• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What about mega weavile... it's a dark/ice which fits but maybe they could give it ice/fighting typing

I would agree (about Weavile deserving a mega evolution) if not for the fact that it is already a solid Pokemon. I mean 120 base attack and 125 base speed are incredible! The only thing stopping it from being OU material is its terrible move pool. Since we have evidence that Pokemon will have access to moves they had not been able to learn in the past in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, my hope is that Weavile's move pool will be amended to utilize its full potential in the remakes. Fingers crossed :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It could get bulkier defenses. Despite ice types having a lot of weaknesses they usually have at one bulky defensive stat or decent if not that irc. It'll help keep it in battle longer. Maybe it can get Sturdy or something that'll keep it in the game longer, like Filter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'll like to see Mega Raichu happen...maybe with a typing change to Electric/Fighting

Nah. I really don't see that. I mean, a Mega Raichu, yeah probably, but Electric/Fighting doesn't seem like the right fit. I'd keep it as either a pure Electric-type or give it either a secondary Normal- or Ground-type.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • One I think would be good would be Mega Electivire Electric/Fighting type, since the Electabuzz family already resemble good fighting type body types.

Years
  • Nah. I really don't see that. I mean, a Mega Raichu, yeah probably, but Electric/Fighting doesn't seem like the right fit. I'd keep it as either a pure Electric-type or give it either a secondary Normal- or Ground-type.
    Well most want a fighting type Kangaroo, and Raichu may not be a Kangaroo, but it is based on a Kangaroo rat (or so it looks like one). So it won't be that far off, as it can already learn like 3 fighting type moves by Tm, and another one (reversal) as an egg move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Well most want a fighting type Kangaroo, and Raichu may not be a Kangaroo, but it is based on a Kangaroo rat (or so it looks like one). So it won't be that far off, as it can already learn like 3 fighting type moves by Tm, and another one (reversal) as an egg move.

I'm gonna revert back to my earlier position. If Pokémon would wanna make a Fighting-type Kangaroo, then they should just make a new Pokémon altogether instead of just going halfway by converting an already-existing "kangaroo rat" Pokémon into a Fighting-type. Not only does that waste a unique typing (Electric/Fighting), it would also be a waste of a good concept (Fighting-type Kangaroo Pokémon), both of which could be used for creating new Pokémon. Plus, as many Fighting-type moves it learns, it learns over 15 or so Normal-type moves by TM alone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Superfox said:
    Yeah, but it can learn them. And its more powerful than Focus Blast.

In-game, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact are definitely worth it, but competitively, I'm not so sure.

Hyper Beam and Giga Impact require you to recharge yourself for a turn afterward, if I'm not mistaken, and if you ask me, that is a huge risk, since a lot could happen within just a single turn. Focus Blast's accuracy isn't that great, and its power might be lower, but it does not stall you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    WHat if Mega Raichu get an ability that transform all normal to Electric type and receive a 30% boost in addition to all other modifiers.

Years
  • That would be awesome. Considering we've seen new abilities being added in these games perhaps there'll be more (hopefully).
    If not then a Electric/Fighting Raichu with No Guard is my wish for it. With a 40 stat boost to special attack, 20 to each defensive stat, and 20 for speed. With No Guard it's Thunder and Focus Blasts will always hit, and hard.

That would be awesome. Considering we've seen new abilities being added in these games perhaps there'll be more (hopefully).
    If not then a Electric/Fighting Raichu with No Guard is my wish for it. With a 40 stat boost to special attack, 20 to each defensive stat, and 20 for speed. With No Guard it's Thunder and Focus Blasts will always hit, and hard.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • That would be awesome. Considering we've seen new abilities being added in these games perhaps there'll be more (hopefully).

That would be awesome. Considering we've seen new abilities being added in these games perhaps there'll be more (hopefully).

Asking for that exact set up for a mega Raichu would make it too OP, you'd defeat anything with just a single attack.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's probably been pointed out a million times already but I only just realised it today.

Mega Gallade is the first mega evolution of a pokemon that evolved using a stone isn't it? For some reason I thought those pokemon wouldn't mega evolve.

Gimmie some Mega Starmie please!

Sean

Years
  • Mega Starmie would give me life, but I'd rather a mega to go to someone else other than starmie since she's fine as it is

Years
  • If Minun and Plusle get Megas I have a feeling their abilities will still be oriented for doubles. Not sure what those would be, other than their current abilities...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back