• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    My fav would be platinum. Had diamond traded it in at gamestop missed playing pokemon and then saw a pokemon platinum commercial on the TV. So i went out and bought it that very day. I like it way better then Diamond due to most of the reasons ppl above have stated.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I honestly prefer Pearl. The only downsides to it is how horribly slow it can be during gameplay (battling), and not being able to rebattle gym leaders.
    Also, its Battle Frontier is lame too, but other than that platinum trumps it in no way, imo.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I have Pearl and Platinum. Although, I like Platinum better. It has more features, better Pokemon teams, etc. Also, the battling is more smooth than in Diamond/Pearl. I also like Giratina, the mascot of Platinum, and the new Distortion World it has in the game, and how you can catch Dialga and Palkia. And you can rebattle gym leaders plus there are more battle frontiers at the Battle Area.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Pokemon Platinum because you can get both Palkia and Dialga and because there is a Battle Frontier which I love having their. I also like the fact that there are new forms for certain Pokemon that you can't see in Diamond and Pearl

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    Definitely Platinum. Battle Frontier + Dialga + Palkia + Distortion World = Happy Marill. Also, I gotta admit, I really liked seeing snow in Twinleaf Town and the new outfits. Re battling Gym Leaders and stat trainers was fun too, and needed, might I add.

Kalala

Gunsou
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2018
    D and Pearl.
    Why? First DS Games i got.
    Im not really all into giritina also, and the distortion world creeped me out like hell.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Liked Pearl, probably because I never got Platinum. (I have played Diamond though, but it's basically the same thing. xD) I like Palkia more than Dialga, so yeah.

Years
  • I think I clocked in the most hours in Pearl, but I'll have to say Platinum is my favourite. I just have way too much fun with the battle frontier. And also, I think the variety of Pokemon was a lot better (it was nice to be able to catch a fire type other than Ponyta...)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To be honest I want to say Platinum, but if it hadn't given me problems and not allowing any DS/DSi to read it, I would have been able to experience the new additions from Diamond and Pearl to it and it would have gotten my vote. :( Aaand because of this, Pearl would be the only one I mainly play and it would have to end up being my favorite. I do everything in this game, and chaining (which I wish they would've brought into HGSS and B/W) is one of my favorite things to do in the game aside from the usual EV training for competitive teams.
    So because of the whole Platinum corruption, I would have to say Pearl would be my favorite game for Gen 4 as it's the main one I play and enjoy daily. u_u;

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Pokemon Platinum because of the reason that I always prefer the third game over the previous two. XD; Battle Frontier was another reason as well~!

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Diamond is where all of my awesomness is at lol. Thats where my favorite pokemon are as well as my super cool party. My Diamond totally reeks of awesomness.

Years
  • platinum is the best for me for a number of reasons-
    -improved storyline
    -cooler things to do (distortion world, giratina)
    -i found two shinies in one day :D
    -i've beaten the game easily again
    -battle frontier
    -its where i keep all my strongest pokemon!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I love Platinum. The battles are much more faster compared to DP, and not to mention Giratina. And improved world graphics. And speed. The Battle Frontier is a nice addition.

Shaymin Tamer

Shiny Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    I have to say i like Pearl the best because it has a character named after me and because of the awesome legendaries!!

Years
  • I only have Diamond, Platinum is too expensive and paying only $20 for Diamond, it was my first DS game I got when I got a DS. I liked it because of Lucario, he's my favorite pokemon at the moment. I wouldn't mind trying Platinum but it's too expensive for me, even if it is used.

-Pacman-

*Insert title here*
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I love Platinum. That is for one reason, and its name is Giratina Origin Form.

Back