• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You do know about Kyogre/Groudon, right?

Do you think these locations are true for the following

• Rayquaza in Dragon Den

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Kyogre in seafom islands

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Groudon in Dark Cave

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I agree with Dusty Dog. I think it'll probably be Mt. Silver, if not, then where else?

Mt. Silver is an unlikely place for Kyogre and Groudon to be situated in as it is said to [probably] be the place holder for the Arceus event where the level one Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina are unlocked. So, my mind really doesn't go to the heights of Mt. Silver, but more or less to a fixed location like most have been thinking. Seeing as they are both version exclusive, and their surrounding areas from the scans seem to look similar I would think they would be located in one area, rather than two difference places. If it were to be one fixed location though, I wouldn't be surprised to it be a new area made within the game. As for Rayquaza however, the Dragon's Den does seem probabale, so we'll see.

I think maybe you have a side quest to Hoenn only to go where Kyogre/Groudon, and Rayquaza are to catch them.

Like you go to the cave in Sootopolis City, and yeah.

I don't really agree on this. Having this idea is like placing Hoenn within the game, when it wouldn't be needed. Not to mention, the only way into Sootopolis is with a Submarine or Plane/Helicoptor, as their main lower entrance is underwater. So, I really don't think Game Freak will allow trainers to go back to one location in Hoenn for the legendary catch, when they have the option of simply placing them within Kanto or Johto itself, making the process much easier.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I agree with Dusty Dog. I think it'll probably be Mt. Silver, if not, then where else?
    I can also see there being separate cut off rooms in Mt. Silver, however there are many other places to consider. You also have to consider there being new areas.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
  • But will it be on the DS? If you remember, it's been one remake per system (excluding GB and GBC). I doubt that the DS will see a R/S/E remake.

You're assuming Nintendo is even planning a new handheld system. The DS continues to sell at record paces and, honestly, where else can they go? There's only so much improvement you can do graphics and sound-wise on a handheld system, and Nintendo has never been one to release a new system JUST for an improvement in raw tech specs. The unique controls, to many, are and will always be the DS's main area of interest; we all may qualify as hardcore gamers as the term is used, but the DS fits right along perfectly with the Wii's unique and accessible controls; as the GBA was coupled with the Gamecube, you can bet there won't be an actual new handheld system until there's a new main console system, and if history holds true, there wouldn't be a new one until at least 2011-2012, if at all (you have to remember that the Wii isn't a major technical improvement on the GCN, but the main reason for the Wii was the controls and the new direction Nintendo wanted to take the company and the industry).

In short, there's plenty of time for a R/S/E remake, but I DOUBT there will be one as A.) it was less popular than the GSC generation and B.) all the RSE Pokemon are already easily available and comparable with the Generation IV games due to the Pal Park function, a RSE remake would essentially just be needlessly repackaging the games with somewhat improved graphics.

Years
  • Mt. Silver is an unlikely place for Kyogre and Groudon to be situated in as it is said to [probably] be the place holder for the Arceus event where the level one Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina are unlocked.

Is that not just in a new area of the Ruins Of Alph? Shinto Ruins? I thought i read that somewhere, but I haven't been totally up to date with HGSS.
    (Cut this part here out, though, sorry, i wasn't fully thinking what i was writing. In short, I agree.)
    As for the RS Remake speculation, its hard for me to picture, but i think it's highly possible. After Gen 5, that's when to expect them, IMO. They'll either DSi exclusive or on the next new console, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Groudon in Dark Cave? That seems unlikely. I can see Kyogre being in the Seafoam Islands, though. Rayquaza at Mt. Silver is a bit hazy.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Is that not just in a new area of the Ruins Of Alph? Shinto Ruins? I thought i read that somewhere, but I haven't been totally up to date with HGSS.
    (Cut this part here out, though, sorry, i wasn't fully thinking what i was writing. In short, I agree.)
    As for the RS Remake speculation, its hard for me to picture, but i think it's highly possible. After Gen 5, that's when to expect them, IMO. They'll either DSi exclusive or on the next new console, though.

Yes, it is speculated that after unlocking the Arceus event within the games from the Ruins of Alph, then the Shinto Ruins shall be opened above Mt. Silver. There are many facts that prove this to be possible, such as the remedy of it linking the connection between Mt. Coronet and Mt. Silver with Arceus' origin. Needless to say, more than likey I expect a new area to be unfolded in the remakes rather than placing Groudon and Kygore above Mt. Silver. Although, I am still open to the possibilities of the area as well as others known to the players.

As for a possible RSE remake, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, at least not until after a 5th generation. It was noted that after the second and third generation was made, the first generation of Pokémon was remade. Then, after a thrid and fourth generation, the second generation had been remade. So, if this pattern were to follow through, then I wouldn't expect a RSE remake until after the fourth and fifth generation. It isn't impossible for the Hoenn to have a remake, but at this time it wouldn't be needed.

Years
  • So,Kyogre,Groudon and Rayquaza in the games...What do you rhink?

For me personally,quite good.I haven't caught Rayquaza since last year(Due to lising Emerald somewhere).What do you think?

Years
  • i dont rhink anything! o.o

I know they will still make a Gen 3 remake (not for DS though), its obvious, but i gues now its just so we dont have to import Gen 4. i think every generation they try to make it soyou can get every Pokemon, and thats just what their doing. and i like it, its just a little bonus. nothing much. its not like its a whole new side-plot, just a strong monster in a cave x3

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I think Its bad, because now they will become the easiest to get legendaries, and their "trade value" will go down, which is bad for those who have more of them than they know what to do with.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Thinking back, wasn't all that fond of the R/S/E legends.

But catching all the legends is a like a little sidequest, and lengthens the playthrough time for me.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • i think....this might mean that there never will come a 3rd generation remake for ds?

That's what they did with fire red and leaf green with 2nd generation legendaries. Did they make a remake? Yes. It's too soon to tell but I don't think they will since a third generation remake isn't high in demand like gold and silver.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I don't like it. I think that the games should be as similar to the old ones as possible. Adding these legends is just ruins the games for me :/.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think it's a good idea, as it means Nintendo are moving on from GBA games (about time too) and due to the fact DSi's don't have a GBA slot, then that means new players wouldn't be able to get them in the first place.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I think it's great ^^

Most of us lost/sold our R/S/E copies and if you want to buy a new copy of those games, they will cost a pretty penny so I think it's ok :)

And people who have been searching for them can finally own them :)

Back