• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know that pain and suffering. Sometimes I just have to say time out and take a week off to recharge.

Years
  • no the thing is that this was announced and because of it they want all us store managers to work the days leading up to it to make sure everything is perfect and like ... those are my typical days off. originally i was gonna split and do monday and saturday for metrocon so i wouldn't work nine days but lmao that's out the window now

the last time they said corporate was going to be around they never shows lmfao but this time they actually will be bc they're like... doing everything they can to make sure everything is good i feel bad for our maintenance guy. guess it doesn't help that it's not just corporate it's our owner's partners coming around as well

yikes talk about... maximum level stress. @__@ but I do have a question:

if you're forced to work your regular days off, couldn't you give yourself different days off to make up for it? like, say you work monday AND tuesday, couldn't you take friday/sat off or something? or are you not allowed to do that?

Of course, that's undeniable but I do hope you can find something more suitable long term :)

thanks. n.n hopefully something that's significantly closer and much less taxing on me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yikes talk about... maximum level stress. @__@ but I do have a question:

if you're forced to work your regular days off, couldn't you give yourself different days off to make up for it? like, say you work monday AND tuesday, couldn't you take friday/sat off or something? or are you not allowed to do that?
    that's... why i'm gonna have fri/sat off next week but keep in mind my two days off this week were mon/tues because i didn't split them up this week. so from tomorrow to next thursday is nine days lmao

if you're asking why i don't take this fri/sat off it's because our work weeks run sun-sat

Last edited:
    Years
  • After this week for me I'm going to get back to full 40 hr/week shifts since I'm kinda getting broke lmao....

but seriously though it takes some powerful people to work 10hr+ shifts. @_@

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'd say more like crazy...lol. That's just too much for me. Then you feel like you have no time to yourself because you're either working or sleeping.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    kinda glad i've already crashed and burned on the social front so i can just go home and sleep for hours and not have to worry about much else lol

Years
  • yeah what is: having a life

like by the time I get home from work the only thing I can do is pretty much sleep and since my body doesn't like sleeping early, I wake up literally 3 hours later, unable to go to sleep, and end up staying up the whole night. rinse and repeat.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    my plans are 100% work, whatever errands i have to absolutely do, sleep, watch inazuma eleven, sleep some more with some possibly internet browsing/roleplaying in-between lmao. i tried going on the discord for 2.5 seconds today and it didn't Work Out so i'm just gonna take my time recovering. pushing myself like i did prior is just going to make things worse for me.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Yeah, don't push yourself too much. I ended up in the infirmary doing just that. :'(

I plan to go to the gym today, then I have a second appointment with my therapist. Hope it goes well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm going to work tomorrow to learn how to open and finally get some register training. i've worked at this store before but it's been like three years, but i anticipate it'll come back to me pretty easily. just wondering if it'll be either really dead or really active tomorrow bc it's the 4th of july lmfao.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yeah i wish i could remember forth of july sales for last year lmao. i do believe the day after forth of july is slow for us though because everyone is out all night so they're too hungover to drive or sleeping in. normally the case at least but i guess i should check last year's sales when i go in.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • well this is atlanta and not podunk rando town in alabama so i feel like it'll be busier. back home, everybody cookin out and going down to the lake and drinkin all day. i feel like people in atlanta are. less inclined to do that? but idk. who goes to buy video games on the 4th of july lmfao

Years
  • im thankful I get holidays off but then I remember how much of a bummer it is at the same time because time and half would be great lmao..........

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    dunkin doesn't believe in any holidays except christmas and thanksgiving for time and a half bc they're volunteer only holidays lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The cute action/emotion threads got closed :dansad:

Years
  • I've only got Chinese holidays off with this job but honestly I don't mind it. Actually I'm pretty lucky with the nature of working in a training centre so my holiday time is different to most other people's i.e. I've been able to go travelling just after or just before the main holiday surges.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I should be getting a vacation soon but i?? Dont know when that is still?? I think with corporate and owners coming going around and making sure managers that havent gotten a vacation is being pushed until probably august/early September i should.... ask on Friday.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My job we are open every day of the year. I pick and choose which holidays I want off or work some of them. Like today I'm opening for the 4th of July so I get out to see fireworks if I want to. I'll open for a few hours on Thanksgiving but I refuse to work Christmas because that to me is a time for family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back