• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So All of Our Avatars Walk Into a Bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    The Doctor watched Donald pacing. "Well, aren't you indecisive! Can't you decide where you want to walk? What about a Jelly Baby, would you like one?"

And whatever happened to the Master?

Years
  • The Minun quickly asks for a coin from his Pokemon Trainer for the jukebox. He puts on "You Are Not Alone". After putting the music on, he looks at the weird duck pacing about and the Doctor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    There was something eerily eerie about the music, but the Doctor didn't know what yet. Maybe it was the fact that the song You Are Not Alone was just TOO much of a coincidence.

But he didn't dwell on it too much, he wasn't too concerned about what appeared to be something to do with his distant future. Instead, he looked to Ethan and said, "Would you like a Jelly Baby?"

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Benét simply watched the drama and hilarity as Meerfall attached her lolli to the Espeon's backside, causing her to react rather violently. It then dashed outside, obviously to clean itself.
    He then spoke,
    "Conflict is crazy,
    And utterly strange, no doubt,
    This bar's filled with it."
    Benét loved poetry. Meerfall, however, merely stared blankly, and he finally got to sucking his red lolli.

Years
  • The Minun noticed the Doctor's uncomfortable expression on the music. He thought that he may be a timelord or a mere coincidence.

Meanwhile, Ethan accepts the Jelly Baby from the Doctor and was curious with the man who offered him the sweet.
    "Are you the Doctor by any chance?" Asked Ethan. "My brother in Unova watches the series."

The Minun noticed the Doctor's uncomfortable expression on the music. He thought that he may be a timelord or a mere coincidence.

Meanwhile, Ethan accepts the Jelly Baby from the Doctor and was curious with the man who offered him the sweet.
    "Are you the Doctor by any chance?" Asked Ethan. "My brother in Unova watches the series."

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • With considerable difficulty (considering the size of his wings), a Rydrake wormed his way through the door of the bar, completing what Combo had started and utterly ruining it. For a moment, he stared regretfully at the mess, and then stalked over to the bartender, who appeared to be in a state of shock.

"You wouldn't happen to have about thirty kilograms of ice, would you?" asked the Rydrake hopefully. Since these words came out as little more than a leonine roar, which caused the bartender to faint, the Rydrake sighed and took a lollipop instead. Sucking it despondently, he made his way over to the only two beings in the bar whose species he recognised: the two creatures he assumed to be human, one dressed in an unusually swishy coat and the other in a bizarre stripy baseball cap. "What is this place? Who are these people? Or, should I say, what are they?"

Unfortunately, this once again came out as a loud roar, and he was denied the possibility of any answer.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Donald duck thought about taking it, but he had no idea what a "Jelly Baby" was. So he declined.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    The Doctor said to Ethan, "Why yes, I am. ...Series? What series? Is this something I should know about?"

He looked at the Rydrake as if he saw such things every day-- which he did. He could also understand the loud roar it gave out, and responded rather politely for someone who had just been roared at. "Well, for starters, this is a bar. I couldn't tell you who most of these people are, since they're mostly complete strangers to me. But I'm the Doctor. And I'm not human, I'm a time lord."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    Although he's been quiet for the past few moments, Mithos was still there, deciding not to get into everything that was currently happening. Frankly, he didn't care about anything that has entered Bar. Besides, after seeing the color of the Espeon's fur, he's been deeper in thought, not paying attention to anything that was around him anyways.

So he sat there, drinking his tea while looking like he was staring off into nothing.

Cutlerine

Years
  • Pleased to at last have found someone who understood anything he was trying to say, the Rydrake apologised for mistaking the Doctor's species, adding that he did look so very like a human that it was an easy error to make.

"You wouldn't," he said hopefully once again, "have any ice, would you? I'm afraid I've been asleep for rather a long time - perhaps five million years or so - and I'm rather hungry."

Sensing that perhaps this might not be enough to win over his newfound friend, he spread his wings nervously (accidentally creating two new windows in the process) and added:

"I'll tell you my tale if you do. It's... er... interesting. Not quite Ancient Mariner-standard, but it does have a ship in it."

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    "Well I don't have any on me right now," the Doctor said, throwing a bunch of random junk out of his pockets to see if there was any ice in there. "Not even in my pockets. But Neptune has absolutely wonderful ice. I can go get you some, if you'd like." He threw on his ridiculously long scarf and stuffed everything back into his pockets, getting ready to make a quick trip to Neptune.

Cutlerine

Years
  • The Rydrake watched in mild bemusement as the Doctor climbed into a large blue box that slowly faded away with a sound like tortured piano strings; once he was quite sure that he had gone, he turned to the bar at large, and, spying another animal in the form of a large duck wearing a sailor's hat, addressed him:

"Good evening."

The duck gave him the sort of look more usually aimed at ogres.

"I take it you don't understand me, then," the Rydrake said sadly. "How inconvenient."

He turned away from the duck, and noted that most of the bar's remaining occupants were staring at him with something akin to fear. This seemed utterly unaccountable to him; it wasn't as if he was going to eat them or anything. Only one seemed to be otherwise engaged, and that was a curious fellow who sat by himself in a corner, drinking tea; however, when the Rydrake tried to strike up a conversation with him, he was treated to a sardonic glare of such power that he had no option but to retreat, and wait for the Doctor's return.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    The Doctor ran back in a few minutes later, carrying a huge chunk of ice. He threw it on a random table, then walked over to where Mithos was. "You look like you need a Jelly Baby." He set a candy on the table in front of Mithos, and stuffed a few in his own mouth.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    Mithos snapped back into reality as the Doctor spoke. He looks at him and sighed, before taking the Jelly Baby. How many of these have he had now?

".... Thanks."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    "Oh, did I interrupt you? My apologies." Although he didn't seem very apologetic as he scarfed down another handful of Jelly Babies and walked off, rather upset that Mithos didn't seem to enjoy his company.

Cutlerine

Years
  • "Ice! Thank you, Doctor."

The Rydrake crunched noisily on it for a while, noting the peculiar flavour of extraplanetary ice, and looked up to find the Doctor presenting the strange man in the corner with a small human composed of some strange substance unknown to him. After some deliberation, the strange man took this human and ate it.

The Rydrake paused in his meal, and raised his eyebrows.

"What a piece of work is a man," he remarked, and then amended: "Or a Time Lord, I suppose."

He stretched once, knocked over the newly-recovered bartender with his tail, and then settled back down to his ice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    "... It's fine," Mithos sighed, "I was just thinking."

Why did Mithos really care what the Doctor was saying to him? Oh. Right. Because he hates Humans. Not Time Lords, and apparently there is a difference.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    "Oh, but I didn't make those," the Doctor informed the Rydrake, "It's some form of humanoid candy. In fact, I think--" He interrupted himself with an ear-splitting scream when he tripped on his extremely long scarf and landed on his face. As if nobody saw that coming.

Cutlerine

Years
  • The Rydrake helped the Doctor to his feet with one massive paw, trying to avoid crushing him and thus damaging him any further.

"Perhaps your scarf could do with one or two extra winds around your neck?" he suggested. "Then it might not be so long and trip-over-able."

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    "Thank you," the Doctor said while picking his hat up off the floor and shoving it back on top of the pile of curly hair on his head. "But there is a problem with your suggestion- If I did that, I'd be so tangled up in the scarf that when I needed to use it I wouldn't be able to get it off."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back