• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Isn't there a pokemon (the camouflage one) in front of the gym? You need the scope to get in.

I recall that we got the scope at the bridge, and don't remember needing to go to the wooden bridge in order to get the item to get into the gym...maybe I'm forgetting about it though.

I am...especially since my team is going to consist of a grass and a bug Pokemon...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well none of the first four gyms we've recently seen matched up to the levitating one we saw in the earlier trailer, which looks like it is most likely Tate & Lizas.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Is nobody seriously worried about Winnona? She was so difficult, I'm going to loose first time again. And then 10 times over.

Ice Beam should be available at the Abandoned Ship to own Altaria (plus Marill will be available early-game so it can Play Rough). Shock Wave is from Wattson if they don't swap it with TBolt. I guess I didn't consider Winona's difficulty because I always use Swampert.

I still stand by my point that Norman's the hardest.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ice Beam should be available at the Abandoned Ship to own Altaria (plus Marill will be available early-game so it can Play Rough). Shock Wave is from Wattson if they don't swap it with TBolt. I guess I didn't consider Winona's difficulty because I always use Swampert.

If one does take the time to go to the ship that is.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • Ice Beam should be available at the Abandoned Ship to own Altaria (plus Marill will be available early-game so it can Play Rough). Shock Wave is from Wattson if they don't swap it with TBolt. I guess I didn't consider Winona's difficulty because I always use Swampert.

You think I'm gonna spare my time to do that???? You're right, because that's the only way. And no Normans easy compared to Brawly..

Years
  • I've found that Norman's difficulty depended on my team. If I lacked a Fighting, Rock, Steel, or Ghost type, he was usually more difficult. However, in my Emerald he was pretty easy: my Kirlia traced Spinda's Own Tempo and Spinda kept trying to use Teeter Dance, which never worked. I managed to max out my Kirlia's evasiveness, then went on to OHKO almost all of his Pokemon (Slaking was 2HKO'd). If his Slaking were to receive Retaliate, they'd definitely be greater threats. That being said, there are quite a few Pokemon found in Hoenn that learn Protect/Detect via level up, so unless their movesets are changed in ORAS to not include those moves, one can easily send them out against Slaking, use Protect the first turn, attack the next, then rinse and repeat.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I just hope the diversity of the teams will be better this time around. It's no fun fighting the same Pokemon over and over again. im looking at you petalburg woods bug catcher and your wurmples :P

Years
  • I just hope the diversity of the teams will be better this time around. It's no fun fighting the same Pokemon over and over again. im looking at you petalburg woods bug catcher and your wurmples :P

Ah yes Bug Catcher Lyle... and his team full of six Wurmples. Just as annoying as the 6 Magikarp Fishermen. I do hope we can get more diversity in NPC teams this time around due to the cross-gen evos getting included in the Dex, and I know how much Pinkie-Dawn cares about diversity in NPC's teams.

Pulsefire

The Prodigal Explorer
    Years
  • Is nobody seriously worried about Winnona? She was so difficult, I'm going to loose first time again. And then 10 times over.

I actually just finished my run through of Emerald. My Blaziken kept getting
    screwed and KO'd by that Altaria. Also the fact that she kept beating down
    my Blaziken slowly with status effects allowed Altaria to TKO Blaziken easily.
    Took me about 15 tries to get through Winona. I suggest lots of Electric Pokemon.
    As well as having a Team Sweeper to OHKO her team till you get to Altaria. My Blaziken
    had no trouble using flamethrower/ember to wipe her team out. It was only Altaria that
    was able to end my Blaziken's rampage, and my other Pokemon were no match since they
    were not my highest level Pokemon, and we're more of meat shields so I could revive my Blaziken.​

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • I actually just finished my run through of Emerald. My Blaziken kept getting
    screwed and KO'd by that Altaria. Also the fact that she kept beating down
    my Blaziken slowly with status effects allowed Altaria to TKO Blaziken easily.
    Took me about 15 tries to get through Winona. I suggest lots of Electric Pokemon.
    As well as having a Team Sweeper to OHKO her team till you get to Altaria. My Blaziken
    had no trouble using flamethrower/ember to wipe her team out. It was only Altaria that
    was able to end my Blaziken's rampage, and my other Pokemon were no match since they
    were not my highest level Pokemon, and we're more of meat shields so I could revive my Blaziken.​

Exactly. And considering that there's like 3 choicest that you could have at that point. You could get Plusle and/or Minun but they aren't that good and are basically the same thing. There's Elektrike which is decent because it has a solid evolution.. But nobody ever uses that. Then there's Magnemite. He's the best because he's steel type and evolves into Magneton and he's pretty damn good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I hope they give dusclops an evolith and an defensive/hp ev spread togerher with pain split, that could be fun.

Years
  • I can't see any of the Pokemon League members' Pokemon--save for their highest leveled Pokemon--hold items unless Challenge Mode were reintroduced. If memory serves, none of the E4 or Champions in any of the games gave held items to their non-highest leveled Pokemon in the first time battling them; if they did, it was a berry or something like a Mental Herb. In rematches + Challenge Mode in BW2, most, if not all the Pokemon did have held items. Also, giving Pokemon held items, particularly ones that could make Pokemon tougher to defeat, might discourage newer/more casual players. Add in competitive-esque movesets to complement those items and they'd be more fit for Challenge Mode than Normal Mode (or for rematch battles).

That being said, I'd personally love to be challenged, so something like an Eviolite Dusclops with Pain Split would be nice for Challenge Mode (which I really want to return).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • It's august, and I can't wait for the upcoming CoroCoro.

I hope they'll finally reveal the leader of the Sootopolis Gym. Since Steven is the champion, I can safely assume it's going to be Wallace (considering they're friends) instead of Juan.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I see Juan getting that position as Sootopolis Gym Leader, and maybe have Wallace as the Contest boss. If Wallace were to be the Gym Leader, then what happens to Juan? They couldn't just remove him from the game. Can't they?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I see Juan getting that position as Sootopolis Gym Leader, and maybe have Wallace as the Contest boss. If Wallace were to be the Gym Leader, then what happens to Juan? They couldn't just remove him from the game. Can't they?

As a player of Ruby first instead of Emerald, I CAN see them removing Juan completely. In Emerald, he's nothing more than just the senior/teacher of Wallace who took over his gym as Wallace had to take over the role of champion (that Steven gave up because he wanted more time for stones).

Juan isn't involved in the storyline much, even in Emerald. In Ruby and Sapphire he doesn't even exist. Now that Steven is confirmed to be the champion, I can see the possibility of them not including Juan in the games. If he were to return, I bet he would be the master coordinator instead of Wallace.

Years
  • Juan not having a role in these remakes wouldn't surprise me at all; in fact, I expect it. He didn't have much significance in the original Emerald anyway, and Steven has been confirmed as champion meaning there's no need for someone to replace Wallace.

Back