• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Meh, I am not upset. (Well, I am upset with the lame reasoning.)

But I feel for anyone that loved using them...I mean, if this were the equivalent of Peach for me, I would contemplate not purchasing, or at least holding a bitter grudge.

I am looking forward to new series characters by the next installment, Yokai Watch and Splatoon.

I can agree with you on Splatoon, but isn't Yokai Watch a third-party franchise? The fact that Sakurai is only looking for third-parties who are a "big deal" to the industry to limit how many guests will appear on a roster full of Nintendo characters isn't much on Yokai Watch's favor due to being recent.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The next iteration will definitely have an Inkling in it. It's inevitable. I think we'll probably see one or two more Zelda characters since Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U should be out by then, so one of those has to be a hit. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The next iteration will definitely have an Inkling in it. It's inevitable. I think we'll probably see one or two more Zelda characters since Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U should be out by then, so one of those has to be a hit. ;)
    Let's wait and see if Splatoon ends up successful, and even then it isn't guaranteed. Rhythm Heaven is the most successful new IP released after Brawl and it didn't get a playable character for some unjust reason.

Also if the new Zelda introduces any worthwhile character.

Years
  • Skip to 9:00, so many customizations, and this is not all by any means!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPZs4pkqFFc&feature=youtu.be&list=UUVNPMJhruxR3BwNYa-e0eig&t=9m23s

Also, Dalmatian Dog Hunt Dog Skin! (I can't believe this little detail passed by me)
    Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Just wondering guys and sorry if this topic has been discussed before but...

How did you choose your mains?
    My mains used to be Link, Fox, and Marth but then I decided that I wanted to play as characters of games I actually played. So I kept Marth because I love Fire Emblem Awakening and then I added Pikachu, Kirby, and Luigi to my list of mains because I love their series. I've gotten really good at them in a short amount of time.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Honestly, it sometimes tends to happen when I already love a character. Diddy became my Brawl main because I love Diddy, and Villager is already a top choice for 4 not only cause I love the character, but also because I enjoyed playing him in the demo. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Usually my mains are just characters I like a lot is all there is to it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Never played N64 Smash, so can't comment.

But, my mains in Melee were Dr. Mario, Young Link, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo iirc Possibly Pichu too.

Dr. Mario because I liked standard Mario as a generic all-around and found the Dr. version better. Young Link because Zelda (duh) and found him speedier than his Adult counterpart. Bower and Ganondorf because I liked that they were villains and Bowser had a killer grab and chomp move. Mewtwo because he just kicked ass.

In Brawl, I jump around Toon Link, Lucas, Sonic, Bowser, and Pikachu.

I play with Toon Link a lot because Young Link was my true Melee main and so that's basically the equivalent. Lucas because I found I'm just good with him. idk, better than Toon Link. He's me best. I can just button spam and win with Lucas. Sonic because I was experimenting with a one slot Brawl hack that made one of the colour options into a Classic Sonic resized model and discovered "oh hey I can actually play as Sonic pretty well". Bowser I can manipulate okay. Pikachu so that a Pokemon is covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Usually my mains are just characters I like a lot is all there is to it.

I was like that a lot too, I would play as Link or Snake or whatever felt right, but then I'd feel weird playing as them because I'm not a Zelda or Metal Gear fan lol. I'm a huge Pokemon nerd so I felt like I really needed a Pokemon main. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I choose mains based on how good I am with those character. In Brawl, for example, I was able to play as R.O.B., Falco, and Luigi easily.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    How did you choose your mains?
    By both liking the character and their playstyle, though if I end up liking the a playstyle of a character chances are the characters will grow on me. (See: Jigglypuff ended up being one of my favorite Pokemon BECAUSE I absolutely love her aerial based playstyle in Smash)

Only two characters managed to be a perfect blend of being characters I like AND having a playstyle that I completely love, those two being Wario and Snake. (rip snake ;_;)

Wario is my favorite video game character and I couldn't have asked for a character with a better moveset design than him. His moveset is perfect for me. In Smash, aerial approaches/spacing and defensive, campy tactics are actually my favorite, and Wario has the best aerial mobility in the game (Brawl at least) with a really fun defensive, "hit and run" (or swoop in and out in the air lol) kind of playstyle that is just completely satisfying. The character has his weaknesses, but I don't mind his only decent ground options. All his moves (bar down smash) have uses and they complement each other perfectly. He isn't a character that relies on a single move every time.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • By both liking the character and their playstyle, though if I end up liking the a playstyle of a character chances are the characters will grow on me. (See: Jigglypuff ended up being one of my favorite Pokemon BECAUSE I absolutely love her aerial based playstyle in Smash)

Only two characters managed to be a perfect blend of being characters I like AND having a playstyle that I completely love, those two being Wario and Snake. (rip snake ;_;)

Wario is my favorite video game character and I couldn't have asked for a character with a better moveset design than him. His moveset is perfect for me. In Smash, aerial approaches/spacing and defensive, campy tactics are actually my favorite, and Wario has the best aerial mobility in the game (Brawl at least) with a really fun defensive, "hit and run" (or swoop in and out in the air lol) kind of playstyle that is just completely satisfying. The character has his weaknesses, but I don't mind his only decent ground options. All his moves (bar down smash) have uses and they complement each other perfectly. He isn't a character that relies on a single move every time.

Who would you say was your most challenging character to play as (Brawl and Melee)?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Who would you say was your most challenging character to play as (Brawl and Melee)?
    Challenging as in how hard they were to use?
    Well I don't consider Brawl to be exactly difficult when it comes to learning characters. It's easy putting the time into them and just finding out how they work. There's characters that are hard to play as because they're just that bad (Ness) and characters that need to use lots of advanced techniques (Sonic). There's only three characters that I find hard to use though, those three being Sonic, Yoshi and Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers is just me being lazy figuring out how they work, and I don't really like how Yoshi plays, so really it's just Sonic. I can play him at a basic level and do good but he IS reliant on a lot of stuff (lots of specific terms that I'm not gonna use so I don't confuse anyone lol) that requires specific inputs to do. I like his playstyle a lot though, I just can't do the stuff that makes him any good lol.

Though this is only Brawl...Melee is on a whole other level.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • My mains have always been characters I like, and whose movesets suit my play style. In Smash 64 and Melee, it was Luigi for the longest time, and the occasional Link. Then by the advice of one of my friends (who is crazy good with almost every character), I started maining Samus in Brawl, who definitely suited my play style better than all the other characters I tried to main.

So currently, Samus is my "main" main (if that makes any sense xD), along with Luigi, Link, Lucario, and the occasional R.O.B.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I downloaded the demo today, and it feels fantastic, but I have to be more careful with my circle pad so it doesn't break like everyone else from the reports. Link is my best character in the demo, since Toon Link was one of my mains in Brawl. I got the hang of playing as Mega Man, and I still don't understand Villager's playstyle.

Years
  • Same as everyone else, play-style AND love of a character determines if I will use them often or not.

N64: Kirby, Captain Falcon, and Pikachu
    Melee: PEACH!, Jigglypuff, Falco, Pikachu, Captain Falcon
    Brawl: Peach, Toon Link, Pikachu, Zero Suit, Falco, and Pit

My favorite overall character is for sure Peach. (Hoping she is buffed!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So I downloaded the demo today, and it feels fantastic, but I have to be more careful with my circle pad so it doesn't break like everyone else from the reports. Link is my best character in the demo, since Toon Link was one of my mains in Brawl. I got the hang of playing as Mega Man, and I still don't understand Villager's playstyle.

I played a ton of matches in the demo with friends and my circle pad still works like a champ. I don't understand how aggressive Japanese players are when it comes to breaking off circle pads lol.

Speaking of mains, do you guys set a limit to how many characters you play as? Like do you think having 6 characters to practice with is too much and rather stick with 2 characters only?

I stuck with 4 since Brawl but with a roster so huge this time around, I might add a 5th.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    the controls were easy to use for me on the game the only problem characters in the demo I saw were mario and megaman felt clunky to use.

Back