• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
  • They did give Clair a Gyarados in HGSS, and upped the levels of most Gym Leaders a little bit. And if they keep the EXP mechanics that they did in XY (full EXP for every participant, widespread Exp. Share), they might raise the levels here as well. And I too would like a little variety (maybe give Wattson an Electrike or Flannery a Slugma, etcetera) rather than seeing Gym Leaders have the same things.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • The advantage of the exp share in X and Y is that you could raise 12 different Pokémon and get them all on par with the gym leaders. Something like this was not possible before X and Y, so the exp share has opened up new possibilities for team construction.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, well I'm hopeful about the dupes being replaced since Phoebe has Dusknoir now, it's not something vital and the change is for the better IMO. I'd like something like this;

Roxanne - Geodude, Aron(?), Nosepass
    Brawly - Meditite, Machop, Makuhita
    Wattson - Voltorb, Electrike, Manectric, Magneton
    Flannery - Slugma, Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal
    Norman - Spinda, Vigoroth, Linoone, Slaking
    Winona - Swellow, Tropius, Skarmory, Pelipper, Altaria
    Tate and Liza - Claydol, Xatu, Lunatone, Solrock
    Wallace - Sealeo, Seaking, Luvdisc, Whiscash, Milotic

That's like a mixture of RSE which would be a nice balance.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • Yeah, well I'm hopeful about the dupes being replaced since Phoebe has Dusknoir now, it's not something vital and the change is for the better IMO. I'd like something like this;

I like these teams. They're pretty much the Emerald teams (except for Wallace of course) but with some slight changes. If Juan is in ORAS instead of Wallace replace Milotic with Kingdra.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Still wonder what they're going to do with the other Water-type gym leader, though. I doubt they will just pretend like the one not used didn't exist. Maybe they'll be like some sort of contest boss?

Oh gosh, if Roxanne has an Aron that's going to be tough for us Treecko users ;~; Won't be able to sweep her with just our grass type now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Wallace should be Gym Leader for Alpha Sapphire and Juan as Contest coordinator, and roles reversed for Omega Ruby being Juan as Gym Leader and Wallace as Contest coordinator. Since they're both somewhat involved with the contests in the anime, it would be a good way to fit them both into the games alternatively.

Years
  • Still wonder what they're going to do with the other Water-type gym leader, though. I doubt they will just pretend like the one not used didn't exist. Maybe they'll be like some sort of contest boss?

Oh gosh, if Roxanne has an Aron that's going to be tough for us Treecko users ;~; Won't be able to sweep her with just our grass type now.

Remember what happens with Gym and E4/Champion teams in remakes... they tend to re-use the same rosters they had in the original game. So yeah, the teams will likely end up what they were in the original Ruby & Sapphire at this rate.

But I do hope we can get rematches in the post-game so fingers crossed!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I would take out Wallace's Luvdisc and replace it with Kingdra which Juan had. Or even Ludicolo, Gyarados, one of the Clamperl evos, etc.

Years
  • To me Juan is rather irrelevant, wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't included at all. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was in the game, either as a Contest master or another NPC in post-game. Simple as that.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • I'm totally sure the original ones will be in Hoenn again with
    -Roxanne
    -Brawly
    -Wattson
    -Flannery
    -Norman
    -Winona
    -Tate & Liza
    -Wallace

I believe Juan will have a role in the storyline or make a cameo somewhere for sure.
    As for the ELite Four will stay the same too.

The question for me is, we already saw Dusknoir in Phoebe's Team.
    WIll this mean that Gym Leaders / Elite 4 will have new teams?

Years
  • I'm totally sure the original ones will be in Hoenn again with
    -Roxanne
    -Brawly
    -Wattson
    -Flannery
    -Norman
    -Winona
    -Tate & Liza
    -Wallace

I believe Juan will have a role in the storyline or make a cameo somewhere for sure.
    As for the ELite Four will stay the same too.

The question for me is, we already saw Dusknoir in Phoebe's Team.
    WIll this mean that Gym Leaders / Elite 4 will have new teams?

Dusknoir is the evolution of Dusclops so that isn't a good indication if they will get new teams for the first battle against them. Glacia will probably get Froslass instead of two Glalie. Or maybe Walrein, Walrein, Froslass, Glalie, Glalie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd really like it if Wallace and Juan were both leaders of last gym, and you'd get to choose who you want face off against. As for room designs, I'd really like it if they were all to get some overhaul in general, sort of like how it was done in HeartGold, SoulSilver, and other remakes.

Years
  • I'd really like it if Wallace and Juan were both leaders of last gym, and you'd get to choose who you want face off against. As for room designs, I'd really like it if they were all to get some overhaul in general, sort of like how it was done in HeartGold, SoulSilver, and other remakes.

I remember the FrLg E4's rooms not looking all that different from their originals. Just better graphics.
    If Sidney and Phoebe's rooms are any indication the E4's rooms won't be looking very diiferent from the originals beyond better graphics.

I hope both will appear too, with the two path idea I mentioned earlier. Maybe they could even color code the paths with Wallace's being red and blue and Juan's being green to symbolize their games in the originals.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Might not be appropriate for this thread but may I ask when is the next expected CoroCoro leak going to arrive?

Years
  • Might not be appropriate for this thread but may I ask when is the next expected CoroCoro leak going to arrive?
    It's official release is on the 12th for this next issue (it's an early issue this time as it usually releases officially on the 15th) and usually we get it 5-2 days before so either the 7 (at the very earliest) or the 10th. I'm expecting it to leak on the 8th (well in the 8th of August PDT).

I hope they show the rest of the gym leaders and E4 in addition to the Mega Scoop and the Pikachu costumes they promised.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I think the e4 rooms will ne different because it looked like they were mostly tiles and barely anything to stand up unless they are pillars, but then again, why not add something else to make it their room. Like in the champions room, add some decor.

Years
  • I think the e4 rooms will ne different because it looked like they were mostly tiles and barely anything to stand up unless they are pillars, but then again, why not add something else to make it their room. Like in the champions room, add some decor.

Sadly that was revealed to not be the case. The room designs are similar to how they looked in the original Ruby & Sapphire, aside from the obvious being rendered in 3D and the like.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I think the E4 rooms look great. It's simple, and there's beauty in simplicity.

Besides, their battle scenes look super cool. WAY more exciting than XY. That's what really matters after all. How long are you going to admire a room?

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • I'm sure all the gyms will be drastically redesigned, while others will be pretty much keep the escense of the original RSE.
    from the ones we have seen.

-Rustboro Gym is now a fossil-museum like gym.
    -Dewford Gym is literally a gym, no more darkness becoming light ):
    -Mauville Gym looks based on the original but a little more complicated and spacy than the original gym.
    -Lavaridge Gym looks similar, yet a pretty cool cave-theme going around but it does look that geisers will be around again :D
    -Petalburg Gym looks literally like the RSE gym but this time rendered in 3D xD

As for Elite 4 chambers, they look pretty redesigned, but nothing relevant besides the chairs.
    I wonder if Glacia, and Drake will look different?

Im looking forward to see the Fortree, Mossdeep, and Sootopolis gyms, as well as the Champion's room :D

Back