• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • For the rematch teams I'll like the first four to get:

Roxanne: Probopass, Cradily, Armaldo , Tyrantum, Aurorus (replacing the Kanto fossils to reference how they're sharing this generation with Kalos instead of Kanto), and Gigalith (replacing her Golem from Emerald).

Brawly: Hariyama, Lucario,

Wattson: Magnezone

Flannery: Torcoal, Houndoom, Darmanitar

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's just hope that we can rebattle them after beating Elite 4 and they update their team with new pokemons from Gen 4 to 6.

I agree, it would be nice to see some fresh faces on their rematch teams. And based on OR&AS's theory, I have a good feeling Wattson will evolve his Magneton into Magnezone should rematches happen.

Years
  • Let's just hope that we can rebattle them after beating Elite 4 and they update their team with new pokemons from Gen 4 to 6.

I hope so too, rematches were a lot of fun and the early gym leaders were fun to fight with new difficult teams, it seemed like they were all advanced trainers after training the whole time you had been adventuring, haha.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I just hope that we get true 6v6 rematches and not PWT-esque ones. The PWT was a fun concept, but I really don't want to battle the gym leaders as though they're battle tower trainers.

Years
  • Y'know what I just realized? If Wattson's Magnemite and Magneton have Sturdy, that could suck. We may be looking at the new Colress if that's true D:
    Actually Roxanne herself had both her Pokémon with sturdy in her RS match (strangely her Geodudes (as she got an extra one) were given Rock Head in Emerald but in the rematches her Golem had Sturdy anyways...) so if they keep sturdy she'll take longer to defeat even with Treekco and Mudkip (and Lotad/Seedot and Shroomish). Now if she get's two Geodudes like in Emerald I'm hoping they both get sturdy like her lone Geodude in RS had.

Years
  • Whoa, I didn't even think about Roxanne too. o_O And since she'll most likely have Rock Tomb, that might prove for a hurdle if she can lower Speed. Although her Pokémon are rather slow on their own...

Years
  • Whoa, I didn't even think about Roxanne too. o_O And since she'll most likely have Rock Tomb, that might prove for a hurdle if she can lower Speed. Although her Pokémon are rather slow on their own...
    They are...but perhaps if she were to get Rock polish she could make them faster...but then she'll be pushed into needing to use potions in a long cycle...
    Now if only they give her an Aron with endeavor, and quick attack...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I want every single one of them with some new clothing. That, or replace some of them. Except for Flannery, let's not replace her, haha.

In terms of battling, I still want Tate and Liza to be a double battle, and I sort of want Winona to be a Sky Battle.
    I was thinking the same regarding that Winona could have a Sky Battle... but I don't think it's likely, as expecting a trainer to carry a specific trained type on their team would be very restrictive. Perhaps Winona would be available for Sky Battling post-story mode. Or perhaps those outside Fortree City could specialize in Sky Battles.

....other than that, I think all gymleaders should stay the same for the most part.

Years
  • Y'know what I just realized? If Wattson's Magnemite and Magneton have Sturdy, that could suck. We may be looking at the new Colress if that's true D:

I know from memory (thanks to reading Bulbapedia) that they had Magnet Pull in the originals but oh man I agree on how annoying Wattson can become if his resident magnets gain Sturdy. The new mechanics of that ability will make them harder to defeat, well at least those who picked Mudkip should still have a significant advantage since Mudkip's evos resist both its STABs (dat Electric immunity). I guess the difficulty there will be more evident if someone started with Torchic or Treecko.

Actually Roxanne herself had both her Pokémon with sturdy in her RS match (strangely her Geodudes (as she got an extra one) were given Rock Head in Emerald but in the rematches her Golem had Sturdy anyways...) so if they keep sturdy she'll take longer to defeat even with Treekco and Mudkip (and Lotad/Seedot and Shroomish). Now if she get's two Geodudes like in Emerald I'm hoping they both get sturdy like her lone Geodude in RS had.

You know, I think Roxanne is going to become much harder to defeat compared to the originals due to the new Sturdy mechanics. Given that even if you were to OHKO Nosepass, it'll just hang on with that last slither of its health and will likely fire a Rock Tomb at you, slowing you down. Doesn't even help this generation buffed Rock Tomb's accuracy by a significant margin. And god help if both Geodude and Nosepass have Sturdy... you could likely get your Speed cut by -2 thanks to Rock Tomb.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I know from memory (thanks to reading Bulbapedia) that they had Magnet Pull in the originals but oh man I agree on how annoying Wattson can become if his resident magnets gain Sturdy. The new mechanics of that ability will make them harder to defeat, well at least those who picked Mudkip should still have a significant advantage since Mudkip's evos resist both its STABs (dat Electric immunity). I guess the difficulty there will be more evident if someone started with Torchic or Treecko.

You know, I think Roxanne is going to become much harder to defeat compared to the originals due to the new Sturdy mechanics. Given that even if you were to OHKO Nosepass, it'll just hang on with that last slither of its health and will likely fire a Rock Tomb at you, slowing you down. Doesn't even help this generation buffed Rock Tomb's accuracy by a significant margin. And god help if both Geodude and Nosepass have Sturdy... you could likely get your Speed cut by -2 thanks to Rock Tomb.
    Treecko or Torchic wouldn't actually suffer against Wattson too much either. Even though the mudkip line is ironically the most advantageous (thanks to the part ground typing), the Torchic line can use fire or fighting, that's both, against Wattson with super effective damage. It can probably survive an electric attack no problem. Treecko does not have anything mighty against steel types but it is also resistant to electric (it still takes damage, but less).

As for Roxanne... In the originals I didn't have a single move that could OHKO her pokemon, not even double kick. I personally doubt sturdy will be of much use to her, at least in her first battle - that is assuming rematches return.

Years
  • Yeah, also rock types in the Hoenn region aren't the best type due to the number of grass types one can find early on (two, not counting the starter). Even though it's two that's enough for a gym leader with only 2-3 mons (one 4x weak to grass).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Y'know what I just realized? If Wattson's Magnemite and Magneton have Sturdy, that could suck. We may be looking at the new Colress if that's true D:

I personally wouldn't worry about him too much, though. Regardless of how much I'd trained my Pokémon, I had always found him to be quite easy to beat in RSE (that is, unless I chose grass-type starter and didn't have any other Pokémon with me, which did make it sort of difficult); if they keep all his team members same (alternating their stats, moves, and so forth is a different story), I'd imagine him to not be so tough in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, either.

Hope it happens, because I'm just not such a huge fan of challenging gym leaders; I want to get past them as fast as possible and continue the story.

Years
  • That is true; there were a few things one could attempt to use against his Magnemite and Magneton, including the Water and Fire starters, and Makuhita, Geodude and such. But here, what if they learn Mirror Shot early on? That'd throw Geodude out the window, especially if they do have Sturdy.

Years
  • I always have trouble with Wattson, Winona, and the twins back in the day.

Also since this is a remake why would people want it to be easy just to see the story considering we know most of it already :/ ...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Winona was probs the hardest gym leader. Ever. Norman, Brawly, and Flannery come close. I laugh at the fact you can entirely skip Winona, and reach the E4 Building, till you get to the badge check lmao.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Winona was probs the hardest gym leader. Ever. Norman, Brawly, and Flannery come close. I laugh at the fact you can entirely skip Winona, and reach the E4 Building, till you get to the badge check lmao.

I actually like this idea, because it finally makes use of the badge checks for once.

And yes, Winona was... OMG. I already had enough trouble with Skarmory and out comes another demon.

Years
  • I actually like this idea, because it finally makes use of the badge checks for once.

And yes, Winona was... OMG. I already had enough trouble with Skarmory and out comes another demon.

If they don't force us to get Winona's badge then it should be like the originals meaning we will be able to skip her again xD. Though I can see them making it so that Steven doesn't come and give us the scope until after we get the badge...

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • If they don't force us to get Winona's badge then it should be like the originals meaning we will be able to skip her again xD. Though I can see them making it so that Steven doesn't come and give us the scope until after we get the badge...

Isn't there a pokemon (the camouflage one) in front of the gym? You need the scope to get in.

Back