• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Same, I've played it a few times too. Ephraim's path is the harder one imo, if only because of that ship level with fog of war... @_@

True, fog levels are annoying as hell already, but the ship level was hard af compared to the other route's counterpart.
    Although, personally Eirika's route was more memorable storywise, but idk I need to play Epharim's again as well, I only remember it gave me the big sad because of Selena

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like how sleeping early just... never really works out for me. It just doesn't. I try to sleep early, and it's like I took another nap, instead. Ah, well. @_@

I tried to sleep early just for the sake of waking up on time for work but that...didn't work out as smoothly as I expected.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    When I close at work I have to take my old lady nap as I call it because if I don't by 11pm I'm yawning and dragging ass. Then the rest of the night just seems like it takes forever to be over with.

Years
  • so much for that because i took a hell of a nap already and my body already feels super sore and i dont feel like going outside rip

imma give it some time; i can still go outside later in the afterno--- /checks weather

"Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High 93F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%."

Well, nevermind then. >.>

Another case of a nap being bad I see, one day you'll learn ;)

Hi DCC!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    To be fair, I thought this would take more time.

Also, hi, hi, everyone. How are you all?

Years
  • today has been one hell of a day.

let's just say I've come to the realization that this job is definitely not meant for me. ._.

Years
  • Yeah, I've spoken about it at length with both of my bosses. Truth be told, I'm just not up for having people yell at me for hours upon end a day for something that's not my fault. And it goes beyond the typical retail pissy customer because with my job, it could be their health at risk and I'm bound by company policy to pretty much tell them the procedure and they can take it or leave it. It's just emotionally draining.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I understand that. I assume your job is probably in the health/medical field. I'm sure when you're at risk of actually ruining someone's life, it can be a little more stressful than retail.

Years
  • I understand that. I assume your job is probably in the health/medical field. I'm sure when you're at risk of actually ruining someone's life, it can be a little more stressful than retail.

Health insurance, more specifically. I've had people tell me all kinds of sob stories and idk I don't want it to weigh on my conscious that I screwed someone's life up somehow. That's how delicate this is.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Health insurance, more specifically. I've had people tell me all kinds of sob stories and idk I don't want it to weigh on my conscious that I screwed someone's life up somehow. That's how delicate this is.

Oh Jesus that's gotta be both emotionally and physically draining. I'd hate to sit all day and hear people cry about a family member they just lost or an injury that left severely immobile. Like I can see how you might not be capable of handling that. I really thought hearing the random "my wife just died" from a random customer at my job (bagger at a grocer) was exhausting. That's way worse.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh Jesus that's gotta be both emotionally and physically draining. I'd hate to sit all day and hear people cry about a family member they just lost or an injury that left severely immobile. Like I can see how you might not be capable of handling that. I really thought hearing the random "my wife just died" from a random customer at my job (bagger at a grocer) was exhausting. That's way worse.

I can't spill too much for privacy reasons, but imagine that you're getting calls from people who tell you that they're currently in the hospital right now needing treatment and the doctor at the hospital says that they have to pay out of pocket because they're not covered for whatever reason or that their insurance dropped them. That's the kind of stuff (and even more) that I have to deal with.

It really does tear me apart every time. Sure, there's the incompetent people who neglect this and don't really prioritize their insurance when they should, but for a lot of people it really isn't their fault that they're in the predicament they're in and it just sucks dealing with that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Working at a call center for medical insurance sounds like one of the absolute most stressful jobs on the planet. Hearing these sad stories and knowing people's life savings and even lives may be on the line is just....I wouldn't be able to handle that stress :s

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I can't spill too much for privacy reasons, but imagine that you're getting calls from people who tell you that they're currently in the hospital right now needing treatment and the doctor at the hospital says that they have to pay out of pocket because they're not covered for whatever reason or that their insurance dropped them. That's the kind of stuff (and even more) that I have to deal with.

It really does tear me apart every time. Sure, there's the incompetent people who neglect this and don't really prioritize their insurance when they should, but for a lot of people it really isn't their fault that they're in the predicament they're in and it just sucks dealing with that.

God that sounds awful. Way worse than any of the political offices I've worked at. That sounds so stressful and exhausting. Are you doing okay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back