• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.1.0 is available now.

Version 1.1.0 - September 7th, 2023
    • The banners in Viperia have been removed, and Viperia has been changed from a "Claim All Banners" map to a "Defeat All Enemies" map.
    • The number of turns in Viperia has been increased from 15 to 20.
    • The enemy warriors in "Two Heroes of Ransei" have been completely reworked to provide a more challenging experience. (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Muneshige now correctly has Tornadus-Therian instead of Scyther in "Two Heroes of Ransei." (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Shigezane now correctly has Scyther instead of Tornadus-Therian in "Two Heroes of Ransei." (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Updated the small overworld menu sprite for Pawmot.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Greninja and Chi-Yu.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Sandslash-Alola, Tentacruel, Magnezone, Exeggutor-Kanto, Kingdra, Porygon-Z, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Typhlosion-Hisui, Ariados, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Cursola, Delibird, Skarmory, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Slaking, Shedinja, Aggron, Camerupt, Flygon, Lunatone, Solrock, Cradily, Castform-Snowy, Tropius, Torterra, Kricketune, Rampardos, Wormadam-Sandy, Gastrodon-East Sea, Bronzong, Abomasnow, Zoroark-Hisui, Sawsbuck-Spring, Stunfisk-Unova, Greninja, Malamar, Dragalge, Noivern, Decidueye, Turtonator, Pawmot, Kingambit, and Chi-Yu.

Additional changes will be coming to Viperia in the coming days, as well as changes to other maps in the next month! :]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.2.0 is available now.

Version 1.2.0 - September 18th, 2023
    • A doorway has been added to the bottom-middle wall in Viperia to allow for more freedom of movement.
    • The starting spawns for the attacking army have been moved in Viperia, with three Pokémon now spawning on each side, to hopefully create more interesting gameplay.

I'm sorry it's been so long since the last update, and that there are not any battle sprite improvements in this update! There were issues importing the new Viperia map, so I haven't had time to work on any sprites! Avia should be getting completely reworked soon, so look forward to that (the AI certainly does lol)! :]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.0.0 is available now.

Version 2.0.0 - September 30th, 2023
    • Avia map has been completely reworked to hopefully provide a better and more challenging experience. The AI shouldn't get absolutely destroyed when defending.
    • Cragspur map has the left boulder on the North hill removed. This fixes the issue in "The Legend of Ransei" where Kai's Arcanine-Hisui moves onto the same tile as the left boulder when attacking the middle boulder on the first turn due to the attack being scripted.
    • The Farm and Ravine in Aurora In "The Legend of Ransei" are now Level 1 instead of Level 3, but all of the correct Pokémon still spawn there. This fixes the issue with the Kingdra spawning out of bounds during the tutorial and making the battle unwinnable.
    • Updated the text at the start of the tutorial battle against the Kingdra in "The Legend of Ransei" now that it is no longer unwinnable.
    • Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori added as Free Warriors in Yaksha in Defeat Nobunaga stories. (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Muneshige now correctly has Tornadus-Therian instead of Scyther in "Two Heroes of Ransei." (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Removed Takeyoshi from "Two Heroes of Ransei." (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Kowtow Cleave range changed from Row to Chevron.
    • Darkest Lariat range changed from Adjacent ring to Chevron + Advance one tile.
    • Updated the catch rate of all Pokémon.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Goodra-Hisui, Incineroar, and Lycanroc-Midday.

I also made some small edits to the Excel Database to keep it updated, as well as to avoid confusion to the player. If you previously downloaded the database, you will need to do so again to get the updates.

A special thank you to Bagon for making the new Avia map, which I very slightly modified and then added! Thank you to Legion as well for figuring out how to change what level locations Pokémon will spawn in! This allowed me to fix the issue in the tutorial battle where the Kingdra spawned out of bounds, which made the battle unwinnable and required you to run! Now, you can play the tutorial about Pokémon abilities without any issue! This was a huge development! I might mess with wild Pokémon spawns more going forward!

I also want to note that yes, I am aware Giga Impact is not properly triggering it's side effects. This means that you can use Giga Impact Slaking with no downsides. I'm currently not sure why it is doing this, but until I figure it out, go crazy! :]

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Okay, this looks amazing and gives one of the best spin-offs a very nice makeover.
    It's cool to see people modding for this game and testing the limitations of it too.
    Can't wait to try it out.

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.0.1 is available now.

Version 2.0.1 - October 2nd, 2023
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Kommo-o, Darkrai, Ceruledge, and Celebi.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Goodra-Hisui, Incineroar, Lycanroc-Midday, Turtonator, Togedemaru, Kommo-o, Flapple, Darkrai, Pawmot, Ceruledge, and Celebi.

I messed up the Goodra-Hisui, Incineroar, and Lycanroc-Midday battle sprites in the 2.0.0 update. Sorry about that, but it is fixed now! I hope it didn't lessen the experience for too many people! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Okay, this looks amazing and gives one of the best spin-offs a very nice makeover.
    It's cool to see people modding for this game and testing the limitations of it too.
    Can't wait to try it out.

Thank you very much for the kind words! Conquest is a bit of underappreciated game, so it is great to see someone else with such a great love for it! Feel free to let me know your thoughts, good or bad, as well as the teams you use, either here or on Discord if you so desire! I would love to read it! :]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.0.2 is available now.

Version 2.0.2 - October 7th, 2023
    • Changed the battle idle motion of Celebi from Float to Grounded. Changed the battle idle motion for Manaphy from Grounded to Float.
    • Updated the small overworld menu sprite for Ceruledge.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Deoxys-Normal, Heatran, and Manaphy.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Meloetta-Aria, Kommo-o, Deoxys-Normal, Heatran, Manaphy, Shaymin-Sky, Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Keldeo-Ordinary, Genesect, Hoopa-Confined, Buzzwole, Kartana, Marshadow, Naganadel, and Spectrier.

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.0.3 is available now.

Version 2.0.3 - October 7th, 2023
    • Updated the battle sprites for Manaphy.

The Manaphy battle sprite from 2.0.2 was flipping back and forth incorrectly. A simple fix, but it was a mistake on my part. My apologies!

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    An update to Pugilis is coming tomorrow to make it more enjoyable to play on! For the color scheme, would you like the accents to be red, like it currently is, or blue? Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks! :]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.1.0 is available now.

Version 2.1.0 - October 10th, 2023
    • The game has a new title card.
    • Pugilis map has been modified so that there is a path into the ring from all four sides, and the paths are now multiple tiles wide. There are also more steps around the outside to help return to the ring more quickly.
    • Spirit no longer boosts the Pokémon's Attack, and now only fully restores HP. The animation still shows the Pokémon's Attack being boosted, but this is purely aesthetic now.
    • Motonari now has a 5% max link with Greninja and Motochika now has a 5% max link with Darmanitan-Galar-Zen. This is to prevent the Warriors from becoming unusable under specific circumstances.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Gliscor, Skarmory, Cradily, and Greninja.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Gliscor, Skarmory, Cradily, Greninja, and Virizion.

I also made some small edits to the Excel Database to keep it updated. If you previously downloaded the database, you will need to do so again to get the updates. :]

Here is the new title card!

I also highly considered this as the new title card, so if anyone likes this one better or has any feedback, definitely let me know!

Here is the Pugilis map with the new updates! Thanks Bagon for doing this!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    just have a quick question can I use the Motonari & Motochika code since i tend to use them both when i do main story

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    just have a quick question can I use the Motonari & Motochika code since i tend to use them both when i do main story

Technically yes, although I would not recommend it.

I can change the Pokémon they appear with as an enemy in "The Legend of Ransei" just like any other warrior, and as you obviously know, they normally do not join your army unless you use the password. The password event spawns are completely separate instances from the original enemy spawns however, and these cannot currently be changed, so once you recruit them, they will always have whatever is in the Snivy and Oshawott slots from vanilla.

These slots in Ultimate are Greninja and Darmanitan-Galar-Zen respectively. They cannot normally link with the aforementioned Pokémon, so I set their max links with them to 5% to not break the game. You can then pair them with something else, but it is worth noting that you can't link with wild Pokémon until after beating Violight, and they will likely be quite a bit underleveled. If you don't mind going to the effort of pairing them with something else, then you are welcome to use the code.

The passwords were designed for the vanilla game, not Ultimate, so while some of them technically still work, I just put out a blanket statement to avoid them to prevent confusion. You can always recruit them in the following 37 stories, so I recommend simply waiting.

Thank you very much for the question, as well as your interest in playing! Let me know if you have any other questions, and have fun! :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This looks amazing. Congratulations on making one of the first (if not the first, I don't remember another one atm) hack of Conquest. I really loved the game and his storylines, so having an updated version is very promising for a replay. I'll download and try it by myself in the weekend.

So far, from your post, everything looks polished and well thought. Maybe, just maybe, making a better presentation of the hack can draw more attention? Because Conquest isn't very famous among pokefans (hell even documentation is a bit lacking if you exclude one only webpage with info lol). And maybe that could help gaining more track on this. But anyway, hope that don't let you down: this is amazing by itself. Again, congrats!

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    This looks amazing. Congratulations on making one of the first (if not the first, I don't remember another one atm) hack of Conquest. I really loved the game and his storylines, so having an updated version is very promising for a replay. I'll download and try it by myself in the weekend.

So far, from your post, everything looks polished and well thought. Maybe, just maybe, making a better presentation of the hack can draw more attention? Because Conquest isn't very famous among pokefans (hell even documentation is a bit lacking if you exclude one only webpage with info lol). And maybe that could help gaining more track on this. But anyway, hope that don't let you down: this is amazing by itself. Again, congrats!

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am very glad that you are excited to play!

There are a few other completed Conquest rom hacks, although this one is the largest in terms of scale and changes as it completely overhauls the game from scratch. I would definitely recommend the others, though, as they're a good time as well.

I am constantly working on the presentation of Ultimate, both here and in the game itself. I do my best to make it look nice, inviting, and easy to understand, but if you have any suggestions, I am happy to hear them!

I'm not sure what you mean about the lack of documentation. Everything is fully documented, as I have both text documents detailing all the changes from vanilla and an Excel database detailing all the information you would ever need in Ultimate. :]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.2.0 is available now.

Version 2.2.0 - October 23rd, 2023
    • Dream Eater:
      Power: 40 -> 42​
    • Giga Drain:
      Power: 40 -> 44​
    • Parabolic Charge:
      Power: 40 -> 42​
    • Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Gunk Shot, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, and Twin Beam:
      Range: Three-tile column -> Two-tile column​
    • Thunder Cage's accuracy is now correctly 90% instead of 85%.
    • Snarl's range is now correctly row two ahead instead of ring adjacent.
    • Giga Impact now properly triggers its secondary effects of making the user unable to move or attack the turn after successfully hitting.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Crabominable and Lokix.

I also made some small edits to the Excel Database and text documents to keep them updated. If you previously downloaded the database or text documents, you will need to do so again to get the updates. :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Currently playing v2.1.0 legend of ransei. Narimasa seems to be unrecruitable as he didn't join even though I defeated his Ursaluna with Froslass and Gallade respectively in two separate battles both within the first 3 turns.

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Currently playing v2.1.0 legend of ransei. Narimasa seems to be unrecruitable as he didn't join even though I defeated his Ursaluna with Froslass and Gallade respectively in two separate battles both within the first 3 turns.

Someone else reported this awhile back too, and I have no idea why this would be the case aside from the usual "'The Legend of Ransei' is glorified tutorial and a big hardcoded and wacky mess." Nothing that I've done on my end should be causing this. I will say that there is literally only a single battle left when you can recruit him in that story, so it is pretty low down on the list of issues and concerns for me, relatively speaking. Obviously I would prefer it not to happen, so I made a small change for the next update that hopefully fixes it, but "The Legend of Ransei" is a mess so who knows.

Thank you very much for reporting the issue. If you notice any other issues, feel free to let me know and I will do my best to get them fixed as soon as possible. Thank you very much for playing, and I hope you are enjoying the game! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v2.3.0 is available now.

Version 2.3.0 - October 25th, 2023
    • Crobat, Arcanine-Hisui, Scyther, Weavile, Skarmory, Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Lucario, Accelgor, Golurk, Greninja, Dragapult, Cyclizar, Zapdos-Galar, Dragonite, Latios, Deoxys-Normal, Cobalion, Virizion, Tornadus-Therian, Thundurus-Therian, Landorus-Therian, Keldeo-Ordinary, Genesect, and Arceus:
      Range: 4 -> 3​
    • Skarmory:
      Defense: 215 -> 225​
    • Tropius:
      HP: 328 -> 348
    • Marksman now also gives attacks a 20% flinch chance in addition to a boosted critical hit rate.
    • Salamence now correctly has three range.
    • Fixed a typo in Heliolisk's name.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Crabominable, Dragapult, and Lokix.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Dragapult.

I also made some small edits to the Excel Database and text documents to keep them updated. If you previously downloaded the database or text documents, you will need to do so again to get the updates. :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I am constantly working on the presentation of Ultimate, both here and in the game itself. I do my best to make it look nice, inviting, and easy to understand, but if you have any suggestions, I am happy to hear them!

What I meant is, that maybe placing more pictures here and there, and making the post a little more fancy can help! It's not my case, because I can read lol, but who knows, maybe could help!

I'm not sure what you mean about the lack of documentation. Everything is fully documented, as I have both text documents detailing all the changes from vanilla and an Excel database detailing all the information you would ever need in Ultimate. :]

What I meant was on vanilla Conquest, not your hack! Sorry, english isn't my main language, so I can be a little confusing sometimes. My mistake!

Back