• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My favorite Ability is ''Rock head'' , Unfortunately most pokemon with this ability hardly learn any recoil attack.
    It would be if there was a Fire type with ''Rock head'' ability , That way I could have use ''Flare Blirtz'' as many time as I want .

Years
  • My favorite Ability is ''Rock head'' , Unfortunately most pokemon with this ability hardly learn any recoil attack.
    It would be if there was a Fire type with ''Rock head'' ability , That way I could have use ''Flare Blirtz'' as many time as I want .

Yeah I feel for you. There's Pokemon with abilities that may seem awesome yet don't have many moves that can easily utilize the ability. Sawsbuck for example has Serene Grace as a hidden ability but doesn't really learn a lot of moves that would make use of it.

Years
  • I can't really decide what my favorite ability is either. To name one, I like Compound Eyes, as I can use it with stuff like Galvantula, who can fire off higher accuracy Thunders. That and it helps finding items easier off of wild Pokémon.

Years
  • Compound Eyes is easily one of my favorite abilites, especially when I had it for my Butterfree. It gave all of the main status moves like Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, and Poison Powder a 97.5% of hitting rather than 75%, making them a lot more practical to use than they were before. And the increased chance of finding wild Pokemon with held items was nice too, even if I didn't take advantage of it all that often.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never realized how much of an advantage abilities could give you until I'd gotten myself into competitive scene, which took some time! In-game, we're able to pull off wins with just about anything, but when it comes to battling competitively, almost every single thing we do actually counts, such giving Pokémon certain attacks, having them stay with some ability, and so forth. There's a lot of abilities out there that I like, with one being Flame Body. This has a good amount of chance of burning your opponent when they strike with a physical hit, which cuts their overall Attack stat in half, as well as hurt their health every turn.

Years
  • I feel like this generation has seen me paying more attention to natures and abilities than ever before. Damn competitive players and their motivation towards making you need to meet standards...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I didn't really care for most of the important competitive stuff until gen 6. Now I can't take my eyes off of EVs, IVs, Nature, Abilities, moves and whatever else there is. I somewhat like Trace as an ability, because of it being able to copy opponents abilities. Magic Guard is another one, because it ignores Life Orb damage.

Years
  • Not once have I ever tried competitive battling, so I still don't really care about IVs/EVs and Natures, and most of the time, I don't pay attention to Abilities either. Sure, there are a few off the top of my head that I know the effect of, but if someone listed out 10 Abilities for me at random, I might only be able to tell you what 3 or 4 of them actually did.

I do hope one day that I can get into competitive battling though, as I've always thought I'd be decent at it, provided I put in the effort to know what I was doing.

Years
  • A bit off topic, but I realized something.

There is the iconic Youngster Joey. Everyone knows who he is. There is also Youngster Tristan in Pokemon Diamond, pearl, and I'm assuming Platinum.

Joey Wheeler, Tristan Taylor, Yugi Moto.

In the next Gen of Pokemon there had better be Youngster Yugi.

Years
  • How funny you mention that Chicken... for some reason I always view the Youngsters as the most hilarious of all trainer classes, and I'd blame it on Joey's Rattata.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    inb4 we get Youngster Bakura or Lass Mai instead. (I only know these names because of YGO Abridged, I haven't watched the actual show in years)

Years
  • As someone who's never watched Yugioh, even if they did make a Youngster Yugi, that reference would've just flown right over my head.

I do love when they add references like that to the games though. One of my favorites was back in HGSS, where one of the routes had two Bird Keeper trainers, named Bert and Ernie.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • you also have to put Pokemon in your team that cover specific threats (sometimes niche ones), that can poke holes in your team

Yeah this is the part that I don't really have the patience to do to be honest. :P Building a team in general can be cool, covering each other's basic weaknesses and everything, but when you bring in all the other variables in terms of what you can face and the playstyles they use and everything... ajsdhfajskdhf can't deal. :(

Years
  • That's something that makes for one of the key things that makes Pokémon good, being able to have different teams so you can have a different experience. Not every game franchise out there is as varied as this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Lucario has another Megevolution then I hope it looks like this--

Spoiler:

He looks so much like Anubis now ! He can probably beat a Mega Level Digimon now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Especially when you remember said Mega was so overpowered it was kicked to Ubers...

Mega are Overpowered ????
    Compare to Digimon , Mega Pokemon's power are like normal ! Megevolved Pokemon doesn't seem as ''Mega powered'' as Digimon and all other Mystical creature.
    Also , If Pokemon can last longer then they will squish money out of Lucario ! Specially now that they now a way to create a new version of Lucario in every gen.

Back