• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Gaming Purchases?

pkmin3033

Nothing wrong with buying yourself a present at Christmas...I've been doing it for years. Although I do tend to wait until after I've bought everyone else's presents first; priorities, and all that. xD;

Anyways, I got Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire at launch most recently...the former for my mother, the latter for myself. Amazon cancelled my copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and I refuse to buy it by itself - I either play it with a proper controller (the Gamecube one) or I don't play it at all. So I'll just have to hope they get some more in stock somewhen. If not...well, I can do without it.

Hovering over getting Samurai Warriors 4 anime edition at the moment...Rune Factory 4 is out next week though, I have limited funds, and it IS very close to Christmas...might hold off on it. Plus Sony might spring something on me with the 12 Deals of Christmas.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
You'd think so, but the majority of posts I've seen on other forums are people buying gifts for themselves, not for others.

I have to confess to falling under that category, myself.
But, I don't really have anyone to share the holidays with this year except for my boyfriend, so there's not a whole lot of gifting I can do. :P

May not be the case for everyone, of course, but I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that just don't have anyone else to spend their holidays with~

Years
I bought my new PC about a month ago now and it feels so good to be able to play games in HQ and still run smoothly.

Along with the purchase of my PC has come the purchasing of quite a few new games recently: Kerbal, BattleBlock Theater, Payday 2 and Shogun 2, to add to my current stash. I wouldn't have bought these games if they weren't on sale, however, so I have to give my many thanks to Steam for all those holy sales they have. BattleBlock was 90% off and cost me around 90p, which I think is an absolutely amazing deal for a game I have so far enjoyed albeit only having played an hour. I have saved quite a bit of money for the Steam Winter Sale, that will be the end of my wallet.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Preordered my Shulk Amiibo yesterday! :) Super excited for him to get here. Also, I still haven't unboxed my Villager. How long can I keep this up?! lol

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Pokemon: Omega Ruby (N3DS)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (PS3)

I think my next game is gonna be Alpha Sapphire.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
Nothing wrong with buying yourself a present at Christmas...I've been doing it for years. Although I do tend to wait until after I've bought everyone else's presents first; priorities, and all that. xD;

Oh I don't mind that people buy themselves Christmas gifts (Hitman HD Trilogy was a xmas gift to myself lol), it's just that it's all I've seen them post, no one's mentioned buying games for their families etc.

May not be the case for everyone, of course, but I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that just don't have anyone else to spend their holidays with~

True heh, I know several friends that don't keep in touch with their RL families anymore.

Years
Picked up AC IV: Black Flag on PCfor $20 as well as the Humble Sega Bundle. Payed $1 for 4 Dreamcast PC ports, Nights and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (Which is what i mainly picked it up for). Also, this isn't really a purchase, but a buddy of mine gave me his copy of Pikmin 3 for Wii U

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Fallout: New Vegas (PC). Had planty of good times playing this and FO3 back when I had a PS3. Decided to pick it up for another playthrough.

pkmin3033

I just bought Rune Factory 4! After over a year spent in utter despair of ever getting my hands on it. I'm a bit peeved that it's digital or nothing, but I guess it IS better than nothing. A tad irked with Pokemon at the moment, so this is a welcome distraction <3

Also bought Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f for Vita off the PSN, since it's todays deal. It's about damn time that they offered something worthwhile - the 12 Deals of Christmas sales have been pretty awful up to now, and the 20th Anniversary discounts are even worse. Still, I hope they don't discount too much more that I want; my wallet can't handle this...

pkmin3033

So, I had some money left off from the PSN wallet top-up I did yesterday to get Project Diva f, and just happened to notice that Metal Gear Solid was in the 20th Anniversary Sales...

...it's been ages. And the original MGS is the only one I've really enjoyed. Well, the remake on Gamecube was pretty fantastic, but...yeah. £3.99. Not gonna argue with that price. Time to lose myself in Cam Clarke's upper class English accent, cardboard boxes, and Psycho Mantis' eerieness again. On my Vita. I love modern technology sometimes.

Back