• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The 30+1 Day Video Game Challenge!

Years
    Day 18 – What game did you think you would like, but ended up hating?

Probably a few years ago when The Elder Scrolls Online was released, the game was bad at launch and stayed that way for years until they eventually managed to revamp various systems and how the game is played. I hear it's actually a pretty good MMO now, but when I originally played it I was so disappointed (being the massive Elder Scrolls fan I am) and was pretty letdown cause it could have been amazing. I played it for probably half a year and then gave up, I've gone back to it a few times, but just can't seem to enjoy it too much. It's like they combined the worst aspects of Elder Scrolls and MMOs together. Like I mentioned, I haven't played in a while, or the DLCs which are supposed to be good as well.

Years
    Day 19 – What is the last game you played?

Played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX this morning :) I loved the originals as a kid and am really happy I can go back and spend a lot of time in that world - and maybe finally complete Buried Relic that 10 year old me was never able to do.

Years
    Day 17 – What game do you disagree with the general opinion on?
    Basically any competitive online game like LoL, DOTA, Fortnite and so on. I usually find them pretty repetitive and boring.

Sleeping Dogs. It has been years since I tried it, but I remember I barely enjoyed it as all and dropped it pretty quickly. But I want to give it another try one day.

Tales of Berseria. I love it so far, but I'm not sure if I can finish it before the end of this month. And I should probably also write my first impression to the other event thread.

Years
    • Seen today
    Day 17 – What game do you disagree with the general opinion on?

I agree with Breath of the Wild. I was bored, it was a big open world but the side quests weren't nearly as interesting, as say Skyrim. Pretty quickly I was able to roam the map without any fear of dying (Except to maybe Lynels). I'd rather have a traditional Zelda game again.

Paper Mario Sticker Star. I was one of those who purchased it excepting a TTYD sequel on 3DS. That was my own mistake, but I was still disappointed.

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Before that GTA IV.

Years
    Day 20 – What's the most ridiculous quest you completed in a game?

The 'A Night To Remember' sidequest is the first that springs to mind with that question, that was a pretty funny quest going through and seeing all the chaos your character caused whilst drunk :')

Years
    "Mysterious Ways" in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It went from solving a murder to getting drunk with a priest, doing some unskopen things and giving a sermon in the end. If you ever wondered how a usual night in Czech looks like, this is pretty much the best representation you can get.

Day 21 – What is the weirdest game you played and enjoyed?
    The Void. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was one of the hardest game I've ever played, mostly because you have to manage your resources, while having no idea what to do next and I had to restart my game several times just because I run out of life. It was frustrating artsy experience that I loved every part of it.

Years
    Probably a steam game called Little Inferno? Iirc it was a game about controlling some little coal fire pieces in a map/fireplace? I dunno haha, it's not really too weird, just something I wouldn't usually play at all!

Day 22 – What game were you so enraptured by that you beat it extremely quickly?
    I guess you can't really 'beat it', but I completed the Final Fantasy XIV base story super fast! I was so wrapped up in that game and was clocking like 6-7 hours everyday with one of my mates last summer. It was definitely worth it though!

Years
    Day 22 – What game were you so enraptured by that you beat it extremely quickly?
    My Time at Portia. I didn't probably beat it extremely quickly (since I spent about 60 hours and a whole December in it), but I spent way more hours per day on it than I usually do spend on games per day.

pkmin3033

Ni No Kuni. You would think that a game with Studio Ghibli visuals and soundtrack would be a good game...but this is not a good game. As entertaining as Drippy is, even he cannot save the awful plot, thoroughly unlikeable cast of characters, AWFUL creature recruitment rates, and depressingly boring combat. There's just...nothing to like about this game. The soundtrack isn't even that good, and for a game with anime visuals it's depressingly bland, even for its time. I had such high hopes for this, but it crashed and burned so hard.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Megamix...scraped an E Rank in Ageage Again on Hard. I am most proud of myself for this!

"Age is Just a Number" in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's a quest given to you by an old lady who wants you to hunt animals for ingredients for an elixir to improve her husband's sex drive. The ingredients are Deer Tongue and Bear Scrotum. One of the options for resolution of the quest is for you to satisfy her yourself. Yeaaaah. That was ridiculous...and highly entertaining. xD

Drakengard. It doesn't get much weirder and more disturbing than this.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is probably the most recent incident I've had of this...some 2 years ago now.

Years
    Day 23 – What game do you plan on playing in the near future?

I'm hoping to play Ghost of Tshushima, if I can manage to get my PS4 fixed soon, but that's not cheap and I need to make money last. So, it'll hopefully be in the near future, or when the PS5 comes out:( the game looks so good as well!

Years
    Probably one that I brought during Steam Summer Sale. Either Vampyr, 7 Billions Humans or A Plague Tale: Innocence. But I'm also thinking about replaying Portal or Polarity.

Years
    No one posted here in a while, so I'll double post...

Day 24 – What game had a big emotional impact on you?
    Life is Strange. I heard a lot about it, but had no idea I'll get so invested in the story and will feel so empty and broken after finishing it.

Day 25 – What is your comfort game?
    Probably Gothic, Heroes of Might and Magic IV or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. All are the games I pick when I feel like playing something, but don't want to play anything specific.

Day 26 – What game has the best soundtrack you've ever heard?
    I'm not a person who would notice soundtracks and even plays without music a lot of time. But I'll give this to Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

Day 27 – What is your favorite classic game?
    Define classic. But I think Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is classic enough.

Day 28 – What is your favorite game series?
    This is hard... There are Gothic, Spyro, Portal and Isaac that come on mind. Picking one of them usually depends on my current mood.

Day 29 – What game scared the crap out of you?
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It came out when I was 13 and I decided to puy it, because I'm a tough guy. I haven't finished it until about a year later, because I was so scared of it. I replayed it last October and it is still the best horror game I've ever played. I'm trying to find a game that would make me scared jsut like first Amnesia, but so far no other game managed to do so. SOMA was really great, but I could never really immerse into it. First Outlast was fine, but relied too much on its jumpscares and had mediocre atmosphere, both Layers of Fear games were laughtable at best, and bunch and bunch of indie horror games just fail to capture the same atmosphere and jumpscares like Amnesia or make them even better.

Years
    Time to catch up again!

I'd say Pokemon, seeing as it was the games I was brought up on and gives me an intense feeling of nostalgia whenever I go back and play the older games. It reminds me of my childhood and everything I've been through and a yearning to go back and experience those times again, so I guess it has a pretty big emotional impact on me!

Probably Final Fantasy XIV, I can easily lose hours in that world and I really get immersed whenever I'm playing. I don't even have to be actually doing quests, raids etc, I can just chill at the free company house, gold saucer etc and enjoy my time, it's really a game I can find comfort in.

This is a really tough question, but for me it has to be Halo 3. Again, a really nostalgic game for me, and one that came with an amazing soundtrack, from the perfectly timed scores in the campaign, to the iconic Halo theme music on the title screen, I'll probably never forget the Halo 3 soundtrack tbh.

I'm pretty sure it's a classic, so gonna go with Mario Bros 3. This was the first classic Mario Bros game I actually played, and loved the introduction of Tanooki Mario, which I found was a really fun power to play with. Overall, a really good Mario game!

Again, gonna have to go with Pokemon. There's not a game series that can even compare with the amount of hours I've put into the Pokemon franchise over the years, it's not even close, and I've enjoyed every minute of it! With how much of a part Pokemon has played in my life, it has to be my answer to this question I guess haha.

I don't really play scary or horror games, so memories of playing Slenderman in my school libary (until it got banned) and at sleepovers is the only thing that jumps into my head.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Way too far behind, so I'll start from day 23.

It was Control, but I just got my hands yesterday, so probably Atelier Ryza when I get around to finishing the previous trilogy.

I was a kid when I played FFIX, and it was the first game where I really cared about the characters and story. Ending always hits me in the feels.

I honestly would say Pokemon.

Chrono Cross and it's not even close. I also really loved Wild Arms 3, and a lot of Falcom's stuff.

Super Mario World was the first game I owned as a kid, and immediately fell in love with it. Even to this day, I find the design incredible.

That's a tough one. Up until a few years ago I would have said Suikoden, but that's series is all but dead, and Konami plans to keep it that way. So atm, I'd go with Fire Emblem. I've played from 2 to whatever title where on now, and I've only really disliked one game (Fates).

Well, Silent Hill 2 is still my favorite horror game to this day, and definitely freaked me out as a kid. The atmosphere is unmatched, and Pyramid Head is such an iconic villain. A lot of the themes and representations went over my head as a kid, but understanding and realizing what they mean now makes me appreciate the game even more so.

Years
    Day 30 – What game did you think you wouldn't like, but ended up loving?
    It's cheating but I honestly can't think of one, I'm quite picky with my games so don't usually buy/play a game I don't think I'll like.

Day 31 - BONUS ROUND! What game are you currently playing, and what do you plan on playing next?
    Am currently going through the post-game of Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX and having a great time! Hoping to finally get my PS4 fixed and play Ghost of Tshushima next but we'll see!

Thanks Dawn for putting this on, I love the 30 day challenges and is nice to see them back :)

Years
    Day 30 – What game did you think you wouldn't like, but ended up loving?
    The Witcher 3. I already said the reasons on different question, but I was afraid about changes to the whole gameplay structure and bigger inclusion of book stuff.

Day 31 - BONUS ROUND! What game are you currently playing, and what do you plan on playing next?
    I'm currently not playing anything, since I finished Tales of Berseria. I think I'll play either 7 Billions Humans, Vampyr or A Plague Tale: Innocence. I also have bunch of Zachtronics games that I wanted to play lately.

This was fun to answer. It really made me think about some answers and my gaming habits.

Back