• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Anyway, I just had a really big haul of manga that accumulated since last September. I'm so proud of myself now.

Hunter x Hunter is the gem in your pile for me xD How many of HxH have you got?

I actually don't own that much manga since is so damn expensive here - (More or less I read only a few anyway). A lot of the things I get are ex-library books since I can get them for $3ish each.

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I actually lost track on the amount of volumes I have right now.

That's a nice haul m8. Also hello DCC!

For a total of 47 volumes this time. It's a really big haul. I'm still 1/5 through the haul haha.

And welcome back~

Hunter x Hunter is the gem in your pile for me xD How many of HxH have you got?

I accidentally missed #13 from that trip to the bookstore, whoops. Need to go back there and grab it haha. On the shelf I got vol. 1-10, and from this haul vol. 11-16 excluding #13. It's currently re-released so I figured why not grab it?

Sailor Moon's also being re-released but I'm too in love with Madoka to even pick up another Mahou Shoujo series.

Speaking of Madoka, Puella Magi Oriko Magica is also out but I don't really like it, so I didn't bother picking it up. Kazumi Magica, on the other hand, is much more interesting.

Now excuse me as I lock myself back in my room reading manga.

Candy

Years
  • Already 3/5 of the way through the manga haul. Probably won't open HxH 'til I get that missing vol. 13 haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I'm still not sure myself, because NGNL was the definition of entertainment at surface value lmao. At least in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hey guys, it's not really appropriate to discuss other members' bans so let's move along; we've already had to edit out/delete some posts and wouldn't want to have to take further action. And remember to keep other rules in mind as well (4/25 is among one of the rules being broken here).

As far as manga collections go mine is nearly nonexistent. All of my chapter and volume updates are read online so all I own physical copies of is one volume of the Inuyasha animanga and the first volume of Cardcaptors.. from 10+ years ago. Maybe I will get an extra bookshelf for some manga after all eheh.

Skip Class

Years
  • Being online is one of the reasons that I barely have any manga. I won't go out of my way just to buy volumes aside that it's incredibly expensive here/ get manga shipped here so collecting manga is just to much money wasted for me. That and they don't have most of the manga I want to read here anyway.

Like said, I don't read as much manga so I don't find it a priority. I'll just read whatever the newest chapter is online and move on till the next one comes along.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I do really like reading physical manga. The smell of the pages, the digitally unaided cosyness... There's the space, prize, and availability issues though.

Luckily there are reading tablets.

Skip Class

Years
  • I do really like reading physical manga. The smell of the pages, the digitally unaided cosyness... There's the space, prize, and availability issues though.

Luckily there are reading tablets.

This I definitely agree with. I love sitting down on a couch in the library reading manga with a nice hot drink or something. The whole turning each page is a lot more nicer than clicking to turn to the next page. I can't explain it, but in most cases I do enjoy reading the physical rather than digital. Owning manga of course is a different story, but I do enjoy just grabbing manga from the shelf from a library or bookstore to read them.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I prefer physical manga as well. Most of my collection was bought before I had bills to pay, and my paychecks went straight into my pocket.

Now that I can't afford to pay $10 for each manga, I had to switch to reading online. I think I've made my contribution to the companies. Spent over $1000, I mean geez ;-;

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Now that's a lot of combined manga moneys, butt toucher.

Manga here is a bit more expensive nowadays, aside from the obvious tax argument it's since the stuff's often imported from the UK or US (most companies have stopped trying to translate manga into Swedish since the majority of the demographic here prefer reading in English anyway). Bit of a shame, since you can't really buy as much, but in a way it makes it feel more worth it, too. It's interesting how a brand new manga book can feel premium here when they're read once and trashed in their land of origin. :P

Skip Class

Years
  • Manga here is sold on average around $20NZD with a lot being on the min $17-18ish range but can get up to $30ish or even more depending on what series it's from. So I kinda live with getting the $3 ex-library books if I wanted to have any manga.

Just the idea of having a full set with all the volumes to a particular manga all lined up on the shelf next to each other is a nice feeling.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Ouch, that puts my manga buying woes to shame x_x

I think I completed Full Metal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Pita Ten, Air Gear... And some other stuff. I miss my bookcase, but I had to leave it back home ;A;

Skip Class

Years
  • Eh it's New Zealand. Shipping things to here is more hell than buying the manga itself. I remember going to America a couple years back and seeing $10 PokeSpec at Barnes and nobles so I bought one volume. That was cheapness heaven for me xD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Yeah, I've heard New Zealand is awful for that kind of thing :(

Why didn't you take that golden opportunity to buy all of it?? Put that shit on a credit card, yo.

Skip Class

Years
  • Yeah, I've heard New Zealand is awful for that kind of thing :(

Why didn't you take that golden opportunity to buy all of it?? Put that shit on a credit card, yo.

Haha back then my parents didn't trust me with any sort of credit card knowing me. Knowing me I probably would've bought all the PokeSpec manga the store had then regretted it later because I doubt my room would've been able to fit it all.

Candy

Years
  • There's a reason why I still like the fact that a single volume of manga here costs roughly 2 USD after converted from IDR. That's cheap m8!

That whole haul of 47 volumes roughly costs 95 USD without applying discounts, and 66 USD after the 30% discount I got.

The only problem I have with the manga here? Where the fuck are all the proof readers? I'm seeing so many mistakes that I'm confused whether they're serious in publishing these or not.

Ah right, I just remembered: The receipt for that manga haul reaches a full meter. Now that's a new record, even for me. :P

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • There's a reason why I still like the fact that a single volume of manga here costs roughly 2 USD after converted from IDR. That's cheap m8!

That whole haul of 47 volumes roughly costs 95 USD without applying discounts, and 66 USD after the 30% discount I got.

The only problem I have with the manga here? Where the **** are all the proof readers? I'm seeing so many mistakes that I'm confused whether they're serious in publishing these or not.

Ah right, I just remembered: The receipt for that manga haul reaches a full meter. Now that's a new record, even for me. :P

Wow, I think the most I've bought at a time was 6 or so. Which ended up being about $80. God bless my bookshelf that I pray my parents don't dump in the trash.

Candy

Years
  • Normally I buy my manga monthly, at approximate 6-10 volumes per month, which depends on the amount of releases in between the monthly shopping sprees. This time though, I haven't visited since September so I ended up grabbing a huge haul haha. alotofmoneydownthedrainyay

I can always show you my lovely manga and merchandise collection that I'll hopefully sort out 'cause I doubt my bookshelf is enough to house the entire thing, and the merchandise needs somewhere to be placed as well. Also, there's much better titles to place on the shelves than KnB and SnK imo, but I just placed it there in case of onlookers looking for stuff to read at my room. Need to appeal with the mainstream crowd, no? :P

Also, we're lacking the hinges... eh, idk what they are, to support the wooden planks to place more on the shelves. It's a customizable shelf after all. Ignoring the shelf for my little sister's textbooks, as well as the shelf where I store my folders, How-to-draw-manga books (back when I was a newb, okay?), Japanese language textbooks and an Indonesian comic magazine (11 volumes so far, still new), there's still a lot of space we can use but unable to due to the lack of planks and hinges(?).

And another thing: that album is severely outdated. First posted back at July 24th 2014 at the outdated thread where we showcase our stuff haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back