• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
You can only use one mega in a battle so mega plusle and minun would be pointless right? Since you can only mega evolve one at the time.

Unless they had some sort of ability that allowed them both to be out at the same time, or maybe a "Helping Hand" type ability where the other of the duo comes out and helps you or gives you an even bigger power boost than the usual Mega Evolution would.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Same could have been said of other Pokemon, though. Like Salamence or Garchomp... =p

Yeah, which is actually a little annoying. I thought part of the whole point of Mega Evolution was to give Pokémon that had been largely ignored by the fan base a competitive edge. I mean...Mewtwo, Charizard, Metagross, Gyarados, Tyranitar, plus the two you mentioned...

These are not Pokémon that people have any problem remembering. I get Charizard, cuz, you know, its a starter and I think all starters should get at least one mega, but the others I have a hard time reconciling with the principle. If the purpose for giving Slowbro and Altaria and Mawile mega evolutions is to out them on the "same level" as these others, well doesn't giving those others Megas sort of defeat the purpose. That's why I hope that Megas from now on are given only to middling and/or weaker Pokémon. No more pseudo legendaries. Legendaries, maybe, cuz their whole purpose is to be the most powerful Pokémon around.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah, which is actually a little annoying. I thought part of the whole point of Mega Evolution was to give Pokémon that had been largely ignored by the fan base a competitive edge. I mean...Mewtwo, Charizard, Metagross, Gyarados, Tyranitar, plus the two you mentioned...

These are not Pokémon that people have any problem remembering. I get Charizard, cuz, you know, its a starter and I think all starters should get at least one mega, but the others I have a hard time reconciling with the principle. If the purpose for giving Slowbro and Altaria and Mawile mega evolutions is to out them on the "same level" as these others, well doesn't giving those others Megas sort of defeat the purpose. That's why I hope that Megas from now on are given only to middling and/or weaker Pokémon. No more pseudo legendaries. Legendaries, maybe, cuz their whole purpose is to be the most powerful Pokémon around.
Well, giving Megas to weaker/lesser used Pokemon is what we think the point of Mega Evolution is. But that might not be what Game Freak thinks Mega Evolution is for. To them, it could be for an entirely different purpose. Maybe they just wanted to add in a new feature and didn't really care which pokes got megas?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Honestly, it's probably just for the money. They made gave Lucario, Charizard, and other popular Pokemon Mega Evolutions so they could sell plushies and other merchandise of it, and since it's a popular Pokemon people would buy it. Imagine if they only had Mega Farfetch'd and Mega Mawile merchandise - it wouldn't nearly make them as much money as Mega Lucario, Gyarados, Charizard, and Mewtwo do.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well, giving Megas to weaker/lesser used Pokemon is what we think the point of Mega Evolution is. But that might not be what Game Freak thinks Mega Evolution is for. To them, it could be for an entirely different purpose. Maybe they just wanted to add in a new feature and didn't really care which pokes got megas?
You guys keep forgetting that one of the critiria GF listed for deciding which Pokemon get Megas is Popularity. So of course they'll give popular Pokemon Megas. The others were balance, and the last one I'm forgetting.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You guys keep forgetting that one of the critiria GF listed for deciding which Pokemon get Megas is Popularity. So of course they'll give popular Pokemon Megas. The others were balance, and the last one I'm forgetting.
I think Altairis touched on that, but I do agree, Game Freak certainly wanted to give Megas to popular pokes because that rakes in teh moneyz.

But, uh, did they really give a list of criteria to decide which pokes they give Megas to? A link would be nice.

Years
I think Altairis touched on that, but I do agree, Game Freak certainly wanted to give Megas to popular pokes because that rakes in teh moneyz.

But, uh, did they really give a list of criteria to decide which pokes they give Megas to? A link would be nice.
I can't seem to locate the article but I did find an interview where Masuda mentions that the idea of having two Mewtwo Megas had to do with balance. Here it is: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_x_and_y_mega_evolutions_and_the_2ds?page=2

Also the Kanto starters weren't originally going to be in XY as starters, but they seem to have decided to put them early to highlight their Megas.

Since GF probably wants to highlight Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert chances are we may not get another set of Mega starters for the main game (not like I really expect another set pre-E4)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Will Mega-Evolution end new pokemon?

Will they just take a lap around the whole pokedex doing mega-evolutions and stop releasing new pokemon?. It's getting a little ridiculous

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
WHat if Mega Raichu get an ability that transform all normal to Electric type and receive a 30% boost in addition to all other modifiers.

Wouldn't this make it a little overpowering, especially considering that it'll be getting some general stat boosts when it mega-evolves?

I believe it'd be a nice idea for them give this ability to Raichu's normal form, but I just don't feel that I agree with its mega, though.

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
Years
I think they're just milking the mega evo hype. it'll get better (I hope)... Even if Gamefreak decides to head in that route, I think that they'll realize how foolish that is before it's too late.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I don't think they'd stop making new Pokemon.

I mean, they introduced mega evos with X&Y but they still released lots of new ones.

I do, however, hope that they don't just go on and on and give every pokemon a mega. Seems to diminish the "specialness" of the whole thing.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Will they just take a lap around the whole pokedex doing mega-evolutions and stop releasing new pokemon?. It's getting a little ridiculous
Merged your thread with the existing Mega discussion thread for ORAS.

I fele they will do that... for ORAS - because it's not a new gen game, we're not going to get new Pokemon (sans the event Pokemon); just new megas.

But when the next generation game comes around, I bet it'll still follow the general formular. New region, new characters, and new Pokemon. Just that we may in addition get new megas as well.

Years
I honestly won't be surprised if the day comes where nearly 90 percent of three state Pokémon get Megas. I just hope they restrict giving them to more two stage and one stage lines (that doesn't include legendaries).

I won't mind seeing Raichu in OU, or Ubers, so if it get an ability that'll make it OP I won't complain xD. As long as it's not more OP than Primal Groudon's ability...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Isn't the whole concept of Megas for us the players to eventually see all the Mega Evolutions of all the Pokemon? Considering how we're at like 45 or so megas so far, with likely another 20 coming, we're at like what, 1/10th of the way there? I never counted em, but there's only like 600 final stages, including legendaries right?

Years
It's probably less than 600 considering the number of two stage and three stage lines.

I am hoping Slowking and Azumarill will represent the second generation as Megas of Gen II Pokémon.
Btw ice has the least number of Megas so maybe more ice type Megas like Mega Glalie, Mega Froslass, Mega Regice, Mega Articuno.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
I believe that Mega's are a way to expand the species without actually expanding it. By giving us less Pokémon per Generation, but still giving us "new" Pokémon in the form of Mega Evolutions, means that fans are still satisfied.

Another pro is that Mega Evolutions are being released after the start of Generations so fans are getting the excitement of new formes/evolutions mid-generation instead of everything at the beginning.

Years
Well formes were introduced mid gen too, just saying.

Anyways it feels like a conversation that belongs in the general thread.

What if Metagross got another Mega? Perhaps the one Steven gives us in game will have it, compared to the one we'll going to be given through an event.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally wouldn't mind another mega-evolution for Metagross, to be honest. From the looks of things, they seem to give to mega-forms to Pokémon that are relatively popular among fans, in some cases, such as Charizard and Mewtwo, and I believe Metagross could be put into the same, exact category. Of all Pokémon that had been introduced in generation three, many of us seem to love this one a lot more.

I'm a huge Metagross fan, and would definitely like seeing it. In-design, though, one thing I'm hoping for that, if they do decide to create another mega, its eyes would look a little wider. In its current mega-evolution form, Metagross looks quite upset, so to speak, which I'm personally not too fond of.

Not really sure about stats, though.

Years
Normal Metagross kind of looks upset, but not as much as it's Mega. If it gets a second it could be made to look like a fusion of two normal Metagross and have a more sleek appearance. Also it could get a Metag like facial expression.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
Years
i really want to see a mega flygon come on that was a good Pokemon why cant he get a mega and if it did hope they make it looked good and salamance mega didn't look good i love the mega metagross and im having one on my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back