• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Another thing , Nobody seem to give a dam care about "Character Development" in Youkai Watch!
    The Friends of the Protagonist has no idea about Youkai despite appearing in all Opening & Ending While Jibanyan is basically Oshawott 0.2 that can talk.
    But Everyone get so obsessed over the "Character development" in Pokemon , Digimon , Charlotte and all other shouene based anime.
    If any character get less or more spotlight then everyone start fussing about it.
    I wonder Why ?
    Jibanyan's a mascot, so he's more analogous to Pikachu than Oshawott (or if we're talking animals, Meowth, he still has a larger presence.

But really, if you're watching Youkai Watch for character development, you're watching the wrong show- well, for the most part. If you expect it out of the main cast...it's a sitcom anime, so it's unlikely in cases where it's not adapting game situations. People don't seem to care about it because it's not a concern. Out of other characters like Komasan and Jinmenken, though, whose segments are entirely arc based, you should expect development, because they're segments could really be their own individual seasonal anime.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Let's talk Steins;Gate 0.

They greenlit the show a while ago. Apparently, it'll take place somewhere around episode 22/23, assimilating with the main storyline we first got. We'll get to see
    Spoiler:

I'm really excited for this, because Steins;Gate is love.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I was quite the fan of SG back when I watched it, even more when I played it.

Nowadays, though, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I'd like to think I can avoid being jaded when it comes to a show's popularity. I'd like to thank mass opinion won't affect how I feel about a show, but...Steins;Gate might be too popular. And I don't mean that it has too many fans, I mean that Steins;Gate is lauded as the best anime ever by many and the the opening is considered one of the best there is, more by extension than because of its quality as an opening (shame the ending gets the shaft since it's how I found out about the show). Both of which seem like a pretty big stretch.

I don't mind too much because the show is good, but it really shocked me since I watched the show in an era where it wasn't as close to popular as it is now. But hearing this incredibly high praise kind of skews my vision of what I liked about it. I couldn't tell you how I felt when I finished it, other than that I liked it a lot.

...But ah, well. Looking forward to 0. Waiting for Robotics;Notes VN port, too. And possibly a Kill-Ballad game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Jibanyan's a mascot, so he's more analogous to Pikachu than Oshawott (or if we're talking animals, Meowth, he still has a larger presence.

But really, if you're watching Youkai Watch for character development, you're watching the wrong show- well, for the most part. If you expect it out of the main cast...it's a sitcom anime, so it's unlikely in cases where it's not adapting game situations. People don't seem to care about it because it's not a concern. Out of other characters like Komasan and Jinmenken, though, whose segments are entirely arc based, you should expect development, because they're segments could really be their own individual seasonal anime.

So Youkai Watch is more like "The Simpsons" !
    I think , The main reason Youkai Watch can pull this off because Keita doesn't have any goal to achieve.
    He's not trying to be a Youkai Master or defeat Bad guy to save the World. Unlike Pokemon's case where Ash is trying to be a Pokemon Master.
    The only thing Keita want to do is Woo Fumika which he failed at everytime he try because some Youkai will always mess thing up for him.
    It seem Kids Anime are more connected to Protagonist developing unrequited feeling.
    Specially Anime that were created by Fujiko !
    Seriously , How many Kids Anime did Fujiko made ? Pratically all 60s and 70s anime (Doreamon, Perman , Chinpui , Ninja Hatori , Ultima 8) were made by them.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

They greenlit the show a while ago. Apparently, it'll take place somewhere around episode 22/23, assimilating with the main storyline we first got. We'll get to see
    Spoiler:

Definitely looking forward to that.
    I'm just wondering if the game gets localized... would love to play Beta Worldline where Christina "wasn't" saved.

Years

Spoiler:

That's great! I saw the show maybe two years ago but I didn't finish it, even though I found it a very good show and concept and all; this is motivation enough to finish it now, though.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I was quite the fan of SG back when I watched it, even more when I played it.

Nowadays, though, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I'd like to think I can avoid being jaded when it comes to a show's popularity. I'd like to thank mass opinion won't affect how I feel about a show, but...Steins;Gate might be too popular. And I don't mean that it has too many fans, I mean that Steins;Gate is lauded as the best anime ever by many and the the opening is considered one of the best there is, more by extension than because of its quality as an opening (shame the ending gets the shaft since it's how I found out about the show). Both of which seem like a pretty big stretch.

I don't mind too much because the show is good, but it really shocked me since I watched the show in an era where it wasn't as close to popular as it is now. But hearing this incredibly high praise kind of skews my vision of what I liked about it. I couldn't tell you how I felt when I finished it, other than that I liked it a lot.

...But ah, well. Looking forward to 0. Waiting for Robotics;Notes VN port, too. And possibly a Kill-Ballad game.
    I watched it after it was already up there on MAL on the second spot. As a result, I had high expectations. It'll suffice to say that my expectations weren't met the first time round. I scored it as a 7 I think? I changed it to an 8 after I actually gave it a bit of thought and, in retrospect, I now think that I actually like the series quite a lot too. But yeah, definitely. The show's rating just got inflated the more people watched it. The opening song is catchy, sure, but it is nowhere near anything I'd call "the best" since there are many where the visuals accompany the excellent music hand-in-hand. The visuals here were just decent at best. Same goes for the series - it is a very solid 8 in my book. An 8.5, even.

The show is overrated over at MAL. :p But that said, I'm looking forward to 0. When is it coming out?

On a totally different note:
    I can't emphasize this enough - Fairy Tail's villain's backstory is fucking brilliant. The series would've actually been much better off if it centered around the main villain instead. I dislike FT but even I can't deny that the chicks are godly-level hot, the OST in the anime is eargasm/10 and Zeref's got an amazing backstory. Those three are facts for me. XD;

Years
  • I never liked Steins;Gate's OP, I'm not a big fan of it. It's not bad, it's just kind of average. Fits the tone of the show well but that doesn't mean I could stop my hand from clicking past it.

Good show, not super memorable imo but it didn't really need to be.

Years
    • Durarara!! (2nd)
    • Haikyuu!! (1st)
    • Hanasaku Iroha (1st)
    • Hanasaku Iroha (2nd)
    • Non Non Biyori
    • Noragami
    • Psycho-Pass (1st)
    • Psycho-Pass (2nd)
    • Working'!!
    • Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    • Barakamon

in no particular order.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm wonder if there any possibility for Gintoki to receive any Power-Up that will allow him fight and defeat a True Yato.
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Totes not gonna do this. Doing any sort of opening rating thing is really bad for my health and REALLY bad for my free time.

Onii-sama no Mahou Koukou obviously.

(Because HanaKana only sings openings in a few eps :P)
    On that basis, I'd think you'd count Monogatari, too.

I'm not quite a HanaKana fan, myself, but Mousou Express is a pretty great opening. Renai Circulation's not bad, either.

Years
  • So which shows do have the best OPs, A&MDCC?
    Spoiler:

Do you really wanna know my list? It is filled with OPs with catchy crap from popular anime that I got stuck in my head. And its most recent edition was "Cagayake! Girls". "Renai Circulation" and "Platinum Disco" are also in there. As is "Super Driver". And "Yuriyurarararayuruyuri Daijiken". Oh, and "Let Me Be With You" from Chobits. And I'll stop naming OPs in the list before it gets way too long. The list is kinda long, and it's mostly based on audio content rather than visual content, though most of them are actually fun visual OPs, too.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Speaking of openings, dubbed Durarara x2 Ten just started airing and I'm quite the fan of it's opening right off the back. I'd imagine after hearing it a few times it'll probably my favorite DRRR! opening behind Complication (which was the song that got me into the show).

Looks like my Fall season is starting a bit earlier than expected :q

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • WE SHOULD AMASS A LIBRARY OF ALL OUR FAVOURITE OPENINGS!

COME, SYNCH AND MACHO. LET US COLLECT.
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back