• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return Thread

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I've been gone for 8 months and I don't think anyone still remembers me, but I have returned as of today. My schedule has been overwhelmed by medical school and other times have been taken by work.

During my long break, I somehow remembered a very old account of mine from 2006. Unfortunately, the password is impossible to remember and the email attached to it has been long deleted by Yahoo. I've actually visited this community several times even after forgetting that account since there's a certain charm to this forum that keeps pulling me back. It can be that witty slogan, the huge selection of beautiful themes, or even the insightful discussions that you can find here. However, I've always refrained from posting anywhere since despite being in a community centred around a particular franchise, it's been a long time since my last gameplay. I felt like it's not necessary for me to take part in discussions—even under areas outside Pokemon—considering the last game I played was Platinum. I don't know, but it probably has something to do about me being an oddball.

Now I'm looking forward to getting one of the new games—Alpha Sapphire to be exact. Pokemon Sapphire on the GBA was my first game!

Reactions: llr
Years
I've been gone for 8 months and I don't think anyone still remembers me, but I have returned as of today. My schedule has been overwhelmed by medical school and other times have been taken by work.

During my long break, I somehow remembered a very old account of mine from 2006. Unfortunately, the password is impossible to remember and the email attached to it has been long deleted by Yahoo. I've actually visited this community several times even after forgetting that account since there's a certain charm to this forum that keeps pulling me back. It can be that witty slogan, the huge selection of beautiful themes, or even the insightful discussions that you can find here. However, I've always refrained from posting anywhere since despite being in a community centred around a particular franchise, it's been a long time since my last gameplay. I felt like it's not necessary for me to take part in discussions—even under areas outside Pokemon—considering the last game I played was Platinum. I don't know, but it probably has something to do about me being an oddball.

Now I'm looking forward to getting one of the new games—Alpha Sapphire to be exact. Pokemon Sapphire on the GBA was my first game!

Oh hey great to see you back again! I do feel for what happened to your old account, but hopefully you can stick around with us and try not to disappear again!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Well then, considering the amount of assignments for my final weeks of the semester, I shall bid you all adieu for a bit. Told you last month that I'll be inactive during the first weeks of May. :P

I swear, videos and dramas and role plays and posters and regular college assignments argh

Years
Well then, considering the amount of assignments for my final weeks of the semester, I shall bid you all adieu for a bit. Told you last month that I'll be inactive during the first weeks of May. :P

I swear, videos and dramas and role plays and posters and regular college assignments argh

Good luck to you senpai, because exams are always something where your focus needs to come first. All the best, here's to hoping you get good grades and we'll see you around here back with us in due time!

Candy

Years
Good luck to you senpai, because exams are always something where your focus needs to come first. All the best, here's to hoping you get good grades and we'll see you around here back with us in due time!

Less about the exams and more about the ridiculousness of the final projects haha. I kid you not about everything I mentioned in that last sentence

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
Oh hey great to see you back again! I do feel for what happened to your old account, but hopefully you can stick around with us and try not to disappear again!

Yup! You're the first person I remembered when I returned since I momentarily searched my friends list if I can back my statement about knowing some members. "Some of them... might know me enough to warrant a post here..."

As for the account, it's fine. I just have a thing for reading my inbox from old email and forum accounts. I expect them to be cringeworthy, but it can also be amusing if one can get past the embarrassment. It's just unfortunate that I can't remember the credentials at all for two of my oldest forum accounts (2003 on a certain anime forum that's still alive today, AS, and now PC.)

Thanks for the welcome. I'll do my best to stick around.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

I'm not sure if you remember me as Dragon, but welcome back, friend. <33

Awh, you always seem to be busy these days. ;_; Come back soon, yeah? Good luck on your work!

Candy

Years
Awh, you always seem to be busy these days. ;_; Come back soon, yeah? Good luck on your work!

You have to admit that a deadline of 2 weeks on everything I've mentioned on that post is not the best thing ever. :T

But don't worry, I'll be back sooner than you think <3

Years
This is my official return to PC. After 1 month of being off I am back, better than ever!

I understand your sudden absence given how you were feeling and coming after that recent move to Alabama, but it's great to have you back with us again and I'm sure you'll be extra confident now!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Hey everyone, I've finally returned! Hopefully back under my original name when I first signed on here in 2012. Time to take to the skies once again!

I am still a little busy here and there, but I needed a much deserved break. I was going under so much depression that I didn't know what to do. I'm not fully out of it yet but I do feel a lot more energy than before. Looking forward to talking with you all once again! :D

Years
Hey everyone, I've finally returned! Hopefully back under my original name when I first signed on here in 2012. Time to take to the skies once again!

I am still a little busy here and there, but I needed a much deserved break. I was going under so much depression that I didn't know what to do. I'm not fully out of it yet but I do feel a lot more energy than before. Looking forward to talking with you all once again! :D

Great to hear your time away has helped you get over your depression issues. Suffering depression can really take a toll but keeping your distance can help when it's needed. But anyhow, welcome back to the forums!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
This is my official return to PC. After 1 month of being off I am back, better than ever!

Ahhh, welcome back, friend! I've missed you entirely; I'm glad that things have been going great for you, and I look forward to your activity~ <33

Aye, depression is pretty tough to combat. But you know, if you ever need a buddy to talk with, or to hang with, I'll be your guy! But yes, cheers and I hope that you will feel 100% better soon! But right now, it's great to have you back~ <33

Years

Heeey, Welcome back xD

Years
Just a reminder that I'm going to be scaling back my activity a bit because something bad happened and I've lost a bit of confidence because I got reminded of some terrible event that happened to me four years ago and I need to spend a few months of reduced activity to give me time to recover.

I will be still checking certain threads and maybe check some of my regular sections but other than that, I need to spend a bit less time here for a while so I'll be in hiding until I get better, around July I think.

So yeah, not leaving but just suffering personal issues.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Just a reminder that I'm going to be scaling back my activity a bit because something bad happened and I've lost a bit of confidence because I got reminded of some terrible event that happened to me four years ago and I need to spend a few months of reduced activity to give me time to recover.

I will be still checking certain threads and maybe check some of my regular sections but other than that, I need to spend a bit less time here for a while so I'll be in hiding until I get better, around July I think.

So yeah, not leaving but just suffering personal issues.

That's okay, take as long as you need! If you want, I'll give you some time off as a mentor until you recover~

But I hope you'll feel better soon, and we'll miss your activity here. </3

Years
That's okay, take as long as you need! If you want, I'll give you some time off as a mentor until you recover~

But I hope you'll feel better soon, and we'll miss your activity here. </3

Don't worry I'm not leaving. I'll still be posting but not as much until I get better. Around June or July I should be back to my usual activity.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Toshiro Hikamaru And Starry Windy ! I am feeling really good because of the words expressed by you guys ! Thank you for remembering me ! I know its been long since i replied here. Actually i don't really have a clue whether i can be active like before or not. But still I am trying to chuck the gloom situation of being in a place without you guys. I will cease to exist without internet. Haha but still thanks!

TheKingOfFrisia

well... the King
Years
Welp, i'm back. For how long i don't know, and if i don't post again who knows. Anyhow i "was" タイラー, or commonly referred to as Tyler. I'm probably not going to change my name back, as interests have changed, but i hope to fit in at least as awkwardly as before. I know i left without notice, but hopefully i will have enough time to get back into the community ;)

Back