• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Holy**** you've used it? .-.

Maybe design wise but we don't know if it's the best

But personally I'm not fond of its design. Maybe it's those whatever you call it on its head, Idk. If you were to remove those I think the design would be much better, but still not the greatest Mega.
    Well Stat wise it'll be tied with Mewtwo X and Y (if it has the 100 stat boost), plus it's ability is better than those two's. Honestly Mewtwo can say goodbye to being the strongest Pokemon...again...

Years
    Well Stat wise it'll be tied with Mewtwo X and Y (if it has the 100 stat boost), plus it's ability is better than those two's. Honestly Mewtwo can say goodbye to being the strongest Pokemon...again...

Better ability doesn't mean better tho, so we don't know. Everyone keeps making assumptions yet we havent even seen it's stat distribution yet.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Mega Rayquaza. Its design is rather neat because its "Tron" markings become ribbons for its horns. And a lot of people are comparing its jaw horns to a huge chin (cue Crimson Chin jokes).

Better ability doesn't mean better tho, so we don't know. Everyone keeps making assumptions yet we havent even seen it's stat distribution yet.

It's been confirmed that almost all its stats will get an increase, especially its Attack and Special Attack. We don't know which one of Mega Rayquaza's stats won't get the increase.

Years
    I like Mega Rayquaza. Its design is rather neat because its "Tron" markings become ribbons for its horns. And a lot of people are comparing its jaw horns to a huge chin (cue Crimson Chin jokes).

It's been confirmed that almost all its stats will get an increase, especially its Attack and Special Attack. We don't know which one of Mega Rayquaza's stats won't get the increase.
    I thought they said all, but I guess saying most makes more sense, since HP will likely not get a boost.
    Perhaps a boost of 20 to each of it's stats. Maybe 15 to defenses, 25 to it's offenses, and the remaining 20 to speed. Interestingly Rayquaza has the attack of Groudon, and the Special Attack of Kyogre, so perhaps Mega Rayquaza will have the Attack of Primal Groudon, and the Special Attack of Primal Kyogre.

Also I think the term 'Nazca lines' is more appropriate to use as it fits in with them being ancient, and is probably what GF had in mind when giving them those lines.

Years
    I thought they said all, but I guess saying most makes more sense, since HP will likely not get a boost.
    Perhaps a boost of 20 to each of it's stats. Maybe 15 to defenses, 25 to it's offenses, and the remaining 20 to speed. Interestingly Rayquaza has the attack of Groudon, and the Special Attack of Kyogre, so perhaps Mega Rayquaza will have the Attack of Primal Groudon, and the Special Attack of Primal Kyogre.

Also I think the term 'Nazca lines' is more appropriate to use as it fits in with them being ancient, and is probably what GF had in mind when giving them those lines.

I think that looks like an acceptable stat boost to me. I recall Rayquaza had balanced offensive stats and its only weak spot was its defensive stats, but with the effects of Delta Stream it one of its weaknesses (Rock) while a 4x weakness gets nerfed to 2x (Ice). Megas never get HP boosts, but they do get changes everywhere else.

But I think you have a good point. I'm likely seeing the offenses to get the most of the stat boost from the Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Rayquaza looks neat! Its ability does sound sort of overpowering, in some ways (especially since it gives some major advantage to flying-types, according to what I've read thus far), but it still neutralizes the playing-field by negating all weather effects.

I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't wind up getting any primal form, but as stated by someone in another thread, they probably would have had to give this Pokémon a Green Orb in order to, and it likely would've been sort of a tough task to incorporate it into the storyline without making any major changes (when creating remakes, they like to keep things resemble to originals as closely as possible, and this'd kind of help breaking that tradition for them, somehow).

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
    I am really hyped for Mega Rayquaza now, especially after I got my hands on a special Rayquaza that I have been dying to use. Dragons Ascend is incredible, looks like a green meteorite from space.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm of the opinion that no more Pokemon should get 2 Mega Evolutions. One is enough. The only one I'm ok with is Charizard, since that thing really needed a boost and it's two Megas are good both in design and battle prowess. Mewtwo didn't need Megas at all.

But I'm not against giving Rapidash ONE Mega Evolution. Turn that thing into a fiery pegicorn of death, Game Freak.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm of the opinion that no more Pokemon should get 2 Mega Evolutions. One is enough. The only one I'm ok with is Charizard, since that thing really needed a boost and it's two Megas are good both in design and battle prowess. Mewtwo didn't need Megas at all.

But I'm not against giving Rapidash ONE Mega Evolution. Turn that thing into a fiery pegicorn of death, Game Freak.

Accept , Rapidash deserve 2 Megevolution !
    They should call Whilte Rapidash & Black Rapidash .

--White Rapidash should be Fire/Fairy with Beautiful wing ! It will be based on white Unicorn .

--Black rapidash Should be Fire/Ghost . It will be based on Black Unicorn .

Also , I believe Charizard & Mewtwo might have another Mega evolution in the Next XY Squeal.
    They might be call Mega Charizard Z & Mega Mewtwo Z .

Years
    Mega-Rayquaza looks neat! Its ability does sound sort of overpowering, in some ways (especially since it gives some major advantage to flying-types, according to what I've read thus far), but it still neutralizes the playing-field by negating all weather effects.

I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't wind up getting any primal form, but as stated by someone in another thread, they probably would have had to give this Pokémon a Green Orb in order to, and it likely would've been sort of a tough task to incorporate it into the storyline without making any major changes (when creating remakes, they like to keep things resemble to originals as closely as possible, and this'd kind of help breaking that tradition for them, somehow).
    I doubt that's it, for one HgSs introduced the 'Jade orb'. Also speaking of HgSs, those remakes added a bell key item in order to get the mascot. Also we don't know for sure if the orbs are what are behind the Primals just yet. Also it could be possible that the Jade orb is what remained of the colorful stone that made Rayquaza go Mega.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Hello there.

First of all, Mega Rayquaza is the best looking Mega Evolution I've seen so far, surely the nicest looking legendary with a Mega evo or the Primal Reversion duo. The Delta Stream ability makes it a bit of invincible though. I'll wait for the game to be released so that I can try it myself and see if that is the strongest mega Pokemon as well.

Regarding the story, the only logical assumption I have made is that Rayquaza was the first ever Pokemon to mega evolve. With Groudon and Kyogre gaining limitless power with their primal reversion and the threat to humanity and pokemanity, Rayquaza decided to mega evolve, thus gaining more power to protect the world from devastation (pun towards J&J intended). And since the secret of the mega evolution has been unveiled to trainers after the scientist's research, it has spread through most regions etc.

This theory has a strong disadvantage, reagarding the fact that trainers could mega evolve their pokemon even before the appearance of Rayquaza as the Messiah of Pokemon. Hence I can give two reasonable explanations, either gamefreak messed a bit up by forcing the appearance of mega evolutions in the Hoenn region (due to the remakes), or Rayquaza (and most legendaries therefore) knew the secret to mega evolution but didn't use it on will, and the special reason behind this evolution is the duel of the Primals. Anyway I don't wanna be boring, we will see it clearly when the game is released.

Another thing, regarding the remaining mega evos to be undisclosed, as many have stated we expect Flygon, Milotic and the latis, but I cannot stop hoping for a mega flying type. Like Staraptor or Pidgeot. Or this bad boy Luxray. Pokemon that can be obtained early in the game in general, the Nidopair or perhaps the Hitmon- chain. And also Pokemon with a two-lined evolutionary chain like Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Mankey and generally the Pokemon that are considered weak. In my opinion this will make the game a bit more interesting, maybe difficult as well but surely interesting.

(Ofc I do not support that many Pokemon get a Mega, perhaps around 15-20 per generation, or the mega evolution will be nothing special eventually).

Concluding, I am a little bit disappointed by the megas revealed for Ωμέγα Ruby and Άλφα Sapphire (I'm Greek and the letters alpha, omega and delta are used in my alphabet, I feel a little proud for that). Salamence looks like a huge kite whereas metagross is now floating and got a huge sting on its face. Nothing special with Sharpedo's appearance as well, Camerupt is way too weak against water now and seriously, what would you use a mega Audino for, unless its new typing?

Thoughts? Can't wait till the final release (2 days before my birthday ^_^ )and what is coming up next!

Years
    Since Rayquaza got a Mega I have a feeling that Dialga and Palkia will get Megas eventually instead of Primal Reversions, as those two aren't violent (at least not in the games from what we've seen). Now Giratina might, seeing how it did something ban worthy. Actually all non-sealed legends may get Megas, with those such as Groudon, Kyogre, Giratina, and the Regis potentially getting Primals.

Years
    Hello there.

First of all, Mega Rayquaza is the best looking Mega Evolution I've seen so far, surely the nicest looking legendary with a Mega evo or the Primal Reversion duo. The Delta Stream ability makes it a bit of invincible though. I'll wait for the game to be released so that I can try it myself and see if that is the strongest mega Pokemon as well.

Hi! You seem new around here, so I'll definitely cut you some slack, but just keep in mind in the future that all discussion regarding confirmed information should be kept in this thread. All other threads are about speculation of their topic, i.e. new megas, new areas, and more. I know it's confusing, but this helps the clutter and allows discussion to flow more freely when leaks occur.

Happy posting!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wonder if there going to be a Mega Rapidash based on Pegasus/Unicorn .
    After all , Pegasus is a very popular magical creature among children So a Pokemon based on it bound to be Popular.
    Same way , Charizard become Popular !
    Because in Children eye , Charizard is a Dragon ! They doesn't care about actual type, Charizard is a Lizard with Big Wing that Breath Fire , That enough for it to become a Dragon to them .
    So , Mega Rapidash might become very popular if it based on Pegasus and has better design then this---

Spoiler:

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I think Mega Evolutions are the best! It gives me the chance to love old gen Pokemon again so I say keep bringing them Gamefreak! :)

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    So have I missed any info on why Rayqyaza has a mega evolution but not a primal one? Can someone enlighten me? >.< Also Mega-Flygon<---- called it! (Mega flygon HAS to happen) since Salamence has already been confirmed. Salamence, Flygon and Altaria are the main dragons in hoen imo

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    So have I missed any info on why Rayqyaza has a mega evolution but not a primal one? Can someone enlighten me? >.< Also Mega-Flygon<---- called it! (Mega flygon HAS to happen) since Salamence has already been confirmed. Salamence, Flygon and Altaria are the main dragons in hoen imo

It explains in the storyline that the only reason Groudon and Kyogre got primals was because they became power hungry and greedy.

Rayquaza was not power hungry or greedy. When the ancient people of Hoenn begged Rayquaza to stop the violence, a stone fell from the sky or something, thus unlocking Mega Rayquaza.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back