• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Dawn of the Planet of the Ape.

Great sequel
Spoiler:

Years
Watchmen.

It sort of lost focus in the middle of the film on the main plotline, though it was still very enjoyable. The ending was really good and I can understand the change from the comic's ending.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
The Dreamers.

A bit odd, about ten years old I think. Has lots of those parts of Eva Green that got the Sin City 2 poster banned :D Not sure if it was enjoyable for any reason other than that, although it did persuade me to learn a little about the 1968 protests and strikes in France.

Earlier that night was Dodgeball...my god that film is funny. One of my all time favourites. A scene that isn't meant to be humorous at all had me close to rofling (hint: Lance Armstrong) - a genuine case of a film literally improving with age.

And I have to mention The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I get the impression Wes Anderson is a bit of a marmite filmmaker, well I like his films, the ones I've seen at least (FMF, TGBH). It's a lot better than The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I also saw earlier this year. Bill Murray is just outstanding in it, and it's just so crazy you're smiling whenever you're not laughing.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
I watched the latest Bay-Splosions film - Transformers: Age of Extinction. *braces*

My family wanted to go don't blame me ;-;

It wasn't terrible, buuuut I'd definitely say low end of the series. And I actually enjoyed the first 2 or so.

My main problem with it now, is that there's only one or two characters the Micheal Bay saga of Transformers movies started with left; the poster children Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. All the other ones; were like "Who the hell is this?" Even though one of my favorite voice actors EVER (John DiMaggio) voiced a main character, he alone wasn't enough to save it. Yeah, A giant robot riding a giant robotic fire breathing T-Rex is badass, no doubt. But the plot seemed unsure of where it wanted to go, Mark Wahlberg filled an awkwardly not Shia LeBouf role, (speaking of Optimus and Bumblebee apparently dont' give a sh*t about him anymore) and a lot of the bit humor and actions sequences weren't anything new from the other movies.

They deffffinitely set it up for another sequel though. :I

The rein continues.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
I just finished watching Dead Silence and I can say that it really scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me :)

Years
I watched Jirachi Wish Maker and Spell of the Unown both twice for the Get Together.

The only other movie i remember watching recently was few months ago where i watched Jurassic Park

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I finally got to watching Wreck-It Ralph. Gotta say, they really captured how I personally feel about video game characters, haha.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Life of Brian. it was fine, I laughed a bit, but my player kept ♥♥♥♥ing up so it wasn't really a great experience watching it for that reason. gonna have to watch it again sometime, but for now it sits at a 3.5/5.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
I get the meaning but it's so boring and I guess the book is better and it made me feel sick in various scenes around the end. The films seem to be based on one joke as well (them being stoned and doing stuff) which would not be as good on second viewing.

Years
The Dreamers.

A bit odd, about ten years old I think. Has lots of those parts of Eva Green that got the Sin City 2 poster banned :D Not sure if it was enjoyable for any reason other than that, although it did persuade me to learn a little about the 1968 protests and strikes in France.

I have two words for this: period bath.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Watched Stuck in Love and thought it was another one of those cute but not great because it wasn't meant to be great movies. I do love Lily Collins though so that was a plus.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Pulp Fiction. Just as good as the first time I watched it. #righteousman
Not even better since you can put it together easier?

Yellow Submarine (1968)
While the soundtrack is sub par and the story seems to be mediocre the influential animation (one major example is Monty Python) is what makes the film worth a watch if you are a animation stan. I haven't seen their other films but this will likely top it by a long shot. I don't recommend this film to children though due to how psychedelic friendly it is in various scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back