• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • Just watched a film called The Pill on Netflix. Standard run of the mill romcom nothing spectacular and not awful either.

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • Just got back from seeing How to Train Your Dragon 2.

Definitely thought it was on-par with the first film, in both quality and storyline. Would recommend seeing if you're into animated movies and/or liked the first movie. Ended up seeing it in 3d since that was the earlier showing (didn't feel like waiting around an extra hour and a half), and I was impressed even by that.

I loved the first one, so I can't wait to watch the sequel.

I recently saw 22 Jump Street. I loved the first one, but this one... I kinda liked it. Just because I did. I wouldn't recommend it highly to anyone though,
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Saw Lady and the Tramp on Saturday - first time since I was a kid. Adorable movie. c:

Years
  • How To Train Your Dragon 2 was amazing. *__* Visually, the whole thing was a work of art, from the intricate ice to the detailed dragon concepts to the fields and forests, everything was aesthetically gorgeous. Sometimes, the dialogue kind of took over, like when Hiccup and his mom were talking about their future, I got a bit bored, but other than that, the plot was captivating and managed to not worsen the series, as most sequels tend to do.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • went and saw The Fault in Our Stars last night with some friends of mine. thought it was actually pretty good and it definitely did the novel justice. wasn't expecting too much and it exceeded my expectations.

Years
  • went and saw The Fault in Our Stars last night with some friends of mine. thought it was actually pretty good and it definitely did the novel justice. wasn't expecting too much and it exceeded my expectations.

I heard that as a book adaptation is did the book no justice and ruined the characters from a friend. I don't intend on seeing the film so it's no concern of mine, but she thought that they'd changed too much when transferring it all onto screen (character personalities included).

The last film that I saw was The Royal Tenenbaums (I think). As somebody who's watching a lot of Wes Anderson's work for the first time at the minute, I was expecting a lot from this one, considering how a lot of his fans had called it his best film. Was it Anderson's best? No. Was it good? Yeah, I'd say so. It wasn't bloated like The Aquatic Life of Steve Zissou, and was paced pretty well. It arguably had a little too many plots, though the way that they all entwined had me forgiving this point slightly. The acting was solid, though some characters lacked depth. With so many of them being crammed into the film and the focus being on them all in such a short time, there wasn't a lot of time for exploring a lot of the characters. However, there was a nice variety in types and personalities of characters and when a character did go through development, it was done correctly.

It is a film with its shocks and twists too. There were moments that I didn't see coming, and the subtle humour that Wes Anderson is a master in presenting was as present as it is in all of his films and at its best. There maybe too much going on in it at the best of times, and it may not be, in my opinion, Wes Anderson's best, but it is still very enjoyable.

A solid 7/10.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • nah Ryan your friend was wrong. tell her she SUCKS at art. just kidding.

anywho, just watched Gummo. the most odious ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ in the history of odious ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥.

Years
  • I watched The Woman in Black with my brother and two cousins yesterday and NO NO NO NEVER AGAIN. It was pretty creepy, one of the scarier movies I've seen.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I watched The Woman in Black with my brother and two cousins yesterday and NO NO NO NEVER AGAIN. It was pretty creepy, one of the scarier movies I've seen.

what what what it wasn't even scary! Maybe the only part that was moderately anxiety-causing was the hallway scene leading into the bedroom with the rocking chair but ): ya wimp!

Years
  • what what what it wasn't even scary! Maybe the only part that was moderately anxiety-causing was the hallway scene leading into the bedroom with the rocking chair but ): ya wimp!

That part when you see the empty rocking chair, then the woman in the rocking chair from that side-angle one second later made me yell an expletive, haha. I really get into my scary movies!

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • nah Ryan your friend was wrong. tell her she SUCKS at art. just kidding.

anywho, just watched Gummo. the most odious ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ in the history of odious ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥.

This is how not to follow up watching Django Unchained and Fight Club.

Gummo was almost as bad as a film could be. CAT KILLING DAMMIT. Any film that involves killing cats should be burned and never seen again. Poor kitties. :(((

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • World War Z. It was pretty good. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a fun take on the zombie genre (which is one of my favorites). Brad Pitt was good and so was the supporting cast. Just wish there was more eerie scenes of empty streets and desolate environments. Overall, great!

Years
  • what what what it wasn't even scary! Maybe the only part that was moderately anxiety-causing was the hallway scene leading into the bedroom with the rocking chair but ): ya wimp!

I guess it all depends on the atmosphere. I wouldn't call it scary, but I sleep on the bottom floor and at the time it was midnight and I didn't have blinds covering the doors that lead into the back garden, so obviously the shadows would play illusional tricks on me. I'd set up the perfect atmosphere, so it would be creepy and even possibly scary. I'd still agree it wasn't scary, but it was certainly chilly. The closest it got to scary was the shots when she was far away in my opinion, and that very last shot. The jumpy parts were fairly predictable though. Still a good film.

I'm currently watching Wolf of Wallstreet with Maccrash and Luck Hax. I've seen it before and think it's overrated, but it's still a pretty good film. Too long though.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • as The Grand Wizard stated above me I just finished up The Wolf of Wall Street. was padded out with so much unnecessary ♥♥♥♥ and its 3-hour runtime is nowhere near justified but it was still a decent watch. 3/5.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Gravity starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock. It was good. Yeah that's all I can say.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Yeah man I watched Wolf of Wall Street with Spheal and it was soooo long. We started watching at like 11pm and we had to turn it off and finish it the next day. Still thought it was pretty good and adrenaline filled though. Jordan Belfort must be an absolute tool in real life though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Fiiinally watched Wreck-It Ralph the other day. Wish I had watched it sooner!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Maleficent

Already, going in I knew it was going to br a great movie, but I left the theater room even more impressed about it^^

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Finally saw From Up on Poppy Hill today with some friends. It was pretty nice :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back