if possible have a way to be able to change there User Group/Name color.

This is requesting they create a perk for you, because every perk already available on this site isn't enough. I'm fairly certain even mods don't get 200x200 avatars.

This is a really ugly side of Plat supporters honestly. I had no idea you guys are so image-obsessed to the point that you can't be seen as those "other" supporters because they're not special like you because you gave more money to the site.

Years
  • I had no idea you guys are so image-obsessed to the point that you can't be seen as those "other" supporters because they're not special like you because you gave more money to the site.

Is that really a bad thing? To differ from another, to feel more awarded?
    It's not like we're going to discriminate other people, because we've donated more. That was not an aim from the beginning.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If it's such of a no big deal for us it seems to you then why don't you ask to have your moderator image rank took off and color removed and put into a different user group but still have you ability to moderate. Even though you were picked for your job and you accepted it you can't tell me one bit of you decided to volunteer and have nothing in return. You knew you would be able to walk around the forums with a moderator image rank and color. You may be doing your job and I thankful for it but you can't say you would still moderator or want to if you didn't have your own perks.

The thing here is that we need people to be able to distinguish staff members from the rest of the member base so people know who's in charge and who to go to for certain things and stuff. It's not vital to the functioning of the forum that we people can distinguish the supporter tiers from each other.

Funny thing is that rank images aren't even on by default. I've had a person or 2 not know I was a moderator because of that.

But I'm not against changing the color of the Platinum tier or giving you guys an extra perk.

On a side note, I don't care much about my perks as a mod, and would still choose to be a mod even if there were no perks. Except for avatar sizes. I like my 180x180 avatars.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Is that really a bad thing? To differ from another, to feel more awarded?

I would like to think that most people on PC realize that it's not the money you have that matters, but who you are as a person.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Is that really a bad thing? To differ from another, to feel more awarded?
    It's not like we're going to discriminate other people, because we've donated more. That was not an aim from the beginning.
    what you seem to be unable to understand is that you've adopted this holier-than-thou complex that makes you seem like you think that all the other, lower-tiered supporters are like peasants or something and are inferior members to those of you who have donated more (of course I'm being a bit hyperbolic here but you get my point). who gives a **** if you've donated $300 or $25 or $600000? you donated, and that's really all that should matter; maybe you donated more than some person, but you obviously just had more money available than the other person. Who Cares?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I'm too the point of even saying screw the whole platinum username color but as someone said earlier about the image ranks. Where are they?

Btw does it look like I use a 200x200 avatar, does it look like I use even 1% of my album, I barley even talk to people my inbox was just recently cleared for the first time in 4 years and I only had a little over 100 messages. These perks we have as I said before I DON'T USE THEM.

Screw all this crap about money value or ranks because honestly in my 4 years I could have well donated over $10,000 and I could be sitting here today demanding I have my own personal rank but this isn't the point. I just want to have a nice user postbit.

The one thing and only thing I care about is my Postbit. What my user profile looks like upon making post. I miss the days of having a rank image under my name and a color that was readable. Is that too much to ask for?

I have to sacrifice my custom user title just to keep my old image now and it looks out of place and weird compared to the old days.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Donated money is donated money, it helped the site, increased the account. What people expected after doing that is only in their own heads. It doesn't matter much what they're aimed for, it's a donation. Some people don't have much money yet still donate lots of it, some people might like the site a lot, but they don't have lots of time to be active on it, so they want at least to be known for helping it. It doesn't really make us better people. Couple of us just wanted to suggest some new things for our tier and it turned out for this discussion. We can demand our suggestions to be considered despite why we want them. It's up to admins to decide if it will be considered or not.

And Maccrash. I don't think that way, I just said it before. It was not my aim from the beginning. I just shared an opinion.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • This is a really ugly side of Plat supporters honestly. I had no idea you guys are so image-obsessed to the point that you can't be seen as those "other" supporters because they're not special like you because you gave more money to the site.

I full heartedly agree with this, but just as a reminder, this is just the view of only a select few people; it shouldn't be generalized for all us Platinum members (including myself.) A select fews' opinions shouldn't classify us all as a single entity.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If it's such of a no big deal for us it seems to you then why don't you ask to have your moderator image rank took off and color removed and put into a different user group but still have you ability to moderate. Even though you were picked for your job and you accepted it you can't tell me one bit of you decided to volunteer and have nothing in return. You knew you would be able to walk around the forums with a moderator image rank and color. You may be doing your job and I thankful for it but you can't say you would still moderator or want to if you didn't have your own perks.
    I really didn't accept this position primarily to get a fat blue name. I can definitely promise you that. There is so much more to being a staff member here than the listed perks that you get (I'm not even sure of what said perks are tbh). Heck, I'd be all in favor of giving you my bold blue color or a sparkly, 60pt sized username if you were willing to donate 300 dollars each month. We might be able to buy a server that never doubleposts again!

And I asked why you guys thought it was important because I genuinely wondered, not to shoot you down :) Of course you can't really compare staff usernames/perks to supporter ones. As might have been mentioned earlier, you can't buy your way into staff. I'm starting to see that there is much more prestige to acquiring a high supporter status. It does make sense that you'd want to show that off somehow.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Supportership isn't always about showing off how much money you've donated. Some prefer a different colour, and so they are entitled to switch down to it - with the idea that platinum tier incorporates all 'benefits' of Silver, Gold and Crystal tiers.

Some supporters don't even display as a supporter at all.

Yeah. Apart from the common opinion here that Silver and Platinum were pretty unreadable, the main reason I think is because the old system ranked you, and displayed it for all to see, giving other non donators the impression that donations get you higher up the ladder in the forum. Now we still have the system, but in a much more subtle way, and I feel that the colors apart from the ones listed above are still fine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I full heartedly agree with this, but just as a reminder, this is just the view of only a select few people; it shouldn't be generalized for all us Platinum members (including myself.) A select fews' opinions shouldn't classify us all as a single entity.

You're completely right, my apologies.

Donated money is donated money, it helped the site, increased the account. What people expected after doing that is only in their own heads. It doesn't matter much what they're aimed for, it's a donation. Some people don't have much money yet still donate lots of it, some people might like the site a lot, but they don't have lots of time to be active on it, so they want at least to be known for helping it. It doesn't really make us better people. Couple of us just wanted to suggest some new things for our tier and it turned out for this discussion. We can demand our suggestions to be considered despite why we want them. It's up to admins to decide if it will be considered or not.

And Maccrash. I don't think that way, I just said it before. It was not my aim from the beginning. I just shared an opinion.

It doesn't matter to the server what the donation is for, but it matter to who you are as a person. It also matters to who you are as a person that even when given everything the site has to offer, more than the staff that run the place, people are still in this thread saying it's not enough because the username isn't pretty enough and you can't be mistaken for a person that didn't donate $100 to use a color you like better.

I'm too the point of even saying screw the whole platinum username color but as someone said earlier about the image ranks. Where are they?

Btw does it look like I use a 200x200 avatar, does it look like I use even 1% of my album, I barley even talk to people my inbox was just recently cleared for the first time in 4 years and I only had a little over 100 messages. These perks we have as I said before I DON'T USE THEM.

Screw all this crap about money value or ranks because honestly in my 4 years I could have well donated over $10,000 and I could be sitting here today demanding I have my own personal rank but this isn't the point. I just want to have a nice user postbit.

The one thing and only thing I care about is my Postbit. What my user profile looks like upon making post. I miss the days of having a rank image under my name and a color that was readable. Is that too much to ask for?

I have to sacrifice my custom user title just to keep my old image now and it looks out of place and weird compared to the old days.

I responded to your request for them to code a feature (this does not come built-in into vB) to let you change your username color because you don't like it and you think you should be able to since you donated $100+. Whether or not you use other perks is irrelevant, and the userbars are irrelevant - I agree that the userbars would be nice for the people that like them (I personally hide all labels of people because I think they're ugly). How about these?

Spoiler:

Years
  • It doesn't matter to the server what the donation is for, but it matter to who you are as a person. It also matters to who you are as a person that even when given everything the site has to offer, more than the staff that run the place, people are still in this thread saying it's not enough because the username isn't pretty enough and you can't be mistaken for a person that didn't donate $100 to use a color you like better.

That would sum it up.

If my posts sounded wrong to some people. I'm sorry. I won't be discussing it further. I don't want to be an image of a person who donates, because he wants to be better than anyone else, that's complete opposite of what I want to do.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • And Maccrash. I don't think that way, I just said it before. It was not my aim from the beginning. I just shared an opinion.
    a) you don't think that way even though you... "said it before?" well, okay, I guess.

b) that wasn't entirely directed at you; it's directed at anyone who holds that opinion.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I really didn't accept this position primarily to get a fat blue name. I can definitely promise you that. There is so much more to being a staff member here than the listed perks that you get (I'm not even sure of what said perks are tbh). Heck, I'd be all in favor of giving you my bold blue color or a sparkly, 60pt sized username if you were willing to donate 300 dollars each month. We might be able to buy a server that never doubleposts again!

And I asked why you guys thought it was important because I genuinely wondered, not to shoot you down :) Of course you can't really compare staff usernames/perks to supporter ones. As might have been mentioned earlier, you can't buy your way into staff. I'm starting to see that there is much more prestige to acquiring a high supporter status. It does make sense that you'd want to show that off somehow.

All I am suggesting is our old or a new set of Supporter image ranks be made and applied like we used to have and maybe a change in colors or editing the colors a bit more be took into account. Who isn't proud to be able to post around PC with a image tag of a high supporter where there are only a dozen or two of us out of a hundred thousand members. Are you not proud that you do your duty as a moderator and in return get to post around PC with your Image. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am too stylish or too concerned on what my post look like. All I know is like i said I didn't just donate for the good will that I would feel or to help but because I wanted that little bit of extra style normal members can't have. As far as you handing over you text and image for me donating $300.00 dollars a month I wouldn't do that even if its a joke. If I was to become staff I want to earn it, not because I am Semi Rich.

You're completely right, my apologies.

It doesn't matter to the server what the donation is for, but it matter to who you are as a person. It also matters to who you are as a person that even when given everything the site has to offer, more than the staff that run the place, people are still in this thread saying it's not enough because the username isn't pretty enough and you can't be mistaken for a person that didn't donate $100 to use a color you like better.

I responded to your request for them to code a feature (this does not come built-in into vB) to let you change your username color because you don't like it and you think you should be able to since you donated $100+. Whether or not you use other perks is irrelevant, and the userbars are irrelevant - I agree that the userbars would be nice for the people that like them (I personally hide all labels of people because I think they're ugly). How about these?

Platinum Tier Supporters

Platinum Tier Supporters

Platinum Tier Supporters

Platinum Tier Supporters

Those user bars I like. As long as we didn't have to put them in our user titles our self and they took the place of the "Community Supporter" words like they used to so we can still use our User titles freely

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Okay, there's a lot to this thread and it's kinda hard to read through all of it this late in, but after skimming it a bit I gathered this thought. Some people are unhappy with the color they're stuck with. But as far as I am aware you can turn off your color any time if you don't like it. Why can't we pick our color then from a list of any tier below us? I mean it makes sense that if someone has passed the Gold Tier but likes the Silver look, why not set it up to let them use any of the colors they have unlocked? Maybe this requires a lot of work, idk. It was just a thought that seemed to make sense to me. Us mods are stuck with this blue, we can't even turn it off for the supporter tier if we want. So it's not like supporters are the only ones stuck with their color. I know for a fact that Syd doesn't particularly like the orangey yellow that Smods have.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay, there's a lot to this thread and it's kinda hard to read through all of it this late in, but after skimming it a bit I gathered this thought. Some people are unhappy with the color they're stuck with. But as far as I am aware you can turn off your color any time if you don't like it. Why can't we pick our color then from a list of any tier below us? I mean it makes sense that if someone has passed the Gold Tier but likes the Silver look, why not set it up to let them use any of the colors they have unlocked? Maybe this requires a lot of work, idk. It was just a thought that seemed to make sense to me. Us mods are stuck with this blue, we can't even turn it off for the supporter tier if we want. So it's not like supporters are the only ones stuck with their color. I know for a fact that Syd doesn't particularly like the orangey yellow that Smods have.

From how I understand it, you have to ask an admin the first time you want your name color turned off and they have to add you to the usergroup that gives you all the permissions of your rank without the color, then you can switch back and forth. I could be wrong on that though; I've never actually used that option. If I'm right though it would be a lot of effort to implement to start with and then not much extra afterwards - admins would have to make all the tiers and then add all existing supporters to them, but later it would just be adding each new supporter automatically to up to five usergroups.

I'm not sure I'm cool with the staff having different colors though - then how will we tell people to find an smod or admin or mod?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • From how I understand it, you have to ask an admin the first time you want your name color turned off and they have to add you to the usergroup that gives you all the permissions of your rank without the color, then you can switch back and forth. I could be wrong on that though; I've never actually used that option. If I'm right though it would be a lot of effort to implement to start with and then not much extra afterwards - admins would have to make all the tiers and then add all existing supporters to them, but later it would just be adding each new supporter automatically to up to five usergroups.

I'm not sure I'm cool with the staff having different colors though - then how will we tell people to find an smod or admin or mod?
    Hmmm. I think I miss took what a setting did. Either that or it was taken out in one of the system changes. Oh well.

And on the second part, I wasn't saying that we should be able to turn it off, just that we're as stuck as you, if not more so. I personally like pretty much all of the colors. I mean I didn't really like the gold too much, but I lived with it just fine for a long time. It kinda sucked that that went into effect like right after I changed my name to Sage Ghetsis and my name matched the green hair in my avatar, lol.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • OK so I read some of these posts and whatnot.. bottom line I see a bunch of you want the supporters colors changed and user-bars brought back.
    I tend to also agree with this as I was on the fence about some of the changes previously (well the new tier names are ok, but yeah, meh).

This is something that the upper staff will need to discuss and vote on, again.

..as for setting colors on/off (basically adding you to an additional usergroup(s)) yes, it is something that needs to be set up by an admin first, then you can switch between them in your profile settings.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • OK so I read some of these posts and whatnot.. bottom line I see a bunch of you want the supporters colors changed and user-bars brought back.
    I tend to also agree with this as I was on the fence about some of the changes previously (well the new tier names are ok, but yeah, meh).

This is something that the upper staff will need to discuss and vote on, again.

..as for setting colors on/off (basically adding you to an additional usergroup(s)) yes, it is something that needs to be set up by an admin first, then you can switch between them in your profile settings.

Yes, when I was Silver Tier I wasn't very fond of the color because it didn't blend well with the default "Let's Fly Together" skin that I was and am using. I can imagine returning members having some confusion because they exultant be used to the new colors if it was implemented, but the system was changed once anyway. But an alternative solution to this could be a final tier that would have a different username color, because I can't see any color that's supposed to be Platinum or having a shade of Platinum blending very well with the forum's default, no and that's what the majority of the people here use. Just my two cents. :)

Back