• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon should evolve during battles

raging lion

Veteran Player
Years
  • Hi everyone I m back after a long time.
    By the way I heard these new games are coming so I thought of something. Don't you think that in these games pokemon should evolve during battles.
    What I mean is in previous games even when a pokemon reached the desired level it evolved after the battle but I SAY WHY NOT DURING THE BATTLE. In the anime they evolve during battles.

This was my opinion so u give yours now

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • That would be cool. You think you'll lose and then omg, your pokemon is evolving and a sec later you find that it koed your rival's pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    It would be cool because how the Pokemon move in battle would also work if they evolved in fights.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • That would be cool. You think you'll lose and then omg, your pokemon is evolving and a sec later you find that it koed your rival's pokemon.
    haha though the stats dont change much when u evolve, mayb a new awesome attack could finish ur oponent. but yeh i guess its cool. but i kinda like to see my pokemon evolve front on...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I like that idea my friend ;-), it also brings the games closer to the anime :D

You say that as if it's a good thing. >_>

I say that we need to keep the two canons as far away from eachother as possible.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yeah, I think that would make a lot of battles pretty damn epic.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think this would be a great thing. It would add more dynamism to the battles and make for a more interesting time.

It's true that this may bring the anime and the games closer together...but honestly, how much sense does it make for a Pokemon to evolve AFTER a battle and not during one? It makes more sense to me that an evolution would happen whenever it's time and not specifically after a battle.

It's not like they'd have to do a major change to this process either. I can see evolutions just pausing a battle screen, going to the casual evolution screen we normally see after battles, and then back to the battle screen. Nothing too complicated.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    would be cool but unfair
    why?
    1. Because when you are losing, you evolve and gain more stats, maybe new attacks and get an advantage. Rivals pokemon wont evolve so its unfair by that spot
    But would be also VERY COOL and
    HACKERS AND AR would make it good like
    Cyndaquil evolved into......MEW! THat would be cool!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Rivals pokemon wont evolve so its unfair by that spot

True. But I think it'd be a good idea to make computer players gain xp from beating your Pokemon - that way their Pokemon might level up as well, and make matches/rematches a bit trickier.

On-topic - Pokemon should definitely evolve in-battle. It's a no-brainer.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's annoying the way if you Level up your pokemon to the Evolving level and they faint, you need to level up to the next level in order to evolve, it's very irritating and I do like this idea.

Back